Status: Completed

Taste of Adventure

Unwanted & Unwelcomed

I pull my arrow back, aiming it at my unsuspecting target before me. Resting the feathered tip against my chin, I pause for a moment before releasing. The troll screams out in agony, my intention is to harm the troll and make it focus on me. Unfortunately, killing it it would require more than one arrow.

"She shot me!" The troll cries out to the other two trolls.

Now I have an audience, both trolls and the dwarfs before me. They all mirror the same expression, disbelief. The little hobbit next to me, nods and complaints, "Nice shot."

I quickly push the hobbit, Bilbo, whom I meet only moments before, out of the way of the flying weapon. I swiftly dodge the troll's large wooden weapon as he attempts to squash kill me. I quickly fire another arrow at him, hitting him in the eye. His screams of agony filling my ears, as he steps back onto fire.

"Gwen, watch out," Bilbo cries out, informing me of the other troll making his move.

I ready myself for the two other trolls, I grab an arrow and a smirk forms on my lips as the sun raises. I watch as the sun light dances on the troll’s skin, causing the nocturnal trolls to turn into stone before my eyes. I put my arrow back as Bilbo quickly aids the dwarves who'd been captured by the hungry trolls.

"Lady Gwen, that was quiet an entrance," a deep voice exclaims behind me.

Watching the dwarves get to their feet, I reply, "I thought you would have liked it, Gandalf."

Chuckling at my comment, he stands to my left. I look over at him, smiling at his appearance. He looks similar to when I first meant him, although he has aged in the process. My father admired Gandalf, I haven grown up listening to tales of the great Gandalf, the grey.

"Who is she?" demands the dwarf dressed in blue armor, he has long black hair and a fur coat draped around his shoulders.

"Thorin, this is Lady Gwen-," Gandalf begins to introduce me, however Thorin interrupts.

"She is an elf,” he snarls, venom laced with his voice.

"I'm half elf, I am also the one who just saved your life," I snarl back at him in defence. I sigh heavily, I am unimpressed with the way he is looking at me, which such hatred.

Stepping forward and holding his head high in arrogance, he snarls ungrateful, "We did not ask for your help."

"Although I did," Gandalf informs Thorin.

I lick my lips as I watch the Thorin’s reaction to Gandalf revealing the true reason why I am currently in the Trollshaws. His nostril flares in anger, his eyes narrowing on Gandalf and myself. I am seriously contemplating on taking my leave and not getting involved, however, Gandalf warned me this would be the reaction and I also trust his reasons.

I look over the dwarves, taking each of them in one by one. I stop on a young dwarf standing to my left, his blue eyes looking straight back at mine. I look him up and down, his long curly hair flowing down below his shoulders and a bow at his side. I could not deny the attraction I feel towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a re-write :-)