‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 5

Bailey's POV

I had been crying to myself for what seemed like hours. The tears wouldn't stop flowing and my heart wouldn't stop throbbing. I didn't want Jack to come back in because I might not get lucky again. He would come eventually though…and I needed to get away.

I wiped my tears away and then pulled myself to my feet. I walked over to the door and tried the handle. Naturally, it was locked. I hadn't realized until now how hard I had been crying. My head was pounding each second that I was on my feet.

"Shit…"I muttered. I don't know why I even tried.

I looked around the room. There was a vent on the ceiling, the chair I was tied to, rope and the door. I sat on the chair and started thinking.

What can I do with rope…a chair…and a vent? I could climb through the vent…but they would notice I was missing. So that wouldn't get far. Plus when they noticed me gone, it would put the kids in danger. Not to mention…I have no idea where I'd be going.

Suddenly an idea came to my head. It was my only shot if escaping. If it failed then I'd be in a lot of trouble. I sighed and closed my eyes. I needed motivation. Something to help me get off the chair and at least try for the sake of the family.

Alex would do it…hell; he'd do anything to save his family even if things got worse. It's time to think like him and go for it. Even though he was gone, I had to make him proud. I had to do something and not just sit around. That would've disappointed him.

I got up then walked to the door. They would surely have a guard in front of it. "Help!" I yelled. "Please! My stomach! It hurts!"

I grinned when I heard the door knob start to turn. The door burst open and a guy with a gun ran in. He wore gray and blue army pants with a black shirt and ski mask that hid his identity. I hid behind the door with the rope in my hands.

When his back was turned toward me, I tackled him and held the rope around his neck. The gun he had in his hands had flown out and scattered across the floor away from us. He was trying to get the rope away, so I dug my knee into his spine and pulled the rope tighter then he let go and yelped in pain.

He kept struggling and trying to get away, but the rope took away his oxygen so he passed out and his body fell limp. I pulled the rope back and started stripping him of his clothes. I could see deep red lines around his neck from what I had done. My stomach felt light and I had to look away as I took them off.

Once he was down to his boxers, I put the clothes on over mine and grabbed the gun. I put it in my pocket then glanced at him once more. It was a young guy that I killed I didn't know his name or his family. I knew nothing about him and I had just killed him to save my own. I frowned then left the room without a second glance back. He wasn't going to die for nothing. I closed the door behind me. Now I had to find my family.

Alex's POV

Damien told us where they were being held and that they were alive. He was also supposed to be there by tomorrow and to help Jack with something.

"Let's leave now!" I shouted.

"We can't just go in there blind, Alex." Alyssa said as she looked at me. "We need a plan and you can't go."

"Alyssa I will go! This is my family we are talking about! You can't make me sit back and watch Jack kill them!" I said as I slammed my fist onto the table.

"Alex, Alyssa is right. Look at yourself. You're probably going to make it worse if you just walk in there. We need a good plan without you being reckless." Damien said calmly.

I groaned then took a deep breath. "Fine…what's the great plan?" I asked.

"We are thinking, but we don't know if you should go." Damien said with a glance to Alyssa.

"Please let me come? I need to help. I won't be reckless. Just please…let me help." I muttered.

Alyssa looked at Damien then said, "Alright. I've got a plan, but Alex we need you to go with it and not make any adjustments while it's going."

I quickly replied with, "Ok. I will follow the rules. Please let me help."

"Good now the plan is that Alex and I go in as your guards. That way we can go where you go, hear what you hear and see what you see."

"Jack will notice me." I interrupted.

"Jack assumes you are dead though." Damien stepped in.

I nodded and looked at Alyssa. "You are good with disguises. We need to change my face and cover the scar on my chest."

She nodded. "That'd be a good idea in case he is suspicious. I've got black uniforms for us to wear and, of course, weapons."

I glanced down at the floor. Hold on, Bailey. I'm coming to save you and the kids.

"We will just need to dye your hair a different color and put some make up over your scar to hide it…Let's face it, this is going to be a lot of work," Alyssa sighed.

"Why can't I just wear a wig," I groaned.

"Are you kidding me, Alex? Have you already forgotten what Jack is like? Plus if that wig falls off then you risk exposing everyone and putting your family in danger. Damien and I will run and grab the supplies and in the meantime I want you resting. The less we strain you, the faster you will heal."

"Why do you always want me to sit around," I glared at her and groaned.

