Status: Completed

Taste of Adventure

First Born Son

I wince in pain as Kili helps me to readjust, I lean against him and snuggle into him. He wraps his arm around me and places a kiss on my forehead. I cannot wipe the smile off my face, even though my body feels heavy and still dealing with the repercussions of healing Thorin earlier.

“Thank you,” Kili pipes out softly.

With my eyes closed, I mumble back, “For what my love?”

“Saving Thorin’s life. Gandalf explained to us that your actions could’ve killed you,” he exclaims.

With sleep beginning to take over me, I mumble sleepily, “Like I told him, I would have done it for any of you. You’re all family to me. You on the other hand.” I pause for a moment, before I completely open up, “You’re my other half.”

Lifting my chin up and causing me to open up my eyes, I look into his warm eyes and feel my heart skip a beat. He caress my cheek with his thumb as a smile dances on his lips.

“I know you are my other half Gwen. After this, I will marry you,” he tells me passionately.

I cannot find any words to express how happy I am to hear those words leave his lips. The images of our children fill my mind, to me, that is my version of heaven.

“Welcome to the family then Gwen!” Fili cheerfully interrupts, not only ruining the moment between Kili and I but also causing me to jump.

Jumping down next to us with a large grin on his face, Fili teases, “You will name your first born son after me, correct?”

I roll my eyes playful at Fili’s comment as a small laugh escapes my lips. A loud laugh erupts from Kili, which cause his chest to vibrate. My eyes begin to become heavier, I am struggling to keep them open as Kili and Fili continue teasing one another.

I smile to myself, as I allow sleep to take over. I would not be anywhere else but doing this with these dwarves. I have only just got a taste of adventure, there is still so much more to come. We will all work together and achieve the goal of reclaiming Erebor, The Lonely Mountain.
♠ ♠ ♠
I will add an epilogue after this, just to end it with a pretty bow :)