Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Plans Change

"I don't know what to tell you Alex, but your results came out positive." The doctor told me. "You're seven weeks along."
"Um, I don't- I wish. I can't do this!" I cried in shock. "I'm only fifteen! My parents are going to kill me!"
"Alex." My friend Vic cooed and pulled me into a hug.
I held Vic tightly as I cried into his neck, feeling his hand rub my back in slow circles.

Days later found me in my room with my boyfriend Trent sitting on my bed in shock.
"Please tell me you're kidding Alexander." Trent spat out, anger visible in his eyes.
"I wish I was, Trent. I'm not and you can ask Vic, he went to the doctor with me. And don't ask me if I'm going to keep it because I'm not even sure." I told him, tears brimming my eyes.
"Well you know what? I don't fucking care what you do. I want nothing to do with that kid or you. We're done and don't ever look for me again. Do what you want with your life, Lex, I don't care anymore." Trent smirked as he walked up to me and gave me one final kiss before he walked out of my room and out of my life.
Sitting down on my bed with tears running down my face, I got my cellphone out and called Vic.
"Lex, what's up?" Vic asked me.
"C-Come over. Please." I cried into the phone.
"Don't worry, I'll be there in a few minutes." Vic said and we both hung up.
I knew Trent would act this way. He always told me that he never wanted to get tied down to one person, especially not because of a kid. And there's no way in hell I'm aborting, I can't kill an innocent life.
Vic ran in a few minutes later and he sat down next to me, pulling me tight into his embrace. I told Vic everything that Trent told me, everything that was going through my mind and my decision to keep the baby and raise him/her.
"You sure? You're only fifteen and your parents will most likely kill you." Vic told me, his brown eyes filled with worry and I gave him a reassuring smile after he told me.
"Completely sure and if they don't like it, then screw them. Its my body and I can do what I please." I stated and Vic gave me an encouraging smile.
"Now, you just gotta tell your parents."
I nodded and sighed. I don't think this much stress is good for the baby. Rubbing my still flat stomach, Vic and I talked about school and Vic's crush on the new boy, Kellin. I chuckled and suggested that he talk to him but Vic just called me crazy and he started to freak out and I just laughed. Vic left right before my parents got home from work and I debated on telling my parents now or later. I figured now was the time to do it before I started showing. Walking downstairs when mom said her and dad brought dinner, I gathered up my courage and greeted them with a smile.
"Hi sweetie, did you go out with Trent today?" Mom asked me as she handed me plate with some pizza.
"He broke up with me." I mumbled while shoving a piece of cheese in my mouth and shrugging.
"Oh Alex, I'm so sorry. Why did he break up with you?"
"He got what he wanted and he won't take responsibility of his actions."
My parents both gasped. I know they're smart and they probably figured out what I meant. Looking up at my parents with teary eyes, my mom engulfed me in an embrace and my dad just did his best to show affection.
"Oh sweetie, how far along are you?" My mom asked softly, stroking my hair.
"Seven weeks. I went today with Vic and the doctor confirmed it."
"And what are you planning to do, son?" My dad asked, sitting down on a chair with his plate.
"Keeping the baby. The baby's innocent and doesn't deserve to had it's life taken away because of one person that decided to ruin my life." I told them and my mom agreed.
"Sweetie, you have my full support. I'm your mom Alex and you know you can count on me for anything you need." She smiled at me and kissed my forehead.
"Thanks mommy." I smiled at her and we continued eating as if I didn't decide to drop the bomb about my pregnancy.

Days went by slowly. I tried my hardest at school, hung out with friends and just tried to have fun and tried forgetting about Trent. But he was my first for everything. Vic has been a great support for me as well as my parents and we even became friends with Kellin. My friend Zach became too overprotective of me and I appreciate him being worried, but I need to breath. Do things myself.

"So how are things with Kellin coming along?" I asked Vic as we walked around the mall.
"Fine, but he told me he liked this girl in our chemistry class." Vic sighed sadly.
"I'm sorry bud. Guess we're both unlucky when it comes to guys and dating." I chuckled and Vic smiled.
"After high school, what are you going to do? I mean you'll have a baby and you wanted to go to college. Now what?"
"Honestly, I don't know. I do know that I'm gonna get home schooled for awhile though. I'll see what happens though."
As we walked around we bumped into Mike, Vic's younger brother and Zach. I groaned quietly yet smiled. Vic didn't seem too happy either, I mean it was just supposed to be us two today, but we had to bump into these idiots.
"Hey guys. What are you doing here? Following us around?" Vic questioned while crossing his arms across his chest.
"Just walking around you know." Mike answered with a guilty look on his face.
"Uh huh and I was born yesterday." I grinned.
"Fine, but it was Zach's idea."
"Hey." Zach hit Mike's arm and Vic and I laughed while shaking our heads.
"Well now that you're here, make yourselves useful and help us carry these bags." I said while handing Zach my heaviest ones.
"What the hell do you have in here?" Zach complained.
"Some baby things."
"Already? But you don't even know what you're having." Mike told me as we started to walk again.
"I know, but just the simple things like bottles and a cute yellow onesie that Vic picked out." I smiled.
"You're really excited for this baby, aren't you?" Zach asked me and I nodded.
"Yeah, I've already grown attached to it and I've only known I've been pregnant for a week." I answered while placing a hand lightly to my stomach.
"You'll be a great dad, Lex." Vic assured me.
"Thanks."

The next day at school I saw Trent walking around with a girl and it made me jealous, but then I realized he wasn't worth it anymore. I'm just going to focus on myself and the baby.
"Hey Alex, can I talk to you?" Came Kellin's nervous voice from beside me as we walked to my locker.
"Sure Kellin, what's up?" I asked my friend.
"I-I don't know how you'll feel about this but, I'm feeling something towards Vic."
"I feel happy Kellin. I really think you and Vic would make a nice couple." I told him sincerely while opening my locker.
"You really think so?"
"Of course and what do you plan on doing?"
"I'm not sure yet. He's been avoiding me lately and I don't know why."
"Talk to him. He'll come around."
"Thanks Alex."
Kellin walked away and I saw Trent walk over to me with a smile. The smile that once made me feel butterflies in my stomach.
"What do you want?" I asked him angrily.
"Aww babe, I just came to ask you if you've gotten rid of that thing yet. If you have, we can be together." Trent said.
"I haven't and we won't ever get back together."
"Your loss."
I rolled my eyes and walked away. No matter what he says to me, I'm not falling for him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys enjoy this story :)