Status: Completed

Taste of Adventure

Needles

With so many wargs crawling and putting their weight on one tree, it causes the roots to become unearthed and a domino effect forms, all the trees are knocked over. All of us managed to jump from each tree to the final tree standing on the edge of the cliff.

Using his magic, Gandalf begins setting pinecones a light and throws them done at the wargs, scaring them off. They retreat away from the fire in fear, noticing this Gandalf drops a few down to each of us, allowing us to light more pinecones to throw.

Fire begins to engulf the fallen trees, scaring the wargs to run away with their tails between their legs. We all cheer in victory as the white orc groans loudly in annoyance. However, our victory is short lived, everyone’s weight combined is too much for the tree as it causes the tree’s roots to loose grip.

“The tree is going to give,” I mumble under my breathe.

The tree follows over the edge, only just attached to the ground. We all cling to the branches, dangling from a great height. I gulp as I look down, it is easily over hundreds of metres to the ground.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place, we can either fall to our deaths or we will need to fight the warns and their orc riders. We are greatly out numbered and not to mention, we have not slept for a few days and our tanks are running on empty.

“Mr Gandalf!” Dori begs desperately, as he loses his grip, falling.

Gandalf instantly reacts and reaches out with his staff, giving them something to cling to. The cold harsh wind is stinging my face, my eyes water from the ruthless wind.

I watch completely in disbelief as Thorin makes his way to the white orc, preparing for a battle. He climbs off the tree and staunchly walks towards the white orc, his chest puffed out and his head held high.

I cannot look away and I wince as the white orc knocks Thorin down, using the warg to do the damage. The warg picks Thorin up in his mouth, biting down on the small dwarves body.

I pull myself up from the branch and manage to steady myself. I watch as Bilbo runs at the other orc whom is going to cut off Thorin’s head. Bilbo tackles the orc down and kills him. I quickly fire an arrow, killing the orc’s warg who is behind Bilbo, killing it also.

The a few of the dwarves, including Kili, managed to pull themselves up also, before running to defend their king. I continue shooting arrows, killing wargs and their riders. I freeze as I hear a large crack beneath me. My change of weight has upset the branch, causing it to snap beneath me. I scream as I feel myself fall.

Kill immediately turns to my direction, we lock eyes for a moment before he cries out. The cold air stings like needles penetrating my skin as I fall. I can hear Kili desperately call out my name as my hair wildly flies around my face.

“So this is it,” I think to myself, “This is how I will die.”