Status: Completed

Taste of Adventure

Hunted

"Orc pack?” Bilbo and I repeat in unison.

Stepping towards Throin, Gandalf demands to know, "Who did you tell of your quest, beyond your kin?"

"No one," Thorin answers.

"Who did you tell?" Gandalf demands, raising his voice at Thorin.

Standing his ground, Thorin replies sternly, "No one, I swear."

"What is going on?" I ask confused, wondering why Gandalf is not appearing to believe Thorin.

"You're being hunted," Gandalf informs us, causing my heart to drop.

"We have to get out of here," Dwalin states, voicing all our thoughts.

However our plans are destroyed when Ori pipes, “The ponies have bolted.”

I gulp as our only means of escape will be by foot. There is be no way we can out run Wargs. Fear begins to set in, mixed with adrenaline pumping through out my body. My palms begin to sweat as I bite my lip nervously.

"I'll draw them off," Radagast offers.

"These are wargs, they will out run you," Gandalf exclaims.

Stepping towards Gandalf, Radagast states proudly, "These are rhosgobel rabbits, I'd like to see them try!"

With great speed, Radagast dashes away on his sled pulled by rabbits. Our plan is working, the Orcs follow Radagast whilst we escape. We all rush over the large landscape, hiding between large boulders and keeping an watchful eye out for the orcs.

I smirk to myself as I hear Radagast taunt the orcs, "Come and get me!"

While dodging the orcs, I hear Thorin ask Gandalf, "Where are you leading us?"

However Gandalf does not reply, instead runs a long side me. He sends me a look of worry, but I wonder if it is because of the orcs or whether it has to do where he is leading us. I briefly remember this area having an elf's boarder.

We stop behind a large boulder as Radagast rides near us, close enough that a Warg scout and it's orc rider catch our scent. Thorin looks towards Kili, giving him the silent order to take them down. Drawing a bow, he silently steps away from the rock to shoot at the warg, hitting it directly in the face. However the shoot does not kill so I step out and fire a second arrow, hitting the creature between the eyes, killing it. The warg rolls down the boulder with it's rider on top. Once on the ground, the orc jumps up and draws it sword.

The dwarves take down the orc, attacking it with their swords and axes. Looking at Gandalf I whisper to him, "They will hear us."

"That they have, move!" Gandalf calls out, as the orc change their direction towards us.

Again, we make a dash for our lives wanting to out run the orcs. We follow Gandalf, the howls of warg's filling our ears. My heart is pounding in my chest, I can hear them clear as day however with all the hills and boulders we are unable to actually see them.

"There they are!" calls out Bifur, pointing in the direction.

"Quickly," Gandalf instructs, hurrying us along.

"Come on, Gwen," Kili begs me.

Grabbing my hand, he pulls me along with him. I did not know it was possible but as the wargs begin to herd us, more fear sets in. I can safely say, I have never been this scared before in my life. Kili and I begin firing arrows, hitting the a few orcs. Attempting to reduce the numbers of them.

"Where's Gandalf?" Thorin shouts.

"He's abandoned us," Gloin replies as we all brace for battle, preparing yourselves for hell.

Suddenly, we hear Gandalf's voice call out, "This way you fools!"

Without blinking, we instantly run to Gandalf, who has found a enormous crack which forms into a large hole. We slide down the crack to the bottom, one after another while Thorin stands at the top to protect us.

Looking around, I ask Fili worried, "Where's Kili?"

Panic washes over his face as both him and I look frantically around the the hole. I bite down on my lip nervously. Then, just like he heard his name, Kili slides down the rock towards us. He sends a wink my way as he stands up.

Horns hit my ears, not just any horns but elven horns. So I was right about Gandalf, I know this is not going to go down well with Thorin.