‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 3

Alyssa's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. The arm around my waist disappeared as my boyfriend rolled over, trying to get away from the noise.

I sluggishly moved my hand over to my phone and grabbed hold of it. I opened my eyes to see that the phone call was coming from work.

"Hello," I answered.

"You said you wanted to be updated on a prisoner if anything happened," a deep voice filled my ears and I recognized it to be my partner.

"What is it, Martin?" Since Jack's dad had been killed I knew it had to be about Jack.

"He escaped."

For a split second my whole body froze. I didn't know what to feel or what to do. Emotions flooded my body all at once.

"Boss? Boss, what do you want us to do?"

Hearing Martin's voice brought me back to reality. I took a deep staggered breath and straightened myself. " Find him."

"We don't know where he is, Boss."

"He will be going after Alex. Get me a team of our best and have them ready in twenty minutes. I am on my way."

"Yes, Boss," he said before the phone went dead.

"What's going on?" My boyfriend sat up and looked at me.

"It's Jack."

"THE Jack?"

I nodded, "He escaped."

It was too dark to see his reaction, but judging by the silence he was just as shocked as I was when I found out. How could Jack have gotten free? We took down every arena and his father was killed in prison. He had nothing left to live for outside of prison.

"I have to go. I need you to be ready for anything. If I know Jack, he found a way to open up a new arena or something. Find that out for me, okay?"

I stood up then moved to the dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans. I slipped into them then grabbed a plain red t-shirt. To finish the look I slid into my leather jacket and put my black hiking boots on.

"How did he escape?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. We will find him though. I just hope he doesn't get to Alex. I don't even know where Alex lives anymore. After his wedding we lost touch."

"Hey, Babe. You can do this. Alex lives in Missouri still. I've kept in some touch."

I nodded, "Okay. Well, I have to head out. Call me if you find anything."

He nodded and smiled. "Go find him, Babe."

I left my house in my Camaro. After crashing my other one, I bought a new car and had it customized so that it had the police colors, police lights, a siren, radio and can't forget the police radar. Even a policeman had to avoid the cops when speeding.

I sped down the streets with my sirens blaring. It wasn't often that I got the chance to race down the streets for an actual cause, but when I did it was an adrenaline rush.

When I pulled up to the police station a group of S.W.A.T. people were standing outside of their van. Each of them had a black helmet covering their head, a black vest with S.W.A.T. written across the front, and black pants with boots to complete their badass look. I always wanted to be S.W.A.T. and get in on the action, but something always held me back.

Martin walked out of the front office wearing a navy vest that said "Police". He was wearing a white t-shirt beneath the vest and light blue jeans. His badge hung loosely around his neck and a gun was in a holster at his side. His spiked hair was gelled back and his black beard wore the white powder from a previous donut, but his expression was hard.

"Here," He handed me a bullet-proof vest.

"I don't need that." I pushed past him.

"Boss, put it on or I make sure you don't go."

I narrowed my eyes, "What makes you think you can stop me?"

"Simple. You are too far into this and aren't making rational decisions."

I paused then pulled it from his hands. He grinned when he knew that he had won.

"You ride with me. I want S.W.A.T. to meet us there."

He raised an eyebrow, "You know where he is?"

I shook my head, "I'm just guessing, but I know that I am right."

"Okay, Boss. I'll tell S.W.A.T. and grab the files then meet you in the car."

I nodded then returned to my car. I shrugged out of my leather jacket then slipped into the vest that Martin gave me. I preferred not wearing the vest because it got in the way when on pursuit. Not to mention it was extremely uncomfortable and fashionably horrible.

"Looking good, Boss," Martin walked to my car with a large folder in his hand.

I rolled my eyes and got into the car with him following. As soon as the doors closed I started the car and took off.

"Read the file. You need to know what you are getting yourself into."

"It's just another criminal who happened to get free for a little while."

"Jack is much worse than the men who reside in that prison. He is a born killer and wants his revenge. Don't take lightly to him and shoot if you get the chance. Don't hesitate."

"He can't be that bad."

I laughed. "Do you remember the arenas that were planted around the United States?"

"Yeah. The owner of that died in prison."

"Jack is his son."

He paused. "Is there another one open?"

"I don't know, but we are going to find out."

"Boss, he walked out of the prison. Someone knocked out the guards and they walked out."

I smirked, "I expect no less from Jack. This is going to be one of the hardest jobs you've ever had."

Alex's POV

When I woke up, I was in a white room with a bunch of monitors connected to me. My ears were filled with beeping noises and I glanced down at my wrist to see an IV in it. I sat up, getting ready to pull the IV out only to have a hand grab my shoulder and make me stop.

I looked up and almost lost my breath. It was Alyssa. Her eyes were tearing up as she held me down, making sure that I didn't move too much or rip out the IV. Why was she sad? Did something happen to my family? Or was it something having to do with me?

"Don't get up, Alex." She said softly.

"Where's Bailey?" I asked quietly.

"Alex…Jack took her."

My eyes widened and I shot up."We have to find her and my kids!"

"Alex, you need to calm down. We are looking for your family as we speak." She said as she held my shoulder again.

I looked at her and nodded then lay back down. "What happened?"

"We heard about Jack getting out and knew he would go after you. We looked everywhere for you and when we found you, we came as fast as we could. We were too late though…you were on the ground bleeding in the stomach with a bullet wound." She said as she glanced at my stomach where the bullet had been put.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I was so stupid. My family was gone. All taken by Jack. I should've killed him when I had the chance. I was a coward for not doing what I should've done years ago and now my family was in danger for their lives.

"I need to go out of here and find them, Alyssa."

"First you need to get better, Alex." She said.

"I'm fine! Alyssa get me out of here!" I yelled. "He's going to hurt them! Please! I know Jack more than anyone!"

"Shhh, calm down. I came to help you, Alex. In order for that to happen, you need to trust me."

I nodded and looked at her. "What do we do?"

"I'm going to run to your house and grab some things. In the mean time you need to stay here and rest. Okay?"

I shook my head and said, "I can't sit here knowing my family isn't safe."

"You're going to have to. I'll be right back." She said then walked out of the room.

I groaned then laid back. She'd better hurry…they don't have much time…and I didn't know how much longer I could sit and wait for each second in the hour glass to pass. Jack would have his way with them and he most likely assumed that I was dead which only meant that he could take his time in doing so. My family was in real danger and I was stuck at a hospital where I was being taken care of. I needed to get out now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks so much for reading :) Stayed tuned for chapter 4! :D