Status: Completed

Taste of Adventure

Epilogue

A scream of agony escapes my lips as I am thrown roughly against the rock, my body collides with the ground. I look around at the scene around me, everything becoming slow motion. I look down from the tower to see the large battle down below us, a mixture of dwarves, elven and human soldiers all fighting against the orcs. I see Thorin fighting to my right, dressed in his amor and to my left, I can see Fili’s lifeless body.

I gulp as I look in front of me, the LARGE ORC before me. His pale skin like his father’s, Thorin’s enemy, Azog, the pale orc. My heart rate increases as he locks onto me, I do not need to be able to read his mind, to know what he is about to do.

He is four times my size, therefore increasing his advantage over me. The metal embed in his body makes him more intimidating. He smirks, seeing the fear on my face. I force myself to stand my feet, if I am to die now, then I will die with honour.

“Pathetic,” he taunts, his deep voice sending shivers down my spine.

I shaky grab my sword and hold in front of me, ready to fight him again. His smirk grows in amusement, we both know I am no match to him. In one swift movement he knocks the sword from my weak and trembling hands, still recovering from being thrown around like a rag doll.

He picks me up by my throat, I gasp desperately for air as my nails dig into his skin, in an attempt to make him release his death grip. He laughs loudly, enjoying my suffering. Suddenly, Kili throws himself off the ridge above us, landing on the orc’s back.

However, he too is no match for this creature's strength. I am dropped to the ground as Kill is thrown from the orc’s back onto the concrete steps. I crawl back a few feet from the orc, creating distance between us.

I begin to panic, I desperately look around me. I spot my bow and arrow a few feet in front of me. I look up at the orc who is fixated on Kili. Adrenaline pumps through my veins knowing I only have one chance, if I miss or do not get to my bowed arrow in time, then Kili will be killed.

Kili gets onto his feet and fights with the orc, the sound of their swords clashing rings in my ears. I quickly run to my bow first which is closer and then make a go for my arrow. I quickly ready myself, holding the feathers of the arrow against my chin and aim for the orc’s face, knowing I have only one shot.

The orc hits Kili in the face with his large steel staff, he holds Kili by his shirt and holds his staff up, ready to stab Kili’s heart. Taking a deep breathe, I steady myself as my heart pounds violently against my ribcage.

“Oi, vile creature!” I yell, my words echoing through the caves in the tower.

The orc snarls before looking directly at me, I only allow a millisecond to respond. I release the arrow, praying with every fibre of my body I wound him enough to get Kili out of there. This time it is the orc’s turn to yell out in agony, as the arrow penetrates through his right eye.

“Kili, now!” I yell, knowing we need to take this chance and end it.

Picking up his sword, Kili uses the distraught orc to his advantage. His stabs the orc in the stomach and drags it across, causing the orc to drop down on one knee. Another cry comes from the orc. I run to my sword and pick it up in a great hast. I drive the sword with all my strength through the orcs skull, which is now only just at my height as he is hunched over.

The orc falls to the ground, the impact causes the ground to shake below my feet. I collapse onto my hands and knees, breathing heavily. I look up to find Kili has made his way before me.

Grabbing my face in both his hands, he plants a rough kiss on my lips, knowing we could have lost one another merely moments before. Resting my forehead on his, I whisper through heavy breathes, “I love you.”

“I will always love you,” Kili replies through heavy pants.

Image

I grab ahold of Kili’s hand as all the dwarves stand around Thorin’s pale body. I look below at all the bodies spread over the field. We have won this battle, with the assistance of Radagast, the Great Eagles, Beorn, whom morphed into his bear form. With their help and all the dwarves, elven and humans, the remaining orcs were destroyed.

Tears roll down my cheeks, the reality hitting home that Fili and Thorin have lost their lives in this battle. I squeeze ahold of Kili’s hand tightly, not beginning to understand how much pain he must be in; losing both his uncle and brother.

All the dwarves knee before their king, mourning his death. I take a deep breath as a sob leaves my lips, my emotions becoming the best of me. I drop to my knees, which I am immediately taken into Kili’s arms. At least I have him, I went through all of this and will get to walk away with Kili at my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could not allow him to die in battle!
Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did writing it :)

Image