‹ Prequel: Kidnapped

Kidnapped 2: Jack's Revenge

Chapter 8

Alyssa's POV

"We are screwed. Alex is going to tell Bailey everything!" I paced around the room Damien and I were in. "Hell, he probably already did and now they are having an epic make out session."

Damien chuckled. "You really should calm down. Alex knows how important this is."

I sighed. "Alex was never one to act with his head instead of his heart and you know that. If he did, he wouldn't have risked Bailey and his escape."

"You can't argue that, that was a mistake. It was the best decision I've seen him make in his whole life."

"Oh god, please don't tell me you are on the Alex Bandwagon too. You are probably his head fan girl."

"Sit down and take a break, Alyssa. I know that you have a hard time waiting for things to take place just like Alex."

I rolled my eyes even though I knew how alike Alex and I were. Two whole weeks seemed way too long for something like this to remain a secret. I was hoping for a quick escape, but that was way out of the question. Jack always had to make things complicating.

I sat down on the chair across from Damien and set my head against the cool table. There was no way that I could just sit here for two weeks and do nothing.

"Can't we just call in the whole shebang and arrest his ass," I asked.

"I wish it were that simple. Until we know where Alex's whole family is we can't risk it." Damien sounded just as irritated as me.

"You've got to figure out a way to get me in with his kids." I raised my head from the table and looked at him.

He bit his lip and looked to the side. "I'll figure something out, but until then you are going to have to be patient just like Alex had to."

"You know…I used to be jealous of Alex. But after everything he has been through…I wouldn't even wish that on my enemies. Don't you repeat that either." I glared at him.

He smirked then got up from his chair and moved behind me. As I was about to turn around and face him, I felt his hands on my shoulders. I loved it when he messaged my shoulders. It washed away all of my thoughts and stress with such ease that it almost scared me.

"Alex is a tough guy. I think that everything he has been through is what makes him think with his heart instead of his head because he has such good judgment."

"I guess I never really thought of it that way…" I mumbled.

"You don't need to think about it. Alex has it all under control."

"That's what bothers me. How did everything work out so perfectly? Why is Jack letting Bailey guard someone when he knows damn well that she hates his guts?"

"I'm concerned about that as well. I have a feeling that Jack has a bigger picture that he is looking at. I just can't think of what that picture is."

"Well," I smiled, "It would appear that we do have something to do in the next two weeks."

"And here I thought we'd just stay in this room for two weeks and be with each other," Damien teased.

I nudged him and smiled. "We can take a long vacation after this."

"I will hold your—"

Damien was interrupted by a knock on the door. We both glanced at each other before getting up to see who it was.

Jack's POV

"Sir, she is in the room with Trent," Zeke said as he entered my room.

"Good, good," I muttered half-heartedly.

"You don't seem like you care too much about this Bailey character. I don't mean to pry, but why wouldn't you put some sort of equipment so that you knew what was going on in that room?"

"I could care less what's going on in that room. She will think that there is some sort of camera somewhere and behave regardless. I just wanted her preoccupied while I planned for other things."

Zeke nodded then stood beside me. "What is the plan then?"

"For now we need to get the arena situated. We will need every room in this building built with soundproof walls, cameras, and cushioned floors."

"Why the cushioned floors?"

"We don't want our participants trying to kill themselves before the arena," I smirked.

Zeke nodded in understanding. "That makes sense. Boss, do you mind if I ask you something?"

I nodded at him to continue.

"No one has really asked you if you are okay after Alex's death and I know how much he meant to you."

I could feel my cheeks heating up. Zeke was the only person I had truly opened up to. Not even Anthony had known my secret and he was my best friend.

"I'm fine…He broke my heart long ago."

"I see…What will become of the girl?"

"I am going to make her life a living hell. I meant what I said about making her my wife. I need someone to take over once I am gone. This job is far too hard to live forever like most healthy people."

"Understandable."

"Go ahead and have a seat, Zeke. I could use the company of someone who hasn't betrayed me."

Zeke walked over to the seat beside me and sat down. It was nice having another friend that I could count on after all of this. Anthony had always been my closest friend. He was so loyal to both Alex and I. Thinking about it always upset me.

"Have you ever had a dream, Boss?"

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Zeke. "What do you mean?"

"Like for me I've always wanted to get a boat and sail around the whole world. I heard that Paris is beautiful and really romantic. I want someone of my own to share the experience."

"If that was your dream then why are you helping me? Now that I think about it I don't believe I ever asked how you got in prison."

He smirked, "No, you never did. I had actually gotten to my dream…I had the perfect girl to share my experience with and built my very own boat. My parents were so proud of me that they were even offering to pay for my whole first trip.

"The night before we were going to leave my girl told me to come down to the boat because she had a surprise for me. I got down to the docks and boy was it a surprise. She was planning on leaving me. However unlike any ordinary girl, she had another man standing beside her with his arm wrapped around her waist.

"If she had just talked to me I would've let her go, but she had even more in store for me. She wanted to steal my boat and run away with her lover. I got upset with her and started yelling which then led to an argument with her boyfriend. He threw the first punch and then it all went too fast. He was soon on the ground with a giant gash on his head and the weapon that made it was in my hand. That's when I ended up in jail. My parents refused to pay for my bail even though they had the money."

I glanced down and nodded. I thought that I had it bad. At least my father still loved me even when we got to prison. He made sure that I was protected and that no one would mess with me after his death. Zeke was just defending himself and got kicked to the curb.

"That was a couple years though. I've gotten over the hurt. I just want to be successful again and prove them all wrong."

