Sequel: From Thief to Agent
Status: Just popped out of me head! Will be updating when I find the time!

The Adventure of a Thief

Practice

"Molly? Molly, can you hear me" It's Dr.Roberts. I struggled to open my eyes. How long have I been sleeping?

"Yeah, I can hear you," I thought back. Dr. Roberts and I have been working on this type of communication. It really helped while we were doing a bank job.

"Where are you?"

"I really don't know, I'm in some sort of prison, but it isn't the cops."

"Yes, we know. You were taken by S.H.I.E.L.D authorities. They specialize in extreme human abilities."

"Well what should I do? I didn't admit to anything!"

"Good, stay that way, but I want you to practice. We will find a way to break in and get you out. Just be good!"

Practice my ability and not get caught. Tough orders, Doctor.

I stood up from my sitting position and stretched. Loki watched me.

"About time you woke up," he said, standing up.

"Please tell me you weren't watching me the whole time," I said, "Isn't there any other entertainment?"

"You, dear, are my entertainment. So what are you going to do for me?"

I smiled. "I'm going to show you one of my many magic tricks."

He smirked. "Well this should be interesting."

I looked around my small cell. There was nothing interesting I could levitate, so I settled on the next best thing. I was standing in the farthest corner from Loki's cell

"Okay, now I'm here," I said and then closed my eyes. I concentrated on the spot where I wanted to be. When I opened them I was standing right on the edge of mine, in front of Loki's cell.

"And now I am here" I said, feeling accomplished because of the surprised look in his eyes.

"That's sort of impressive. Anything else? Maybe something useful to get us out of here?"

"Um, that is useful for getting me out of here. I mean I could just leave," I said, kinda upset over his response.

"These cells will block your power," he said, "Everything is pointless, love."

"Well what can you do?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"This," he said, and before my very eyes, he transformed into a woman. Me to be exact.

He was wearing all my features. My hazel eyes, my figure, all of my clothes. He even had my freckles down to a T. "Woah," was all I could manage to say.

He turned back into himself, and smirked at my reaction.

I finally found myself again. "Okay, well, impressive, but that won't get us out of here either."

I paced the four corners of my cell in silence. I put my hair in a pony tail, and then I took it out. I was wondering if the Dr. Roberts or Karl had figured out some sort of escape plan. That's when I realized something.

Loki said that my powers were blocked by my cell, but I somehow could receive messages from Dr. Roberts and I could hear the guard's thoughts. I turned toward Loki, who was sitting in his cell reading a book.

"What is that?" I asked him.

"One of the many books from my realm," he said in a sigh not bothering looking up. "You probably wouldn't understand."

I couldn't hear his thoughts, which didn't mean anything. Some people were hard to hear, like Karl. But his thoughts weren't what I was interested in. Loki had provided me with an object.

I stood near his cell again, and put both my hands on the glass. I looked at the book he was reading and I focused on it. At first nothing happened, and I was getting flustered. I was worried that I was absolutely powerless.

But then a miracle happened. The edges of the page fluttered, and then the book itself closed on Loki. He dropped it in surprise and looked at me.

"The cell may keep your powers in, but it sure can't keep mine," I said, looking triumphant, "Can that get us out of here?"

Loki surprised me with an actual grin.