Status: Completed

Taste of Adventure

Elfstone

I watch as the group enters the troll's cave, in which they retreat to when the sun is shining on the world. Upon entering they find elven swords along with a small treasure trove. I watch as Gandalf hands Bilbo a small sword.

"What does this say?" Bilbo asks out loud curiously.

Gandalf smiles at me as I walk over to Bilbo, I run my fingers over the beautifully scripted elven words. I read to him softly, "It says Sting. A sword from memory that will glow when orcs or goblins are around."

Nodding his head, Gandalf confirms with a wink, "That's correct Lady Gwen."

"You can read elf?" Bilbo questions me, fascinated.

"That and dwarf. My parents believed it was important for all of us to know both our backgrounds from each side," I confess to Bilbo.

"That's simply remarkable," Bilbo exclaims enthusiastic, "Would you be able to teach me?"

Smiling at him, I agree, "Believe I can do that, when this is all over I've have you speaking elven."

"Gwen," Kili calls out, wanting my attention.

Looking at him, I see a beautiful necklace in his hands. "Oh my, that is beautiful," I whisper.

"I want you to have it," he whispers to me, as he gently places it in my hands, as if being too rough will break it.

I run my fingers over the silver neckless, adoring the apricot coloured flower in the middle. A smile plays on my lips, watching the flower shimmer in the daylight. I look at Kili, he eyes are locked on me, watching my reaction to his gift.

"Would you mind?" I ask, indicating for him to place it around me neck.

He happily accepts, I lift my hair as he connects the delicate silver chain around my neck. I can feel his breath on my neck, causing goose bumps. His hands rest on my shoulders, while my fingers play with the gem.

"Do you know what this is?" I whisper, closing my eyes, enjoying him being to close to me.

"No," he whispers in my ear, I shiver as his breath tickles my ear.

I continue to close my eyes, whispering to Kili, "After an Elven marriage, the bride's mother will present the groom with an elfstone; a jewel to wear, to represent his commitment and love towards his bride. A symbol to show his heart is taken for all of eternity."

"That's a beautiful tradition," Kili mumbles, his finger running over the chain, also running over my pale skin.

Turning to face him, I inform him, "My father give one to my mother, it was gold with a turquosie gem on the wings of a large eagle. Their love wasn't traditional, hence why my mother wore the neckless."

Kili blushes, he looks like he is about to say something however Fili approaches and exclaims impressed, "Wow, that is a beautiful neckless."

Blushing, I inform him, "Yeah it is, Kili found it for me."

Looking at his brother smirking, he teases, "Did he just.”