"You will get a lot more than just success working for me. You will get out of here and everyone will fear you. When we get big enough even the cops will be on our side. I remember one time we actually had an arena that was just prisoners. It was bad ass."

Zeke laughed, "Maybe in the first arena we can get my old girlfriend to be a part of it."

I paused. That actually wasn't a bad idea. "Why don't we throw her in with the rest of you guys during the first one? Then you can have all the fun you want," I smiled at him.

"You would seriously do that?"

"Why not? It's just another contestant. Give me her information and I will get right on it. You could use some kidnapping practice anyway."

"Sir, I will get right on it!" Zeke stood up then quickly left the room, failing to hide his excitement.

I sighed then looked at the half empty bottle of wine. I was planning to offer Zeke a glass, but he left in such a hurry. Now that I was alone, I couldn't help but wonder if Alex had made it to heaven or if he was rotting with my father in hell.

Alex's POV

"Look, I can handle holding a rag over this myself. I don't need your help." I sat up and pushed Bailey back.

"Trent, just let me see the damn thing!" She pushed me back then lifted my shirt up to my neck.

I stared at her wide-eyed. It wasn't often that she cussed, but when she did it caught me by surprise.

"Where did you get these stitches? Why didn't you say you had them?" She looked at me for an answer.

I stared at her blankly then looked down at my chest. I had completely forgotten that Alyssa had covered up my scar just in case. It looked completely normal.

"Where did you get the stitches," She repeated.

"I am going to go hold a paper towel to this…" I pulled my shirt down then stood up.

"You have to be honest to me. If you're hurt then I have to tell Jack so that you don't-"

"Bailey, I am fine. It's just a scratch. In a couple weeks I will be fine, okay?"

She fell silent then nodded. "There's a first aid kit in the cupboard."

Just as she started walking toward the cupboard a phone started ringing. She pulled a phone from her front pocket then answered it.

"Hello? Yes. Understood. Thank you…" Then quickly shoved it into her pocket as if hiding it from me.

Why did she have a cell phone? That was either Jack saying he saw everything or someone else. But who would that someone else be?

She moved past me then stood up on her tiptoes and opened the cupboard door. I hadn't noticed until now that she was wearing really tight jeans that revealed every curve. I trailed up her legs and to the silky white shirt that partially exposed the black of her bra strap. Then just above her bra was her long curly dark brown hair.

She turned around with the first aid kit in her hands and I quickly looked away. I glanced back at her as soon as I heard her step next to me. The first aid kit was tucked under her and she held a bottle of scotch was in her hand. I knew all too well that she wasn't planning on using the scotch for drinking.

"Go ahead and take your shirt off so that I don't get any of this on it."

I let out a sigh, but did as she said. I tossed my shirt onto the bed then laid down on the tile floor so that she had easy access to the wound. As soon as my skin touched the ground my body tensed.

Bailey smirked. "Cold?"

"You know I wouldn't be if you would hurry the hell up," I glared at her.

She laughed. "Well, I'm sorry for making conversation. You gonna tell me what happened?" She twisted the cap off the scotch then poured a little on the wound.

I clenched my teeth as my whole stomach started burning. Talking was not something I wanted to do. I was thankful when she spoke up.

"I would recommend going back to the doctor because now it will take a little longer for this to heal, but seeing as you don't have that option, I am going to put a bandage over it. You are lucky it is only one stitch."

I nodded then tilted my head up to watch what she was doing. First she placed the first aid kit down beside her then sat down on her knees. She opened the kit then pulled out a square package. After using her teeth to rip it open, she pulled out a white pad then placed it down over the wound on my stomach. Finally, she used the adhesive tape to secure it to my skin.

I sat up when she was finished, but stopped when her hand was on my chest. "Where did you get that scar on your arm?"

I froze. Holy shit. We forgot the scar on my arm. Jack never saw it so we never even thought about hiding it. I looked up at her and saw the want in her eyes. She wanted me to admit that I was Alex.

She stood up then pushed me back on the floor. "Jesus Christ, Alex, I knew it was you!" She tackled me into a hug crying harder than anyone I had ever seen. "The stomach wound looked like the gunshot wound you had when we were in the forest! Then your eyes. I've stared into them every day for twenty years, Alex! I know your eyes. Oh god, why didn't you tell me," she sobbed.

"Bailey…I…" I didn't know what to say. I was relieved that she had found out, but I was also scared that her finding out put her in danger.

"The kids…Have you seen the kids?" She looked up at me with her puffy red eyes.

I shook my head then whispered. "Bailey, we can't talk about this in here. There might be cameras."

"There aren't. That call I just had was from a guy who was working with Jack. He gave me the phone and said that he was here to help. Anyways, over the phone he said that Jack just leaked about not having any cameras here. He wanted me to try and befriend you so that you could tell me if Damien was secretly working against Jack."

"If that's the case…" I lifted her chin up then pulled her into a deep kiss.

She kissed back then pulled away. "Wait, where is your scar?"

"Before we say anything else, let me see your phone."

She nodded then pulled it from her pocket and handed it to me. I recognized it as one of the old flip phones that I used to have. It made me slightly suspicious, but luckily I knew when a phone was tapped. I held down the red button so that it powered down. That was a good sign. If a phone had trouble turning off then that could be a possible reason. I tossed it to side then looked at her.

"I'm going to use it to call Damien in a bit. For now I am going to wait. I want to make sure the phone isn't tapped."

"Why did this have to happen to us, Alex? Our life was so perfect…"

I wrapped my arms around her," I don't know, Bay. But I promise you, Jack will not get out of this alive."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed :D Until next time!