Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Fear

"How did you and Oliver meet?" I asked Josh later that day.

Ben was still out with Vic and Kellin and Oli went to go visit Jenna. Josh stayed behind because he said he was tired, so we're taking this opportunity to get to know each other.

"We met at a concert three years ago and became great friends and he finally asked me out a year ago." Josh told me, his left hand curled around a mug that held coffee while we sat on the couch.

"Took him that long to ask you out?" I laughed and Josh joined me as well while shaking his head.

"Yeah. It was torture for me. I liked Oli a month after knowing him and it was like living in hell. I tried getting over him by dating another guy, but obviously it didn't work." Josh sighed while looking down.

"Hey, if you're implying that the guy was abusive, I know what it feels like to be in a relationship like that." I told Josh who looked up at me with wide eyes.

"Y-You do?"

I nodded and said, "Yeah. Ben's other dad wasn't exactly a saint. We were only together for like three months, but he was the worst."

"Bastards." Josh mumbled as he took a sip from his coffee and I hummed in agreement.

The door opened and Vic walked in with Kellin and Ben skipping happily between them.

"Hi daddy! Hi Josh!" Ben yelled as he ran over to us and climbing onto my lap.

"Hi baby boy, have fun?" I asked him and he nodded. "How was he?"

"A troublemaker." Kellin commented with a smile as him and Vic sat on the other couch.

Ben simply giggled and Vic smiled, placing a hand on his barely noticeable bump. Josh and Ben started a conversation while I talked with the couple sitting across from me. Jack walked in with Oli behind him and a smile and four boxes of pizza, making me groan. Pizza again.

"Jack!" Ben cried cheerfully while running over to the older man.

"Hey mini man." Jack greeted and set the boxes down on the table before picking up the boy. "How was your day?"

Oli walked over to us and sat down on Josh's other side. I stood up from the couch and over to Jack and Ben who were still chatting away.

"Hey baby, how was your day?" Jack asked me, pecking my lips.

"Tiring." I smiled at him.

"Are you still feeling sick?" Jack asked worriedly.

"No, it was probably something I ate last night." I told him.

"If you feel sick, tell me."

"I will." I chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"Who's sick?" Came Vic's voice as he walked into the kitchen and headed towards the pizzas.

"No one, you nosey man." I told Vic who glared at me and the others chuckled.

"So, Josh, how are you liking America so far?" Kellin asked him after we gathered our food and sat in the living room to eat.

"I really like it. A lot actually." Josh smiled at us.

"And you said it was your first time coming?" Vic asked him and Josh nodded.

"Did you know, that Kellin and Oliver used to hate each other?" I asked Josh who looked at me with wide eyes while Vic laughed and Kellin and Oliver looked at me with wide eyes and shaking their heads at me.

"Are you serious? Oli, love, you never told me anything." Josh said while looked at Oli who glared at me.

"It's true. They fought over a girl." Vic chimed in. "Well part of it is true. The other part I don't think you want to know."

"Victor." I snapped at him.

"Sorry." He shrugged.

Monday morning I woke up feeling my stomach doing flip flops. I groaned and curled up on Jack's side, squeezing my eyes shut. Jack moved in his sleep and wrapped an arm around me.

"You alright?" He asked me tiredly.

"Feel like shit." I mumbled while clutching my stomach.

"Do you feel like you're going to throw up?" Jack asked me worriedly.

I nodded and suddenly I was out of bed and in the bathroom throwing up last night's dinner. Jack was in the bathroom seconds later rubbing my back and brushing my hair back. I gagged into the toilet a few more times before standing up on shaky legs with his help.

"Baby, maybe you should stay home today." Jack told me.

"Yeah, I'll take your word on that. I feel like utter shit." I groaned while brushing my teeth.

"Alright, but if you need anything call me. Besides, Josh and Oli are here to keep you company." Jack told me as he started getting ready for work.

A few hours later, I was starting to feel better. Vic was over as soon as he heard that I was sick and honestly, at this point I was freaking out.

"Vic, I can't be pregnant." I complained and paced back and forth.

"Why the hell not? You told me that you and Jack have talked about kids and well you're moving in a few weeks. You'll have a lot more space for a baby." Vic told me and I looked over at Josh who was staring up at me, giving me a comforting smile.

