Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Plans

The weekend arrived slowly. Very slowly. Trent didn't ever appear again and Ben is now mad at him. I'm just glad Trent hasn't shown his face around us and that things seem to be running smoothly again. Tonight's the night Jack and I go on a double date with his friends Rian and Cassadee. Jenna offered to watch Ben for me since Vic would be spending the weekend with Kellin. I don't understand why Vic just doesn't move in with him already.

"Babe, we should get going." Jack called as he walked into my room.

"Alright. Just let me grab my coat and wallet." I told him as I walked into my closet for my coat and then grabbed my wallet.

I met up with Jack in the living room where Ben was telling him about some cartoon he just saw. I chuckled and walked up to Jack where Ben was standing on the couch to get to his level.

"I'm ready." I told Jack who grabbed my hand and he ruffled Ben's hair. "Bye kiddo, be good to Jenna and I'll be back later."

"Bye daddy, Bye Jack." Ben waved at us and I leaned down to kiss his head.

"Bye kid." Jack waved back at Ben and we walked out of the apartment. "Have Kellin and Vic found a place of their own?"

"Yeah, though they're still in the process of getting all the papers signed and shit. They think they might be able to move in by next month. Why?" I asked Jack curiously as we walked outside and towards his car.

"Just wondering. Since you and Ben will be alone now, how about we think about living together? I mean, I know we're moving fast and all, but Lex, I know like I really really know that I love you so much. I can't even begin to describe how fucking happy you make me. I've never ever felt this way towards someone, not even my ex-fiance."

"I love you too Jack." I whispered as tears blurred my vision and I threw my arms around his neck.

Jack held me tight and kissed my head before we pulled away and I captured his lips with mine. Jack smiled through the kiss and held onto my hips as we pulled away slowly.

"So is that a yes you'll move in with me?" Jack asked me hopefully and I nodded. "I love you love you love you!" Jack screamed and kissed me again.

I giggled and pulled away from him.

"Alright, Jack, if we don't get going we're going to be late. We'll tell Ben tomorrow."

"Alright." Jack kissed me again briefly before he opened the car door for me and I got in.

The drive to the restaurant was short and Jack kept making plans about moving in. We reached the restaurant and walked inside and found Cassadee and Rian at the table already. They stood up when we reached the table and I smiled at them.

"Guys, this is my boyfriend Alex." Jack stated proudly, arm wrapped protectively around my waist.

"Hi." I greeted them.

"Hello Alex. I'm Cassadee and I'm very glad to meet you. Jack hasn't stopped talking about you all week." Cassadee giggled as she shook my hand and I chuckled.

"And I'm Rian." The guy next to Cassadee spoke up.

We sat down and a waiter walked over to us and we ordered our drinks.

"So Alex, you're still in college right?" Cassadee asked me and I nodded. "What are you studying to become?"

"Teacher, same as Jack." I smiled and she giggled again.

"You guys sure are perfect for each other then." Rian commented and we laughed.

"Hell yeah we are." Jack agreed and leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"Next time you should bring your son, Alex. I'd really like to meet him." Cassadee spoke as we stood in the parking lot ready to part ways.

"Alright, I'll make sure I do that." I answered her with a smile and we all said our goodbyes.

"Are you staying tonight?" I asked Jack with a yawn.

"Yeah. I don't feel like driving home." He answered and started driving home.

When we reached the apartment, the place was quiet except for the TV on low volume and Jenna sitting on the couch with Ben curled up on one corner with a blanket over him. I smiled and Jack walked over to Ben, stroking the child's hair softly. Jenna smiled up at me and turned off the TV before standing up.

"He tried waiting up for you guys but fell asleep like ten minutes ago." Jenna explained as I walked her to the door.

"Alright, thanks Jenna for watching him." I told her.

"No worries." She smiled, gave me a hug and left.

Closing the front door I walked over to Jack who was picking up Ben gently from the couch. I chuckled as Ben moved in his sleep and slapped Jack across the face. Jack simply grunted and disappeared down the hall to Ben's room. I followed shortly after once I had turned off the lights and walked into Ben's room, standing by the doorway as Jack tucked Ben into his bed and placed the old stuffed rabbit next to him.

"Night, buddy. Sweet dreams." Jack whispered and kissed Ben's head before walking over to me. "I'll wait in the bedroom, baby."

