Status: Done.

Paper Flower

Paper Flower

Alex's P.O.V

The last time I had been in any hospital was when I was born. Yet here I am, laying in this God forsaken bed hooked up to machines doing who knows what to me. The reason why I'm in here in the first place is so stupid and almost laughable.

It all started about a month ago. I had started socializing with the wrong crowd thinking that it would do me better and that I would get more friends doing so. Oh boy, how I was wrong about that decision.

These so called "friends" that I had for the last few weeks decided to invite me to a party that one of them was throwing the other day. I had asked my best friend Jack if he wanted to tag along with me, but he declined saying that he "had a bad feeling about those guys". So stubborn. But with me being me, I agreed because it wasn't the first one I had been too. Anyways, these dickheads barely even talked to me when I got there. I didn't even get a simple hello from them! After a while I just walked around the house because everybody else here was way older than me. Long story short I got a drink that just so happen to have some sort of drugs in it.

Luckily for me I had made it home in time before I passed out on my bedroom floor. I had literally just walked into my room. It was really hard to walk up the stairs. My mom heard me fall and a few seconds later walked in to see me laying on the ground. She couldn't get me to wake up so she dialed an ambulance to come and take me to the hospital. That is why I am here now.

After I had woken up from my drug induced slumber, my parents gave me this big lecture about being a responsible young adult and that i shouldn't do stupid things. Like that will work. They also told me what the doctors had done to me. It just went in one ear and out the other until a certain name popped up.

"Honey, did you know that Jack is in the waiting room. He's been wanting to know if he could come back here and talk to you," my mom said with worry still in her eyes. I wonder how long he had been waiting?

"Can you go get him please?," I asked. My mom nodded her head and got up to leave.

While I was waiting for my mom to bring Jack back to the room with her, all that I was thinking about was how he must be thinking that I'm such a dumb ass.

"We'll just be waiting our here Alex. Knock if you need anything," my dad said causing me to look up to see Jack standing next to him. Both of my parents waved then left the room closing the door behind them.

"I don't want to tell I told you so but, I told you so," Jack joked as he came over and sat next me on the old bed. I playfully slapped his arm which resulted in him acting as if I had just shot him in the gut.

"Ya ya ya. I already got the whole be responsible thing from my parents so you're fine," I said with a slight chuckle. He nodded his head in understanding.

Jack and I sat in silence for a few minutes. I'm not sure why we both stopped talking. It wasn't an awkward silence though, no it was a very comfortable silence. I hadn't even noticed it but at some point I had ended up leaning on him. All he did was lean back.

"Ya'know, when I got the call from your parents saying that you were in the hospital I kinda freaked out. I ran straight to my car and got here within 5 minutes from getting the call," he said wrapping an arm around me. That's what I liked about Jack. He wasn't afraid to snuggle with anyone. He would just go ahead and do it whether you liked it or not.

"I know. It was a very bad idea. No worries though, I won't be going to another party for a long time," I replied with a slight chuckle. I was really starting to enjoy this comfort. The only reason I was probably enjoying this so much was because of my crush on Jack. I've liked him for a while and I've always been able to hide it, but it would be much better if he felt the same way about me too.

"Do you hurt or anything?" he asked patting my head. I swatted his hand away.

"I actually have a headache and you made it worse by hitting my head," i said trying to keep a serious face. I ended up laughing anyways.

"So when do you get out of this hell hole anyway," he ask looking over at me. I looked back over at him and just shrugged my shoulders," well you know, I could try to sneak you out of here if you would like."

We were both still retaining eye contact. I honestly hate keeping eye contact with people because it makes me feel like they could over power me or some shit like that. I suddenly became very interested in a string that was still attached to the blanket on my legs.

"I feel like I should of brought you flowers or something. Isn't that what friends do or is that just girls?" He questioned. I started laughing at how lame his question was.

"I guess friends could do that," i said giving him a nudge with my arm. This time he didn't act like i hurt him.

Jack went over to one of the drawers at the desk looking for something. I guess he ended up with what he was looking for because the next second he was folding a pink piece of paper with big smile plastered on his face.

"What are you doing Jack-o?" I asked with a slight grin on my face. He walked back over slowly with what looked like a ball of crumpled paper.

"Well since I didn't bring any flowers I thought that I could try to make one with paper, but as you can see I failed at that," he said with a fake pout on his face.

"I think that it looks fabulous," I chuckled putting in a hand motion with my words. Jack threw the somewhat flower into my lap before coming over and sitting next to me once again.

"Alex I think your gay is showing," he commented with a wink. He locked eyes with me again but this time I refused to look away.

I'm not sure what took over me, but for some reason I started to move my face closer to Jack's. He didn't move back or anything so I just kept moving in. I was only a few inches away from his face now and I could feel his breath hitting my lips. I kept glancing down at his own lips silently asking permission if I could continue moving forward. To my surprise Jack gave me a small nod in return.

"I guess my gay is really going to show now," I said softly, looking at his eyes one last time to see that he was rolling them. I mentally prepared myself for this before the gap and pressing my lips against his.

It was like all I had ever imagined. The way his lips were different from anybody else that I had every kissed. They were soft like a girls lips, but so much better.

He was pushing back with equal amount of pressure now. I decided to kick it up a notch and actually start moving my mouth. There was no hesitation from him as our lips started to move in sync. At that point I declared that kissing Jack was probably my favorite thing in the world to do now.

We stayed doing that for a few minutes enjoying this moment. Nothing to rough but also not to gentile. But will all great things they must come to an end. I pulled away from his lips still leaving my face close to his.

"We could always continue this later when you home?" He asked kinda out of breathe. His checks were still flushed bright red from the ordeal we just had.

"I don't think that would be a bad idea at all," I said giving him one last peck on the lips. After pulling away I focused my attention on the paper flower.

"Don't get offended or anything but this flower is really shitty. Like a first grader could do better than you did," I said holding up the paper,"but I like it anyways."
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think??/ Good? Bad? Shitty?