Status: Completed

Taste of Adventure

Goblin Cleaver

We all crowd around in the cave Thorin found, taking shelter from the storm outside and the stone giants. We are all drenched to the bone, we decide we will rest here tonight and get our strength back. Everyone picks a spot on the floor and a roster is organised for each of us to take turns, keeping an eye out.

I lean against the wall, dropping my arrows and bow next next to me before I slide down the wall. I lean my head against the cold and hard rock, closing me eyes and taking a deep breathe. I listen as there other make themselves comfortable, all exhausted.

“This spot taken?” A husky voice asks me.

Smiling with my eyes close, knowing who the voice belongs to, I reply softly, “It is all yours.”

I lean my head on his shoulder, to which he leans his head on mine. No words are exchange, there is a comfortable silence between us. I try to let myself drift off onto a slumber, however I struggle to get comfortable.

“Are you ok Gwen?” Kill whispers softly, with a small chuckle.

Sighing softly, I mumble, “I cannot get comfortable.”

“Well, shall we change that?” he asks, amused by my frustration.

I open my eyes and sit up, tilting my head to the side with a raise eyebrow I query, “How do you suppose we do that on rock hm?”

Shaking his head, he teases me back, “Such little faith, my lady.”

I cannot help but smile at his remark. He readjusts himself, laying on his back on the hard ground. He nods down to his side, indicating for me to cuddle into him. I quickly look at Thorin to make sure he is not watching us, when I see his eyes are closed and soft breathing, I snuggle down into Kili.

“Is that better?” Kill mumbles into my hair as I snuggle into his body, his jacket used as a pillow to rest my head on.

I snuggle closer into him, mumbling as sleep takes over me, “It is prefect my love.”

I know I must be tired as I do not react to my comment, nor does Kili. Instead we allow ourselves to enjoy this moment, enjoy one another’s company.

Then suddenly, we are ripped out of our dreams as the floor opens up and we fall into the darkness beneath us. I scream escapes my lips as I slide down the rock, Kili not too far behind me.

“Gwen!” Kill cries out as he tries to reach out for me. All of us are thrown around like rag dolls through a long tunnel. Our little journey comes to an end as we land on top of each other, on make shift pathway.

I scream again as hundreds of screaming goblins run at us. Realisation sets in that we have fallen into the goblin's den. We are roughly push and shoved by the goblins, forcing us to walk. They continue to roughly shove us in the direction they want us to go. They lead us through their tunnels, over their wooden bridges.

I panic further seeing the drop, it is so deep there is only darkness below. The only light guiding us through these caves, is the fire torches spread a metre part on each side of the walk ways. It smells like death down here, there is no light, only darkness. My heart is going into overdrive, I would not be surprise if I go into cardiac arrest right now.

My eyes widen as we enter what appears to be the heart of the cave, there are thousands of goblins. We are heavily out numbered. Everywhere I look in this cave, there are goblins on their make shift walking paths and attached to the cave walls. One of the goblins next to us, reaches out to touch me while licking his lips hungrily. I can now safely say, I am awake after falling through the rock were we seeked shelter in merely moments ago.

In the middle of the the cave, is a over weight goblin, ten times larger than the normal global. A crown made of bone placed on his head and a large wooden staff with an animal skull on top, in his hands. All our weapons are thrown on the floor before this disgusting creature.

Standing from his throne, he snarls, “Who would be so bold to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?”

“Dwarves, your maleficent,“ informs one of the goblins.

“Dwarves?” the king repeats back in shock.

Nodding his head, the goblin continues to tell his king, “We found them on the front porch.”

“What are you doing in these parts?” the goblin king demands to know, however he is only meet with silence. “Speak!” he demands.

Annoyed, the goblin turns to his goblins and chants loudly, “Very well, if they will not talk. We’ll make them squark. Bring out the bone breaker! Start with the female!”

I step closer to Kili, my eyes darting around in fear and a mixture of disgust. Kili immediately pulls me behind him and in front of Fili, in a protective manner. Instinctively, I grab a hold of one of his hand with both on mine. He squeezes my hand gently, attempting to reassure me further.

“Wait!” Thorin speaks up as he steps forward, only to be mocked by the large and vile goblin king.

“Well well well, look who it is. Thorin, the king of the mountain,” the goblin mocks, bowing before Thorin. “Oh but I’m forgetting you don’t have a mountain and not a king! Which makes you, no body really.”

Thorin does not reply to the goblin king’s remark. Smirking, the vile king taunts further, "I know someone, who would pay a pretty price for your head, just your head, nothing attached.”

The goblin continues to inform Thorin, his enemy, a pale orc whom rides a white warg, believed to have killed in battle, many moons ago is still walking among us. Thorn argues, informing the king the orc was destroyed.

Gloating, the king demands to one of his goblins to inform the white orc he has captured Thorin. The goblins continue to go through our weapons, when one sword is inspected, the goblin panics.

Fear washes over his body like a tsunami, claiming the sword is names the “Globin Cleaver.” He demands us all to be killed at once, as the goblins start attack us there is a sudden burst of white, bright light and everyone is stunned.

I cannot explain how happy I am to see Gandalf appear and urges us to all run. We gather our swords and my bow. We rush down the rickety wooden walkways that lead through the goblin’s cavern.

I cannot begin to describe the sounds coming from each goblin as they chase us, there numbers continuing to grow. We dash through the pathways, fighting our way through the goblins. Adrenaline is pumping through my veins, I use my sword, killing as many goblins as I can.