Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

New Memories

Alex woke up around dinner time, looking a bit disoriented but otherwise better than earlier. Ben was in the living room playing with Josh and Oli while I sat with Alex while he gathered his thoughts.

"You alright, baby? You've been quiet for almost ten minutes." I told him while pulling Alex closer to my body.

"Yeah, just trying to remember what happened. I'm good now." Alex told me, giving his adorable smile.

"You hungry?" I asked, placing my hand flat on his stomach and pecking his lips.

"Hell yeah. I'm eating for two now." Alex grinned and I leaned down a bit to kiss his stomach.

"Come on." I helped Alex out of bed and lead him out into the main room where Josh and Oli were still playing with Ben who was chattering away as usual.

"Daddy!" Ben cheered and ran over to Alex who picked him up.

"Hi kiddo. Have fun with Oli and Josh?" Alex asked the toddler who nodded eagerly.

I walked into the kitchen with Oli following me behind. I started getting things to make dinner and Oli offered to help.

"I see Alex is doing a lot better now." Oli told me.

"Yeah, he seems more excited now." I answered with a smile.

"That's good." Oli smiled.

"How about you and Josh? Any future kids?"

"Not at the moment, but Josh really wants one. I'm not ready for that yet and I don't think Josh is either. Around two years ago when Josh and I were only still friends, he had a boyfriend and Josh was pregnant, but the guy beat up Josh making him lose the baby. Josh was heartbroken and just so not himself. I don't think he's ready to go through this." Oli told me.

"I get what you mean." I assured Oli.

//Two Weeks Later//Alex's POV//

"We'll see you guys soon." I sniffled a little as I pulled Josh into a final hug at the airport.

"Hey, no worries, mate. We'll be back soon." Josh assured me as he rubbed my back.

I nodded and pulled away, watching as Josh bent down to say goodbye to Ben who looked just as sad as I did. Oliver chuckled and pulled me into his arms, kissing the top of my head before letting me go.

"Bye guys. Have a safe flight back." Jack told the retreating couple who waved at us once and then left.

Ben walked over to us and lifted his arms up towards Jack who picked him up.

"Ready to go home, boys?" Jack asked us and I nodded.

"Yeah." I sighed. "We're moving tomorrow, right?"

"Yes. Zack and Rian offered to help out." Jack told me and I nodded.

We left the airport and drove back to the apartment where most of our things were packed into boxes.

The next day, Rian and Zack were over at the apartment early. Ben woke up a bit cranky this morning. And it really wasn't helping with how busy and frustrated we are right now.

"Daddy." Ben whimpered as he walked over to where I was getting the last of the things in boxes.

"What's wrong baby?" I questioned the child and turned to look at him, frowning in worry when I noticed his bright red cheeks and thin sheet of sweat. "Baby, are you feeling okay?"

Ben shook his head and lifted his arms up, sniffling a bit and I sighed before picking him up. Ben rested his head on my shoulder, his hot forehead touching my neck, making me cringe.

"Oh sweetie, let's go find you some medicine." I told Ben and walked toward the bathroom. "Jack!"

Jack walked in shortly after looking worried and a bit startled.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked and his eyes landed on a non-energized four year old. "Is my little man sick?"

Ben nodded, his arms wrapped around my neck a bit tightly.

"Where's the medicine?" I asked Jack.

"Oh, I put it on the kitchen counter. I got everything out of here." Jack told me and I nodded while following him out into the kitchen where Rian's taking a drink from his water bottle.

After giving Ben some medicine, he slowly fell asleep on my shoulder. I smiled and kissed his head before setting him down on the couch that was still conveniently here. An hour later we were headed towards our new house and Ben was still passed out in his seat while Jack, the guys and I got everything inside. I carried Ben into the new house just as he was walking up.

"Daddy? Where we are?" Ben mumbled.

"We're at our new house, kiddo." I told him.

