Sequel: From Thief to Agent
Status: Just popped out of me head! Will be updating when I find the time!

The Adventure of a Thief

So Cold It Burns

"Wait, you have a daughter?" I asked, still looking at the pale girl and the huge thing behind her.

The girl turned toward me, and when she registered who I was, her pale eyes burned with rage, her small nose wrinkling in disgust. "Who is this disgusting human?"

"Hela, this is my friend, Molly," Loki said stepping in between her and me.

I wasn't looking at her anymore, I was too busy focusing on the form behind her. It looked like a figure made out of ice, but it wasn't just ice. It was some creature I have never seen before. It had claws. I was starting to panic. It was getting colder. My gaze moved up to its face. A face made out of hard crystal, but two black holes where its eyes should be. It held my gaze. I couldn't think coherently. I was dumbfounded. I was panicking. And it was getting colder.

Loki tried to shove me further back into the house, but my feet wouldn't cooperate. It was getting colder. I imagined my limbs getting stiffer, my breath turning into pure crystal.

"What are you doing to her?" I heard Loki's voice far outside my head.

"Why do you care? I'm just giving her what she deserves, father."

A hand grabbed my wrist, it was Loki's. The small touch brought me back into reality. I slowly blinked. A fire burnt inside my head as rage took over. Before I fully thought out the consequences, I said "What do I deserve, you little bitch."

"What did you say to me?" the young girl screeched. The thing behind her screamed. Loki pushed me further inside, and I turned and ran.

Heavy footsteps followed me behind me. It screeched a high pitched wail that pierced through my skull as it gained upon me. Cold air burst through my lungs, making it harder and harder to breath. My limbs got stiffer as the temperature dropped. This thing wasn't anything from Earth.

I felt an icy claw grab the collar of my shirt. I screamed as it turned me around and pinned me to the wall. To my horror, I saw that I only had ran a few feet into the kitchen. It was getting colder. The icy claw was on my neck. It wasn't strangulating me. It didn't have to.

The freezing air made it harder and harder to breath. My skin that was beneath the claw was burning from the intense cold. The thing was forcing me to look upon its face. It had eyes within the black pits. Pale blue eyes that were almost white.

I wanted to scream but it froze in my throat. The thing was still screeching.

"Molly! Hela you need to quit this!" I heard Loki over the sound of its screeching.

"Molly, fight it," said a voice inside my head. I saw myself burn a hole in my carpet unintentionally. I heard Dr. Roberts praise when I set a candle ablaze from a few inches away. Loki's smug voice asking if I could see what him and I could do together as a small bonfire was set.

I felt my palm get hotter, so hot I couldn't bare it. It took all my strength to put my palm on its torso. It screamed harder as it felt itself melt where I placed my hand. The screaming then intensified, its grip on my neck loosened. I turned my face away and gritted my teeth as I continued to burn it. The screaming got louder, and from somewhere a loud cracking started.

All of a sudden I heard a huge explosion, the screaming subsided. I fell to the ground, but soon felt pain throughout my body as it was hit by sharp shards of ice. My arms reflexively covered my torso, but I could taste blood in my mouth. My neck still burnt.

"Hela, don't. Do not hurt her." Loki was saying in the doorway. "She isn't like most humans."

"She destroyed him," Hela said, "She must die."

"I will go home with you if you do not lay a hand on this human."

Hela was silent. I risked a glance. Loki was standing with his back towards me, facing his evil daughter. She was looking up at her father with a hard gaze, but she finally nodded. She turned to go.

"I will be there in a bit," Loki promised her.

Loki knelt down next to me, "They will come soon, to take you away. They will help you. I need to go with her."

I could only nod. I was tired, and everything hurt.

"I want to stay with you, my love, but I cannot. I will give you the next best thing," he pulled out a silver ring, and slipped it onto my right forefinger. "This has some of my power in it. Take good care of it. I put an enchantment on this ring so it won't leave your hand."

I felt a little bit of strength after he slipped it on, so I swallowed and said, "We could do a lot together."

"I know," he started to rise, but as he did so, he bent to kiss me on the forehead. As he pulled back, I could see the pink from my blood on his lip. I shuddered imagining what I actually looked like, and how much damage my body did encounter.

And he left. Just like that. I passed out soon after.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh my God, Molly!"

"She's here!"

"She's alive! Thank God!"

"Let's get her to the van."

Voices were coming at me from different directions. I felt myself be lifted. And then total darkness.