"Well yeah, but it's too soon. I don't want to make the same mistake I made with Trent."

"Lex, maybe we should get you a test first." Josh suggested and I nodded, wiping away a stray tear. "I'll go, I know where the drugstore is."

"Thank you, Josh."

"Anytime, mate." He smiled and left.

"You're really scared, aren't you?" Vic asked me, making me sit down next to him.

"Yes. I just don't want a kid right now. I'm not ready. I feel like Jack and I wouldn't be able to handle one so early into our relationship."

"Come 'ere." Vic cooed and brought me into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around me while I cried into his shoulder.

Josh got back ten minutes later with a bag of tests and I sat up, grabbing the bag and thanking him before disappearing into the bathroom. Five tests later, I was sitting on the cold hard ground crying my eyes out when both Vic and Josh walk in worriedly.

"Positive?" Josh asked me quietly and I nodded before sobbing into my hands.

"Hey hey, now, none of that." Vic spoke up as him and Josh knelt down beside me on the bathroom floor.

"Didn't you guys use a condom or something?" Josh asked me, pushing my hair back.

"Yes, but it broke." I hiccuped.

"And how exactly did it go? Like, what did Jack say?" Vic asked me, rubbing my back in circles.

"He s-said that we'd be fine, but he never said anything about a baby."

"Well, you guys are going to have to talk about it. Maybe ask him what he thinks about having one this early and then go from there." Josh suggested and I nodded.

Later that day, Oli and Josh offered to take Ben while I talked to Jack about our situation.

"Jack, how would you feel if I were pregnant right now?" I asked him a bit quietly, not looking up into his eyes.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" It wasn't said like a question, more like a statement.

"Yeah. The condom broke the last time we did it." I gulped down the sick feeling bubbling in my stomach.

"You know this is too early for us-" Jack started but my head snapped up to look at him.

"Too early?! Then what the fuck are we doing moving in together already?!" I snapped at him.

"Alex, calm down." Jack begged me and I sighed. "Look, I'm happy alright? Happy that we created something beautiful even if it's accidental. But we both now this might cause a strain since it's so early into our relationship."

"Don't you think I know that? I'm terrified and nowhere near as happy as you are with this baby. I-" I choked on my words and started crying all over again, startling Jack in the process but he quickly recovered and pulled me into his chest.

"Shh baby, you know I'll never leave you in this state. I'm not like Trent." Jack assured me, holding me tight and rocking us back and forth a bit. "I promise we'll make it through this."

"Thanks." I whispered before shutting my eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

//Jack's POV//

After awhile, I realized that Alex had fallen asleep and I placed a kiss to his mop of brown hair before picking him up and taking him to our room. Gently I placed Alex down on the bed and covered him up with a blanket. I smiled a bit sadly and kissed his forehead before leaving the room to where someone was knocking on the front door. Opening the door quickly, I greeted Jenna and Zack who hugged me.

"Vic told us what happened. How's Alex?" Jenna asked me quietly as we sat around the kitchen table.

"He's sleeping right now, had a mini breakdown." I sighed, running a hand through my hair tiredly.

"What are you planning on doing?" Zack asked.

"Well obviously we're gonna keep the baby, I mean we're not fucking teenagers anymore. It's just that Alex is beyond terrified at this point. After what Trent did when he was pregnant the first time, it left a fear in him." I told them and Jenna nodded.

"Just know that you guys have our support, whether I'm here or not. Alex is like my brother and I was there the first time for him and I'll be here again." Jenna assured me, sending me a warm smile.

"Thank you." I told her.

They left shortly after and Oli and Josh came back with Ben. The child ran up to me happily and I picked him up, letting him rest his head on my shoulder tiredly. I rubbed his back and turned to Oli and Josh who asked me how everything went.

"It's going. Not great, but somewhere in between good and bad." I sighed, resting my cheek on Ben's head.

"Jack, where daddy?" Ben asked me.

"He's not feeling good kiddo, so he's taking a nap." I responded.

"Oh."

I don't know, but at this moment, I have a bad feeling about all of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
And don't worry, they won't break up.... as far as I know
and thanks to those who comment, you guys are special to me :]