‹ Prequel: Lily
Sequel: Lust
Status: Drabble/Complete/Finished

Voice

Immortal Voice

Image

Watch the stars, turn you to nothing.
Now blush and smile as they whisk you away.
Part your lips a bit more, I'll swallow your fear. I will show you how.
All the bite marks impress… a need to be here, a need to see.


I still remember how you closed your eyes when you sang that part. Your mind drifted away from reality and you were so into it that my eyes couldn’t leave your singing face. You must have felt before…what it was like when you felt like nothing. Your emotions always showed clearly on your face, making me want you more.

City lights, like rain, dance and explode. Fall upon debutantes.
Reeling from nights that kiss and control, all of our, broken hearts.


The way you touched the microphone as your long, blonde hair danced around your slender waist made my heart dance along with your slowly dancing figure. You seemed like you would break if I tried to touch you with my fingertips. You were so fragile in my eyes that I was only able to stare to you, afraid to even speak to you when I finally had the chance.

Velvet burns, the wrists while restraining…
You blushed and smiled, and said you would stay.
One more time seal my breath, I'll feed you the sky. I will show you how.
Steal the glamour from death, and before you die… Oh, you should see.


I wished I could hold you in my arms and take away the pain and sadness your cat-like, dark brown eyes held, as you slowly opened them and looked towards the crowd. Everyone was staring at you, just like I did. Your voice was so mesmerizing and you looked like an angel in this god forsaken place; an old café-bar in the middle of nowhere.

City lights, like rain, dance and explode. Fall upon debutantes.
Reeling from nights that kiss and control, all of our, broken hearts.
Hearrrrrrtssss. Ourrrrr heartssss.


You pushed a few strands of hair behind your right ear as you closed your eyes yet again and moved your head like the snakes do when they are face to face with a human. You seemed to be enjoying yourself more than ever before. I should have known better. This must have been your favorite song. I wished I could tell you one small secret…It was my favorite song as well. It became my favorite song when the lyrics first left your slightly pink lips.

"We all want to die like movie stars" you said as you jumped from the height of our cutting room floor.
While above us glowing, exploding, our dreams burst forth in light in death. Hold me and tell me, "We'll burn like stars. We'll burn as we fall. Watch as the city lights DANCE FOR US!"


I could have sworn I saw tears running down your eyes, but when I blinked, no tears could be seen. Was I imagining things? Maybe I was. Or was I the one crying? No. I didn’t think so. Those were the tears of your soul…screaming, bleeding and then breaking. I should have known that you were going to die by your own hands. I should have known since I’ve been watching you every single day for the last three years. I should have tried being by your side and saving you from your misery, instead of being a coward and doing nothing. I should have tried.

City lights, like rain, dance and explode. Fall upon the pain of our lives.
Reeling from nights that kiss and control, fall apart, the pain of our lives has pain.
Dance and explode. City lights like rain, city lights sowcress me.
Kiss and Control! All of our, broken hearts.


I wished the rain could have washed the pain from your broken heart. I wished I could have died instead of you, but would you have accepted trading places with me, Nana? You wouldn’t have. You wanted so much to die that the last time you sang, I swear I heard your heart breaking to million pieces.

I guess this life wasn’t enough for you. You just wanted to fly away from this hell we call life. And you know what? Now, I find myself wanting the same thing, so I think I will follow you…I will follow you and then we can sing together, Kiss and Control.
♠ ♠ ♠
All the paragraphs written in italics were the voice of the woman who sang the song in jazz.

I hope you liked this drabble of mine. Don't forget to comment and rec it if you liked it. If you want to subscribe to it. The sequel will be a new story of the same collection.

Also, I will let you on a little secret. Truth be told, I cried while writing it. ::facepalm: Has anyone of you ever cried while writing their own chapter? That was a first for me.

Till later,
~Marian.