Sequel: From Thief to Agent
Status: Just popped out of me head! Will be updating when I find the time!

The Adventure of a Thief

Break Through

"Have you ever felt alone?" Loki asked me after he took a sip of water. The question was unexpected and I wasn't really sure where this was leading.

"Well yes," I said after a minute, "I'm sure we all have."

"Different from your family?" he asked, his eyes locking mine.

"When I was a baby, my parents were killed, and then I was raised by my grandmother until I was seven, and since then I lived with a foster family and friends," I told him, "So I guess in a way I have felt different from my family."

"You and I are not that different then," Loki said, breaking my gaze and focusing on the water glass in his hands, "My kind were killed in warfare, so Odin took me to live with him and his family."

"Odin?" I asked with a sudden realization, Karl told me about him in stories, "As in the ruler of Asgard?"

"Yes, but it isn't an easy life at it may seem, I was smaller than Thor, you see," he said, unaware of my realization, "All the Asgardians treated me as I was inferior. I think that's why my birth father hid me. He was embarrassed."

"Now, don't say that," I said, and very gently I placed my hand on top of his. He looked up at me, "Why would you say that?"

"Just look at me," he said, miserably.

"I am looking and I don't see anything wrong or bad," I said, and then added, "I like what I see. You are a very handsome guy."

"You think so?" he looked at me questioningly. He then continued with, "But do not feel sorry for me. I had learned magic. So if any one is bigger than me, I can use it to even the score."

"Magic?" I asked.

He nodded. He held out his hand for me to see, and then before my very eyes, a rose started to form onto his hand. I stared at it in wonder. "Go ahead, pick it up."

I gingerly grabbed the flower, but before I could inspect the flower further, a bright flash filled the room, and its noisy counterpart came after. I jumped.

"You're afraid of thunder," Loki observed.

I nodded, "When I was fourteen, I was shot. Since then I have been afraid of loud noises."

Loki just nodded, and then grabbed my hand and pulled it close. "My brother is the God of Thunder, so there isn't anything to be afraid of, but just in case, we may need to distract you."

I didn't know when I stopped fearing Loki, but it was during this conversation, and who couldn't resist feeling sympathy for this guy, even if he was a jerk.

There is a reason bad guys are bad.

But with Loki, I felt more than sympathy, I felt a sense of longing. Sure I had kissed a guy, but that was a long time ago, before I had bigger problems on my plate.

Loki seemed to be following my train of thought, because he sat up, grabbed my chin and pulled me closer. "Do we need to distract you?"

Another roll of thunder made me jump, and Loki did a seductive chuckle, "I guess you do need distracting."

And that is when he kissed me. My lips tingled from the impact, but I knew it was more than just a crush, it was power, running through the both of us.

"Woah," I said, and he only replied with a snicker and drew me nearer.

We explored each other's mouth with our tongues, and we felt each other up with our hands, but I couldn't help but noticing the further we got along, the more stronger the power felt. And I did crave it.

He took off my top, and I pulled at his, and soon, we were both undressed.

Like kissing, I hadn't had sex in a long while either, so this moment was was highly anticipated as well.

It was the same situation with him, because we were done and laying side by side, holding each other after twenty minutes.

Instead of feeling tired I felt powerful, like I could do something marvelous. I leaped out of bed and grabbed some of my clothes, all the while Loki was watching.

I closed my eyes, and I was downstairs before I moved an inch. I opened the back door from fifteen feet away and I went outside. Then I found a spot on the ground, and within seconds it was in flames.

I was so absorbed in my own mischief, that I didn't hear the god of it approach from behind me. He put a hand on my shoulder, "See what wonders we could do together, Molly?"

"Do you really not remember who I am?" I asked distracted by my flames.

"You're Molly Hatkins, you are 19, almost 20, and not a child. Oh, and you are just your average thief."

I looked up at him, and we kissed.

Power is such a marvelous thing.