‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 7

Bailey's POV

As I sat across the table from Damien and his men I couldn't help but stare at the one on the left. There was something about him that almost seemed familiar. It was also strange how he wouldn't stop staring at me. Maybe Damien was up to something that no one knew about. If he was, I think, getting the answers from the man I was supposed to watch would be the perfect opportunity.

His hair was cut short around the sides, but thicker on top like a military man. Aside from the hair on chin, his face looked flawless. He didn't have any scars or scratches which meant that he was either new to the job or really good at it. I used to love the scar Alex had on his chest. It reminded me that I wanted to spend every day of my life making sure that he never got hurt again. I had already failed that goal.

What caught me off guard were his eyes. They were soft and almost looked like they were in pain. Who was this guy? Why did he seem so familiar and what was his story? Part of me wanted to know, but the other was scared.

I was vaguely listening to Jack talking, but I knew that he wanted me to watch this guy. I couldn't help, but smile on the inside. It reminded me of when Alex had to watch me. The cage wasn't that great, but back then every moment we spent was worth it. It was when I went to the beach for the first time and fell in love with my husband. I could feel tears at the edge of my eyes. I pushed them back and tried to focus on something else

Before I knew it, the meeting was over and Jack was standing up from his chair. I rose to my feet and glanced around to see Trent's eyes on me again. This time they were somewhat amused. Almost like he wanted me to guard him.

Jack's hand grabbed mine and pulled me along with him. I managed to see a hint of jealousy in Trent as I walked behind Jack. Now things were really getting weird. Did Jack see this guy's feelings too or was it only me that noticed them?

Jack and I exited the room into the white hall and stood beside the door. For some reason we were waiting for Damien to talk to his men. Jack pushed me back against the wall then stared into my eyes like he was about to threaten me. His arms were pinned on the each side of me and his head lowered toward me.

"I am trusting you. This is your one test to prove that you can be a part of this. I do not wish to end your life because that would mean that Alex died for nothing. Do you understand?"

I nodded.

"This should be easy for you since you've already been on one side of this. I'm not saying that you need to train him since he is already on a diet that Damien has set. I'm saying that I want you to make sure he stays completely healthy. I want him to be one of the finalists in the arena. If I can manage to gain Damien's trust then we have a lot more clients. A lot more clients means more people to kidnap-"

"And more people to kidnap means more business. I get it, Jack," I rolled my eyes. Money wouldn't pay my loyalty. He was lucky that my children's lives were on the line.

"Good," he patted my cheek. "Now, they should be out any minute. Take Trent to the last room on the right. It is big enough to host the both of you. The only problem is there is one bed. That means you will have to sleep on the hard tile floor. That won't be a problem for you, will it?"

"Anything is better than being around you…" I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"I said loud and clear."

"Good-"

Trent emerged from the room and raised an eyebrow at Jack and me. "Did I miss something?"

Damien and his other man were standing behind Trent with wide eyes. I didn't think they were shocked about Jack pinning me to the wall. Their eyes both looked at Trent then back at Jack like they anticipated Trent to make a move.

"No, I was just leaving. See you in a couple weeks." Jack leaned down and stole a kiss from me.

I quickly pulled my lips away and pushed him away. He smiled down like he was toying me then turned around and walked away. I wiped my lips with my sleeves then looked back and Trent. His face was the same, but his hands were clenched at his sides. What was his problem?

"Come on…" I mumbled then pushed myself from the wall.

I started walking down the hall Jack instructed me to without even checking to see if Trent was following me. It was assumed that he would make this easy and do as I say. I didn't want to waste time babysitting. If I could keep him distracted then I could plan a way to get my kids out safely.

I opened the last door like Jack told me to then allowed Trent to walk in before me. I trailed him and shut the door behind us. I heard a click then cursed. Jack really did think everything through. If I was locked in here for a couple weeks then there was no chance of getting my kids.

I moved my eyes from the door to the room and noticed that this room actually had color. At least it wasn't white. Instead this room had solid gray walls and tiled floor. The far right corner of the room had a bunch of different exercising equipment that I recognized from when Alex trained me. To the left was a twin or full sized bed. It was too small for more than one person. The bedding on it was a darker gray than the walls. To my left was a small kitchen that had an oven, stove and fridge. Hopefully it was stocked with a lot of food. Lastly, to the right of me was a small table for two that had a large lamp in the middle.