"Alex, I have only been with you for a couple hours and you already annoy me with all of your complaining. Shut the hell up and go lay down, now." She pointed her finger toward the couch.

"Are you aware of what you are getting yourself into," I asked Damien.

He laughed, "She's always been demanding. I'm surprised you don't remember that. We will be back, Alex. I promise."

I nodded, "Alright. Don't take too long."

"Go lay down, Bro. There is food in the fridge and a blanket on the back of the couch. We will be back before you know it."

"Alright," I sighed then moved over to the couch and laid down. This was not what I wanted to do at all while my family was in trouble, but I knew I had to even to my dismay.

Alyssa's POV

Damien and I left Alex in the house alone and got into my car. I turned it on then pulled out of the drive way without a word. The whole situation sucked and I hated that Jack was trying to hurt Alex again. He had finally settled down and found his path.

"You okay, Alyssa?" I heard Damien whisper.

"Why did that asshole have to escape? Alex doesn't deserve the shit Jack is putting him through. Did you see how broken he was? I know he is trying to act like he can fix all of this, but I can read that he is terrified."

"I know…That's why we are helping him. He can't do this alone."

"We have to get them back…I won't ever forgive myself if they don't make it through this."

"I know, Babe. We are going to try our hardest."

I sighed, "I knew that Jack was going to get out. That's why I had so many people on him. How could anyone manage to break him free knowing what he has done?"

"If you were on the streets your whole life or even in prison and you could manage to get one of the darkest people in the world on your side, wouldn't you?"

I shrugged, "I guess I never really looked at it that way. Jack is just psycho enough to have on your side."

"Exactly the reason I am frightened for Alex's family. Especially when they think Alex is dead."

I nodded then lightly punched my foot against the gas pedal. We had to hurry for their sake. I wasn't going to let anything happen to them.

Bailey's POV

I ran down the hall in search of my family. There were doors everywhere and I would take a glance through the window to find no one in the room. After that, I ran on to the next door.

Finally, after about the 20th door, I found Tyson and Anthony. They were put in the same room. Their hands were tied together and their heads slumped down. I opened the door then ran in toward them.

When they heard the door open, they both looked up at me and widened their eyes. They started shaking around.

"Stay back," Tyson yelled.

"Tyson, it's me," I said as I knelt down and started untying his ropes.

"Mom," Anthony asked.

"Yes, you need to be quiet ok?"

Anthony nodded then watched me untie Tyson's hands. Once I finished, I began untying Anthony's. Just as I was about to finish, Tyson whispered, "Mom! Someone is coming!"

I looked at Anthony then at Tyson. "Pretend you are tied up ok? I'm going to hide."

They nodded then got in the same position as I had found them. I walked behind the door then held still.

The guard walked into the room then glanced at the boys. I took the chance to tackle him down. I got on top of him then grabbed his neck. He put his hands over mine and pulled them back. I yelped when I felt his fist hit my jaw and fell back. He got on me and held onto my throat. I was gasping for air and trying to break his grip, but I wasn't nearly as strong.

Just as my vision became blurry, he flew onto the ground with someone on his back. It was Tyson. He was throwing fists at the man and saying, "Don't hurt my mom!"

I watched as he knocked the man out and all of the anger that was flowing through him. He was just like Alex when it came to protecting a loved one.

He got up and walked over to me. His knuckles were scratched up and he was breathing heavily. He knelt down beside me and asked, "Are you ok?"

I smiled and nodded. He got up then pulled me to my feet. Once I was up we heard clapping by the door. We turned and saw Jack standing there. It was as if he had planned the whole thing. He knew exactly where I was and everything.

"Aw, family love," He said with a smirk.

Tyson stepped in front of my and held up his fists while Anthony stood beside me with his arm around me, keeping me up. I watched as he took a threatening step forward.

"How cute. He acts just like his father used to."

"What do you mean used to," Tyson asked between clenched teeth.

"Oh, you don't know yet? I killed your dad."

Tyson's eyes widened then they were quickly filled with hatred and the need to kill. He ran at Jack before I could stop him. Jack easily blocked his punch then kicked him in the stomach. He fell to the ground, holding his stomach and trying to catch his breath.

Just before Jack kicked him again, I grabbed his leg then threw it back. "Don't you touch him!"

He smirked at me then pushed me back into Anthony, who caught me. "Where have you been? You weren't in the room I put you in."

I kept quiet and stared at him. He crossed his arms then started walking around us in a circle. We moved with him and made sure he never faced our backs.

"Answer me," he demanded.

