Love Happens All the Time

Hate To See Your Heart Break

There is not a single word in the whole world
That could describe the hurt
The dullest knife just sawing back and forth
And ripping through the softest skin there ever was


My mouth hung open in shock as I looked at the boy standing outside my door. He was shivering due to the fact it was raining hard and the weather was bitter cold. I really couldn't understand what he was doing at my house at nearly two in the morning, and it looked as if he'd been crying. His eyes were bloodshot and sobs escaped his beautiful lips.

Once I realized he could be in the warmth of my home, I held the door open wider and he walked in, hugging himself. He looked so hurt, I've never seen him like this before.

How were you to know?
Oh, how were you to know?


The boy was Andy Biersack, not only my best friend but the guy I fell in love with. He's beautiful and he is the greatest person I've come to know. I loved him with everything I had in me.

Although he would never be with me because I'm a 'manwhore' and he probably wouldn't trust me. I only sleep around so I could help myself get over Andy, but it never works.

I hurried to grab his Batman blanket I had in my room and wrapped it around him. Despite how old we are, we still have sleepovers occasionally so I have some of his stuff laying around in my house.

Wrapping my arms around the shaking boy, I let him settle down for a few minutes so I could figure out what was wrong.

And I, I hate to see your heart break
I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close
But I've been there before


"Andy honey, what's wrong?" I asked sweetly, running my hands through his long black hair as I did so.

"S-Scout cheated on me," he cried out.

I nearly growled at his words. How could anybody do something like this to him? It almost seems unfair that he was cheated on but if he had been with me, I'd show him what it feels like to be loved.

"It-it hurts so bad, Ashley," he whimpered.

Truth be told, I knew the feeling of being hurt. Wanting someone that you couldn't have, it hurt me everyday to watch Andy love someone else. It might be selfish of me to have thought this but I wanted him all to myself.

I wanted to hold him every night so I knew he would be safe, I wanted to create new memories with him so his old demons would go away, I wanted to be the person he loved.

And I, I hate to see your heart break
I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close
But I've been there before


He pulled away from me and I wiped the tears off his face with my thumbs. He had then yawned, crying like that must have worn him out.

"You tired?" I questioned.

He nodded before I lifted him off his feet, carrying him bridal style up into my bedroom. Wrapping his arms around my neck, he nuzzled his face against my chest. Once I got in my room, I sat down on my bed with him on my lap.

"She didn't deserve your love," I muttered.

Andy sniffed. "I-I can't believe she would do that to me. She was m-my first love."

"I've been cheated on before," I said as I stroked his cheek. "It's not the best feeling in the world, but you know what would help?"

"What?" he asked.

"This."

Love happens all the time
To people who aren't kind
And heroes who are blind


I reached over to grab the tv remote on my nightstand and clicked the television on. Before he came over, I was watching one of his favorite Batman films and I knew how much it would lighten his mood. I saw his lips stretch up into a smile as he watched the movie.

About halfway through it, I couldn't stop admiring his beauty. Despite his red swollen eyes, he still looked beautiful. He always looked gorgeous and his personality made him even more attractive.

"Ashley," he said just above a whisper.

"Yeah honey?" I asked.

Expecting perfect scripted movie scenes
Who wants an awkward silent mystery?
How were you to know?
Well, how were you to know-oh-oh?


He shifted a little in my lap so I had his full attention. "Do you think she cheated on me because I'm not good enough?"

"Trust me Andy," I said as I tucked a loose hair behind his ear. "You are way too fucking good for her. You deserve the best."

A light blush appeared on his cheeks as his eyes trailed down to my chest. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Everything," he smiled and looked me in the eyes.

I don't know what came over me, but I cupped his face in my hand and brought him closer to me, crushing our lips together. I didn't want the moment to end as I felt sparks from the kiss; his lips felt amazing on mine.

He pulled away with a shocked look on his face which left me confused. After a moment, he bit his lip and looked elsewhere, almost as if he was regretting what happened.

And I, I hate to see your heart break
I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close
But I've been there before


"Look, I know this isn't the right time to tell you, but-"

"Don't do this to me," he said as he shook his head, covering his face with his hands.

I sighed. "Just listen, please."

"I'm listening," he mumbled against his palms.

"Andy, I'm in love with you. I have been ever since we became friends and it kills me everyday to know you're not mine. And to find out that the slut cheated on you pisses me off. If you were with me, I'd treat you with the respect and love you deserve. I want to be the one that keeps you from the dark and holds you at night, telling you how beautiful you are, inside and out."

He took his hands off his face and his blue eyes looked into my brown ones.

"You... you mean that?" he asked.

"Every word."

And I, I hate to see your heart break
I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close
But I've been there before


"That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me," he admitted.

I smiled slightly. "It's the truth."

Andy grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers together and smiled widely. I grinned at his actions before I laid him down next to me, bringing him close to me so his head was resting on my chest.

"Ashley," he muttered.

"Yeah?"

He looked up at me as a blush spread across his cheeks. "I want you to kiss me again."

I smirked before my hand went to the back of his head, pushing him closer to me so I could press my lips against his. I put as much passion as I could into the kiss, it was my way of expressing my feelings to him. Although unlike last time, he was actually kissing me back.

When I pulled away, I couldn't help but smile at the boy, in which he returned as he beamed at me.

"If we ever date, would you cheat on me?"

For all the air that's in your lungs
For all the joy that is to come
For all the things that you're alive to feel
Just let the pain remind you hearts can heal


"No baby," I said as I ran my hand through his hair. "I could never do such a thing to you."

"Promise?" he looked up at me with the most adorable face.

"I promise," I smiled. "The only reason why I slept around is to forget about you, because I figured you would never give me a chance."

"Ash," he whined. "Why didn't you tell me any of this before? I would've broken up with her if I knew."

"I felt as if you'd push me away, and that would have ruined our amazing friendship," I admitted.

"Do you still feel that way?' he asked.

I shook my head. "No, not at all. With that being said, I have something to ask you."

"What's that?"

Oh, how were you to know?
Oh, how were you to know?


I smiled, letting all my worries go away. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

Looking down at him, I saw the grin spread across his face before he rolled over so that he was hovered over me. Our eyes met together and I took the opportunity to kiss him again. I moved my hands to his lower back to rub the area lovingly, making him lightly moan against my lips.

He breathlessly pulled away from the kiss and beamed at me.

And I, I hate to see your heart break
I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close
But I've been there before


"Yes, I would love to."

And I, I hate to see your heart break
I hate to see your eyes get darker as they close
But I've been there before
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics used: Hate To See Your Heart Break by Paramore