"Can I get a doggy now?" Ben asked me, lifting his head up from my shoulder to look at me.

"We'll see." I smiled at him and he kissed my cheek.

"Well look who's up!" Cassadee smiled as she walked over to us. "Feeling better, bud?"

Ben nodded happily and begged me to set him on the ground. I watched as Ben ran off in search of Jack.

"So how's the pregnancy coming along?" Cassadee, asked me.

"So far so great. The morning sickness is horrible though." I chuckled and Cassadee squeezed my shoulder.

The first night at our home was horrible. Ben would not go to sleep in his room because he insisted there was a monster hiding in his closet. It was midnight, the day had been long and I was very cranky by that point.

"Benjamin, seriously. There's nothing there." I told him and he shook his head while he sat in his bed clutching his rabbit.

"Nu uh, there something there, daddy!" Ben cried, throwing his arms up in exasperation.

"Babe, just bring him to bed with us. I'll change him when he's deep asleep." Jack mumbled tiredly from the doorway.

"Fine." I sighed and made Ben walk the short distance to Jack and I's bedroom.

Ben climbed towards the middle of the bed happily still clutching his rabbit. Jack and I got in on either side of him and I quickly fell asleep. In the morning I woke up alone in bed and I could hear Ben's giggles from downstairs and Jack's voice reaching my ears. I got up slowly from the bed and groaned when my stomach started to churn and I raced to the bathroom and knelt down in front of the toilet to spill my guts in.

"Babe, breakfast is- Oh, I forgot." Jack sighed and walked over to me, rubbing my back as I continued to gag.

Once I was done, Jack helped me up and I brushed my teeth before getting ready for the day. By the time we got downstairs Ben was still eating his breakfast slowly and I chuckled.

"Daddy, Jack said I could get doggy today." Ben told me.

"Oh, really?" I questioned while crossing my arms across my chest and looking at Jack who smiled sheepishly at me. "It's too soon kiddo, but don't worry. We're getting there."

Ben pouted and kept eating. Jack pouted too and I glared at him.

"What?" He asked and I shook his head.

"Nothing." I sighed.

"Babe, we need to finish the house before we get the Christmas things up." Jack told me as he made himself some coffee to which I pouted because no more coffee for me.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year." I sang while wiggling my eyebrows at Jack who chuckled and Ben giggled quietly.

"Such a lovely voice." Jack murmured, pressing his lips against mine.

"I'll sing to you anytime." I winked at him.

"Not in front of the child, babe." He whispered before letting his hand brush against my ass discretely.

I rolled my eyes with a laugh and noticed Ben was busy playing with his food and making voices.

The day progressed quickly and soon enough we we're almost completely done with getting everything unpacked and organized. Ben was running around the house no matter how many times I had scolded him already about how dangerous it is.

"I'm exhausted." I mumbled as I plopped down on the couch tiredly, Ben sitting down next to me.

"Same." Jack responded and sat at Ben's other side, ruffling Ben's hair.

"Can we watch a movie?" Ben asked suddenly.

"Sure kid. Which one do you want?" Jack asked as he stood up.

"Up!" Ben clapped happily and settled into my side as I wrapped an arm around him.

"Alright." Jack smiled and put the movie on before sitting down next to us.

Halfway through the movie Ben started to doze off and I saw Jack smirk from the corner of my eyes. Before I could totally comprehend what the hell he was up to, Jack's fingers found Ben's sides and started to tickle him non stop, earning squeals from Ben who laughed and tried getting away from Jack.

"S-Stop!" Ben laughed, half on my lap.

Jack and I laughed and I held Ben on my lap as Jack stopped his assault and moved closer to us, pressing a kiss to my forehead. Ben rested his head on my chest still giggling and I couldn't help but feel very happy at this moment. Everything's going great. I have amazing friends, a beautiful family and so far and amazing new life.
♠ ♠ ♠
;-; been an emotional mess all day while listening to MCR and just *sobs* i miss them man ;-;