Sequel: From Thief to Agent
Status: Just popped out of me head! Will be updating when I find the time!

The Adventure of a Thief

Small Beginnings

Let me give you a little background of who I am.

Hi! My name is Molly Hatkins, and I am just your regular girl from the Midwest.

Well, I was, until I was injured in a drive by shooting when I was fourteen.

I was just walking along the street with my friend from the foster home, when all of a sudden I heard shots, screaming, and tires squealing.

I was shot in the head. At first they didn't think that I wasn't going to make it, but I persevered. I was also shot in the leg, but other than it being a little weaker than my other leg, that wound wasn't as important.

The doctors didn't know if I was going to ever be normal or fully recovered. They were worried about the brain damage. I did eventually recover, fully enough to not worry my neurologists. But I became a parapsychologists dream.

"Molly, this is extraordinary," Dr. Roberts would say.

I could move things without touching them. I could move myself without taking a step. I could float a couple of inches off the ground. One time, I changed my appearance. Another time, I got so angry that my carpet was in flames.

That was when Dr. Roberts decided that I needed to be with people that would know how to help me control my power, but even though he looked, he couldn't really find someone that would know what to do with me.

Until we met Karl. He didn't want anything to do with us until I showed him my talents.

"Tell me, are you from Asgard?" he asked me, bewildered from what he just seen.

At the time, I just shook my head. I was sixteen, and he took me under his wing.

With his help, I learned how to control and strengthen my talent. And we discovered together another talent of mine.

It happened when we were in the grocery store. Dr. Roberts and Karl were bickering over some fruit when I heard it. "I am going to do this. All these people are going to pay". And I felt anger wash over me. And I saw images of this guy taking his gun from his trench coat and shooting the cashier and whatever customers were there.

I immediately looked for the man, leaving my friends. I found him in the next aisle over, holding a basket.

"Hey," I said to him, approaching him. I didn't know what to do in this kind of situation, so I just thought a friendly chat would do it.

He regarded me warily. Annoyance, anger, and dread was what I felt from him. "What do you want?"

"You don't have to do this," I said calmly. I really hoped whatever came over me was accurate. I had never felt anything like this, and I wasn't sure how to handle it.

"Listen, I don't know you, and you don't know me. But I will not hesitate to kill you, so you better just leave, okay?"

"I do not know what is going on here, but it does not sound good," Karl said from behind me. I didn't know how long he had been there, but apparently is was long enough.

The guy pulled his gun from under his coat, but Karl attacked him before he could pull the trigger.

The man was arrested, and when police asked me how I knew, I just lied and said that I saw the gun.

"How did you really see it?" Dr. Roberts asked me later. "Was it a premonition?"

"No. I heard it in my head," I answered, a little afraid. "Like I felt his emotions, and saw what he was going to do."

Dr. Roberts looked at me with a mixture of fear and pride in his eyes.

At first I could only hear people with strong emotions or strong thoughts. And then I finally worked it so I could hear what was going on with anybody.

But I knew that I shouldn't eavesdrop, so I only save it for special occasions.

When I was eighteen, Karl, Dr. Roberts, Dr. Robert's friend T.J, and I shared an apartment. At the time, Dr. Roberts was fully employed, but within the year he lost his job.

Money was tight, and we all thought of working more. But the job field wasn't accepting of a parapsychologist, a man from another place, and a teenage girl with talents that could be perceived as witchcraft.

"We should just rob banks," I said as a small joke one night around the dinner table over a meal of tuna fish.

T.J stopped eating,"We could do that you know."

We all looked at him. "I could shut off the power for the bank, Molly can personally shut off the cameras, and maybe even teleport to the vault and change her shape, and Karl can be the brawn, and you could drive the get away car," T.J continued excitedly.

At the time, we just laughed him off. A month later, we came home with $4,000 from the Central Bank.

We became thieves.