"I was out of the room, looking for my kids." I said as I glared at him.

"Killing a newbie was worth it, huh?"

I nodded while glancing at Anthony and Tyson. They were scared and sad. They might not live and they lost their dad. Why did they have to go through this? Why couldn't Jack just leave us alone and live his own life instead of destroy others?

"Why are you doing this, Jack," I asked.

He smirked, "Because you changed Alex and ruined everything. If it weren't for you, Anthony would be alive. I wouldn't have spent 16 years in prison and my dad would be alive."

"So you killed Alex why? He didn't do anything."

"I was planning on shooting you…but he got in the way." He admitted to the misfortune of the gun shot.

I looked away and clenched my hand into a fist. He was going to pay. He will wish he were still in prison when I was through with him. Alex's death would be avenged and this family would make it through for him.

"Do you even know why you were taken in the first place?" he asked as he took a step toward me.

I shook my head. I had always wondered why they had, but I never thought to bring it up with Alex because it might make him unhappy.

He took another step toward me then rested his hand on my shoulder. "Your dad turned you in."

I widened my eyes then shook my head.

"You are right. He didn't. It would've been amazing if he did though. No, you were just an unlucky person drawn from a hat."

I nudged his hand off my shoulder then took a couple steps back. "Stay away."

I was beginning to get scared. Every second our chances of escaping decreased and the chance of living wasn't high either. Hope for this was getting lower and lower.

Alex's Pov

"Damn it, Damien! Let me drive! You're too slow!" I argued. They wouldn't let me drive because I would've sped there like my life depended on it. Probably because it depended on my family's life.

"No, Alex. Shut up and relax, ok," Damien asked in an annoyed tone.

I groaned then sat back and closed my eyes. How long is this going to take? They already have me in a stupid black uniform with a fake black beard. This had better work…

"Alex," Alyssa asked. "We will be there in five minutes. Remember that you need to not make your own plans."

I opened my eyes and nodded. "You do know that if they are hurt, I'm going to kill him then and there."

She grinned then nodded. "We do know."

I nodded then looked out the window. We were there. It was an abandoned house that led to an underground base. I had stayed there a few times in hiding, so I knew the layout. Of course, it wasn't often that it was used and last I heard it had been abandoned many years ago. It was simple with the broken front door and old woody base that made it unsafe for people to live in. Jack's father bought the property many years ago because it was isolated from the towns around and people avoided going near the house.

We got out and walked into the house with Damien leading the way. When we walked down the hidden staircase, into the base, I felt relief run through me instantly. Jack was standing in front of us with Bailey's hand in his. She was alive, but she had no emotion in her eyes. I clenched a fist and took a step forward only to be stopped by Alyssa.

"It's ok, Trent. I don't need protecting from these guys," Damien said as he glanced at me with a nervous laugh.

I nodded then stepped back behind him. He returned the nod then turned back to Jack. "Sorry, I have a newbie. I see Bailey is still alive." He pointed out.

Jack smirked, "Of course. She's my new wife and soon to be the mother of my son."

I widened my eyes. Did he just say what I think he said?

"Congrats, Jack." Damien answered, hiding the sickness in his voice.

He nodded, "Well it has been a long day. I'm sure you had a long drive. Shall we turn in for the night and continue the meeting in the morning?"

"Yes, I did. That sounds great." Damien answered.

Jack kissed Bailey's cheek. "Will you show them to their rooms? Don't take long."

She released his hand then mumbled, "Follow me."

Damien took the first step, and then we all began following her down the hall. She led us for a couple minutes until we got to one of the last doors on the right. The whole place was white, almost like being in the hospital like before. It was almost scary how clean everything looked down here compared to the house above ground.

"This is your room." She whispered then turned around and started walking back. She glanced up a Damien with hate in her eyes. I could tell that she thought he had betrayed her and she wanted answers, but she knew just as well as me that this place had people walking around everywhere. You didn't want to be caught talking with the wrong people by one of the other guards.

She brushed past me and I instantly lost my breath at the contact. I wanted so badly to let her know that it was me, but I knew it was too early to blow my cover. No to mention I promised Alyssa and Damien that I wouldn't do my own thing.

Watching her walk away and disappear behind the corner was easily one of the hardest things I've ever had to bear. The pit of my stomach felt empty as I turned around to see Damien and Alyssa both staring at me. Alyssa's eyes met mine and instantly I could see the sorrow beneath them. It looked almost as though she knew exactly what I was going through.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! :))