"Alright." I leaned up slightly to peck his lips and watched him leave before walking over to Ben and sitting down at the edge of Ben's bed. "Night baby boy."

"Night daddy." Ben mumbled and cracked his eyes open a bit before reaching his arms up and I smiled, leaning down to let him hug me. "I love you."

"Love you too, sweetie." I smiled wide and kissed his head before getting up and walking out of the room.

I walked into my room and found Jack already laying on the bed still in his clothes. I just chuckled and slapped his thigh to wake him up. He sat up and smiled lazily at me.

"Hi baby." He mumbled out, pulling me on top of him.

"Hey. You know, I'm tired and I would really like to go to sleep." I told Jack, pecking his lips a bit.

"You're right. Come on."

The next morning we woke up to Ben jumping on top of us. I groaned and opened my eyes to see him smiling down at us. Jack sighed tiredly. Ben giggled and pulled my hair to get my attention.

"Yes? Did you lose something?" I asked him.

"I'm hungry." He pouted and slapped my cheek lightly.

I grabbed his wrist and pressed a kiss to the palm of his hand, making him giggle. Jack wrapped an arm around Ben and pulled him down next to us. Ben cuddled in between us and looked up at the ceiling as I turned onto my side to look at them.

"Sweetie, Jack and I need to talk to you." I told Ben who looked at me curiously.

"Okay." He simply shrugged and went back to playing with Jack's hand.

"Honey, Jack and I want to live together. Buy a house so all three of us can live happy as a family, what do you say?"

"Can we buy a doggy too?" Ben asked with a smile as he looked over at Jack.

"Of course we can, buddy." Jack chuckled.

We spent the day watching movies and being lazy. Jack and I agreed to go house hunting on the next day off which was this Friday. Ben's really excited about the idea of getting a dog soon and all I hope is that we find a house that we all like soon so we can live together as a family. The family I always dreamed off having.

"Well, look at the happy family." Vic teased as he walked in alone.

"Why are you back so early? I thought you were staying all weekend with Kelly." I told Vic who glared at me.

"I was, but Kellin works today and tomorrow morning, so I decided to come back home."

I shook my head and Ben shifted in Jack's lap, but otherwise he was still sleeping. Jack smiled down at Ben and I looked up at Vic who disappeared down the hall to his room.

"How's college been?" Jack asked me after awhile of silence.

"It's been great. I'm really happy with the career I picked though I was a bit hesitant at first." I answered, looking over at Jack who was looking down at Ben while running his fingers through his hair.

"I'm proud of you, baby. Hey, I was thinking." Jack spoke and my eyes widened jokingly.

"Oh oh." I teased him and he chuckled.

"No, I'm serious. I was thinking maybe we should go away a weekend. Just us three at the cabin. Relaxing. Bonding as a family. What do you think?" Jack asked me hopefully.

"I like that. It's a great idea, but obviously we should plan ahead and pick a weekend where we're not busy." I suggested.

"Deal." Jack leaned over a bit and pecked my lips.

A little giggle broke our kiss and we both looked down to see Ben wide awake and hiding his face in Jack's shirt. I chuckled and tickled his tummy lightly, getting louder laughs from the child. Jack laughed and sat Ben up who was still clutching at his shirt. Ben laughed a bit more as Jack and I kept tickling him until he couldn't breath.

My phone started ringing and I pulled it out quickly, laughing a bit as I answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Lex, it's me." Came that thick accent that I barely remembered but came to adore at some point.

"Oli?" I gasped out, sitting at the edge of my seat, hearing both Jack and Ben go quiet.

"Yeah. Hey listen, um, I might be heading over to America soon and I was wondering if we could meet up. I mean, it's been awhile since we last saw each other and I want you to meet someone as well." Oli told me and I could hear a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"Sure, Oli, just tell me when you'll be coming and we can set up a place to meet each other." I smiled.

"Alright, thank you, mate!" Oli hung up and I chuckled before turning over to see my boys who were looking at me curiously.

"Who's this Oli you were speaking to?" Jack asked me, getting a nod from Ben who crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oli, an old friend who lives in the U.K. We met in high school when he came as an exchange student. He's coming over soon." I answered.

"Didn't you date Oli?"

I nodded and gave Jack a reassuring smile while he looked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been awhile :/
I sprained my ankle last week when I was going to update, but then I forgot and other stuff got in the way so I just got to doing it now ;-;