Sequel: From Thief to Agent
Status: Just popped out of me head! Will be updating when I find the time!

The Adventure of a Thief

Our House

We had had been there a week, and I was getting really anxious. I hadn't heard from any of my partners, and Loki was really starting to scare me. There were points in time where I really wish I hadn't brought him, but I knew that he was crucial to my escape.

The first thing we did when we arrived was secure the house. Loki wanted to know the extent of my powers and I tried giving him an overview.

"Yes, dear, but can't you try to make a force field or something of that sort?" he asked me.

"Well yeah, but I don't see how that can help. It's not like I can cover the whole house or anything," I said, exhausted.

"You forgot, I am a God," he said, and quicker than I had seen anyone do before, he grasped my hands. "With our powers combined, we could be stronger than any force. Now concentrate."

I closed my eyes, and felt around me. I felt only me, and then Loki and I, soon the house. I stopped reaching when I got to the end of my driveway. Then I sensed it, a strong tingling feeling, and then complete numbness. I felt like I was spinning, and Loki's grasp on my hands got tighter.

"Concentrate Molly," he said through clenched teeth.

Just when I felt like I was going to pass out, Loki let go of my hands. I fell to my knees, I felt weak, but I could feel a difference in the house, one that I could sense despite feeling so sick.

"What was that?" I asked, weakly.

"Our powers combined," he said, and then added with a smirk, "We have no limits together, sweetling."

And that is when I knew that I was crucial to Loki, but he would eventually dispose of me, and I didn't know how or when. But not right away.

Waking up everyday with fear or anxiety isn't an easy thing. I was fearing my house guest, which led to my nerves acting up whenever an hour went by and I haven't heard from the doctor. I would pace whenever I wasn't focusing in on something, and I had a hard time sleeping.

My hands were shaking one morning as I was making breakfast. I always found cooking as a positive release of my emotions, since I was keeping busy, but this morning was an exception. I was making eggs in my grandmother's heaviest pan, and much to my dismay Loki was sitting at the breakfast table, watching me.

"You're nervous, and you are not as attractive as you first were," he observed, "is something bothering you?"

"No, why?" I asked, plastering a smile on my face as I turned toward him.

"You're faking a smile," he continued to watch my expression, "Pray, tell, do I make you nervous?"

"Ha! You think you make me nervous," I turned back to the eggs, "That's a hoot."

"A hoot?" he asked, and I heard the chair drag back as he was getting up.

I closed my eyes, and I hoped that now wasn't the time that he would dispose of me.

"I can smell your fear, Molly," he said, right behind me. I could feel his breath at the back of my neck.

Then I could feel him put his hand softly on my forearm. I wasn't sure what he was doing, and I would never know, because I turned around with the hot pan in my hand, and I just swung. I swung like I was hitting a grand slam in baseball. I swung so hard that the force of it had him step back a few steps, and then smash his head on the breakfast table as he fell.

He stayed on the floor for a minute before I regained my composure, and calmed myself. When I realized what I had done, I said two words.

"Oh, shit."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm on spring break, so I'll try to add as much as I can! I'm also going to try to turn a new leaf by following Nordic mythology with Loki, so hopefully this will turn out alright!