"So…What do we do first?" I looked over to see Trent waiting patiently for me to tell him what to do. He was stranding up straight with his hands behind his back.

"Do whatever you want…" I mumbled then walked over to the bed and sat down on it.

"Look…We are here for a couple weeks. I'd love it if we could get along…"

"I'd love it if I could have my husband back too. Looks like we are both screwed."

His facial expression caught me off guard. He looked like he was hurt. His lips parted like he wanted to say something, but he shrugged it off then turned and sat down at the table. He was hiding something and I would figure it out eventually.

Alex's POV

We had already been sitting in the room for a couple hours and no words were exchanged. I wanted so badly to tell her, but what was I supposed to say? 'Hi, I'm not actually dead and I need you to act like I am.' There was no way that would work.

"Are you going to start working out or just sit around for two weeks?"

I smirked, "You just want to see me with my shirt off."

She stood up then walked over to the kitchen. She opened the fridge door then pulled out a bottle of orange juice. I didn't like that she was completely ignoring me.

"I've said maybe twenty words to you since we met and you are already ignoring me? That has got to be a new record." I stood up and walked into the kitchen then leaned against the counter.

"I had to deal with Jack and now that I have him off my ass I have to deal with you. I just can't catch a break, can I?" She pushed past me then sat down where I was previously sitting.

"Whoa now, no need to bite off my head. I wasn't trying to offend you." I sat in the chair across from her. "So, why don't you tell me your story?"

"My story," She questioned after taking a sip from her orange juice.

"Yeah…How do you know Jack?"

She leaned across the table and stared at me, "How about we start with your story? Are you and Damien up to something? Because Damien used to be Alex's friend and even helped me escape. It doesn't make sense that he would suddenly start helping Jack."

I bit the inside of my lip. I couldn't tell her my plan because there was always that chance that Jack made a deal with her to let the kids and her go. "You shouldn't go around asking questions that could put you and your family in harm."

"What do you know about my family?"

"You ask a lot of questions."

"And you don't give a lot of answers." Her eyebrow raised in amusement.

I shook my head. It was hard being this close to her as another person. I wanted so badly to wrap my arms around her and pull her into a kiss, but I knew that I couldn't. Messing with people's lives never ended well. The fact that they were my family made it all the more crucial to follow the plan.

Not to mention Damien made it clear that I was not to talk to Bailey no matter what the circumstance. There was always a possibility that Jack had cameras or even speakers in the room. It would be easy to tamper with them, but Jack was smarter than that. It might signal that they were being tampered and then our whole plan would be ruined.

"So, tell me your story. How do you know Damien?"

I smirked then stood up. "Don't we have a mission to accomplish first? I believe I am supposed to work my ass off while you sit there and look pretty, correct?"

Her cheeks turned slightly red before she twisted in her chair so that she was facing another direction. I sighed in relief. I got her off my tail. One problem. How was I going to work out or keep in shape when it was very clear that my body couldn't handle it? I knew that I had a long set of stitches where the bullet wound was. They weren't even close to being ready to remove.

"Well? Are you going to work out or just stare at the equipment?"

I frowned. "I think that I am going to actually take a nap…I am tired."

"Do whatever you want."

I nodded then grabbed a pillow from the bed. I threw it onto the ground near the foot of the bed then laid down. It wasn't the most comfortable spot in the room, but it would have to do since there was only room for one person on the bed.

"What are you doing?"

"I am sleeping on the floor. Does it look like I am doing something different?"

She got up from her chair. "No, you get the bed. Jack made that very clear."

"I'm not sleeping on the bed and that is final."

"Please sleep on the bed…"

"That would be impolite for me to do." I set my head against the pillow and closed my eyes.

"I already said please! Now get up off the floor!" Bailey's arms were around my waist as she started pulling me up off the ground.

I turned around to get her to let go, but instead she fell onto my chest. Instantly I felt pain where the stitches were and winced. She jumped off me and started freaking out.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. Are you okay?"

I rolled onto my side and groaned. My whole chest burned like it was on fire.

She started tugging at my shirt. "Let me see what's wrong."

"No," I groaned.

"Trent, let me see. There is blood coming from your shirt."

I looked down at my shirt to see that she was right. How in the hell was I going to get away with this one?
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sooo sorry for the long wait! I have already started on the next chapter! I've just been so busy with everything (which is no excuse). Won't happen again! Thank's for reading! :)