‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 4

Bailey's POV

I woke up and waited for my eyes to adjust to the darkness before I looked around. I was in a dark room and tied to a chair. I couldn't see much except for the small light that was visible through the bottom crack of the door. No one else was in the room with me; at least I couldn't see that anyone else was in the room. Then it hit me and I remembered everything.

Alex had jumped in front of a bullet for me again…Jack ran and took us with him, which meant everything was happening all over again. He had talked about reopening the arena. How was he going to do that? Why did my kids have to be the first to test it out? Where are my kids?! Are they ok? What about Alex? Was he ok?

More questions would've gone through my head if Jack hadn't suddenly walked through the door. The light from the hallway hit my eyes and made me squint as his figure became clearer. A switch was flipped on and a light above me lit up, revealing the dull gray room that I had been kept in. He walked over to me with a smirk then knelt down in front of me.

"Where are my kids, Jack?" I demanded.

"Don't worry, they are safe. For now at least," He said with a smirk.

"You son of a –!"

"Now, now, now. None of that. You wouldn't want your daughter to hear that now would you," he said then snapped his fingers. The door opened again and Sam was dragged in by one of the men from earlier. She had a black blindfold around her eyes and her arms were tied together. Tears came to my eyes when I saw my daughter.

"Sam" I yelled.

"Mom, is that you," she called out.

"Yes, honey. I'm right here," I answered. "Jack let me out of this chair, now!"

I saw him smirk then untie the ropes holding me down. I jumped up and ran over to Sam then hugged her. I felt her crying into my shoulder and her shaking in my arms. She was terrified of all this. I was too, but I couldn't admit that to her. I had to be strong or she would have no hope.

"What did you do to her," I asked Jack coldly.

"She's fine isn't she? I'd be more worried about Alex."

My eyes widened and I looked into his lifeless eyes. "Where is Alex?"

"He died saving the one he loved. That's a pretty decent way to go though, right? Better to save you than to die an old man without you."

I felt my heart drop and the tears that I had been holding back began to release no matter how hard I tried to breathe and relax. Alex? Dead? He couldn't be! We…we were just holding hands and laughing!

Sam had heard and started crying harder. She was daddy's girl. It made me cry more and I held her close. Her father and the love of my life were gone. Jack would pay. I would kill him even if it was the last thing I did.

"Hey, it's ok. You have a new dad, Sam," Jack said as he knelt down next to us.

"You keep the hell away from her, Jack," I screamed then lunged at him. He easily caught me and slammed me into the ground. I gasped at my loss of breath as he towered over me with a huge smirk on his face.

"Mom," Sam yelled out.

"Jerry, take the girl away," Jack said as he pinned me down.

I watched as my daughter was dragged out of the room yelling, "Let her go!"

When she was out, Jack leaned down and whispered, "See Bailey, you might as well give in because you are powerless against me. Now, I need to have a son to take over the family business." My eyes widened and I tried to get away. "Guess who the lucky woman is? That's right! It's you!"

I shook my hand and kept muttering "no" over and over.

"Oh, yes," He said then leaned down to kiss me. I turned my head away and held my breath. The smell he had on me was almost unbearable. I had to close my eyes and hold back my gagging. Before he could, his phone rang and he pulled away. He got off me and answered it.

"Yeah, Damien," he asked. My eyes widened. Damien? Not Alex's friend right? Not the one that went to our wedding. It couldn't be. He was Alex's friend! How could he!

"Yes, we got them. We are at the hide out. Yeah, the old one. Be here by tomorrow night. Yes. Alex is dead. Alright, bye." He hung up then put it in his pocket. "I have a few things that I need to do. I'll be back," He said then walked out of the room.

Him saying "Alex is dead" played in my head like a broken record. Tears started streaming out again. I had to get the kids out. It's what he would want.

Alex's POV

Alyssa came back with some clothes, guns and ammo. We walked out of the hospital after I signed a release form and got into a black suburban. She decided it was best that she drive so I sat in the passenger seat and looked out the window as we drove away from the hospital.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Speak with an undercover agent." She answered.

"Oh…I have another question."

"Ask away."

"Why are you helping me? We haven't spoken since the wedding."

She paused then said, "Look…What happened at the wedding, I am sorry."

"You tried to kiss me in the back room like you wanted me back. Why did you suddenly want me? I loved Bailey and you knew that."

"I know, Alex. It was a stupid mistake. I never should've crossed that line and I regret it."

I nodded then looked out the window. I felt a hand on my shoulder then looked over at Alyssa. "We will get them back, Alex. I promise." She said softly.

"We don't have much time…You don't know Jack as well as I do."

"You don't know us as well either, Alex."

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"You will see and we are here."

We pulled into the driveway of a house I knew very well. It was huge with a white picket fence and a black roof. The house itself was brown with white trim surrounding it and the location was in a rich part of the city. It was Damien's house. He was working with Alyssa? For how long? What was this all about?

Alyssa got out of the car then walked over to the front door with me following close behind. She knocked on the door then we waited. It felt like hours had passed while we waited for an answer and in that time I had a hard time breathing evenly. Why couldn't everyone hurry?

The door opened and Damien's head poked out. He looked at Alyssa then got out of the way, letting her through, but once he saw me, his eyes widened and his mouth dropped.

"What," I asked as I walked past him.

"You're supposed to be dead. At least that's what Jack told me," He answered then shut the door and walked over toward Alyssa.

"Sorry to disappoint." I mumbled.

"No man, I'm glad! It's a huge relief to see you alive and, I'm assuming, doing well?"

"You could say that I guess. Bro, how long have you been working for them?" I gestured toward Alyssa.

"Uhm...about a month before you called me up asking me to take you and Bailey away from all this shit. Looks like I somewhat failed considering its coming back to haunt you..." He mumbled.

"Wait so you knew about me wanting to run away with Bailey?" I looked at Alyssa who had a smirk on her face.

"I did. I don't mean to ruin the reunion, but we should probably get things started."

"Right. So, Ally, what do you want to hear?" Damien said as he took Alyssa's hand in his.

I widened my eyes and looked back and forth at the two. "You guys are…a couple?"

Alyssa smiled then nodded. "Been a couple years now. Anyways, we need to know everything." She said as she looked at Damien. His smile went away and he nodded. It was time for business.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, guys! Don't forget to comment! :D I love all of your comments!