Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Baby-shower/Birthday

I woke up this morning in a bad mood. I realized it was my birthday, but I was pregnant. My back was starting to hurt, sleeping was becoming uncomfortable and every now and then I still had morning sickness. Wearing my old clothes was impossible now and I was eating almost all the time. Though out of all my pain, I was really excited to meet my little boy.
My bedroom door opened and in walked my mom with a big smile on her face. She started to sing happy birthday to me and I sat up with a smile on my face.
"Happy birthday, Lex." My mom hugged me tight and I thanked her.
"Get changed, we're going out for breakfast and then we're taking you somewhere."
"Alright." I smiled and waited until she left to get up and get changed.
I wore an over-sized hoodie and some dark blue skinny jeans with my black converse. I walked downstairs after brushing my teeth and hair and met up with my parents who wished me a happy birthday again. My parents drove me to a small diner in town and we ate. After that they took me to the mall to walk around because mom said it was still too early. Early for what?
"I'll meet you guys here in an hour so we can go." My dad told us before he walked off to make some business calls.
"How are you feeling with the pregnancy?" Mom asked me as we walked into the women's department.
"Okay. I mean it hasn't been the best these last few months, but I'm learning to cope with everything. Vic and the guys are a great help at school and don't let me carry my backpack or books which annoys me, but I love them and I do thank them for that." I told my mom as she walked around looking at dresses for some dinner party her and dad are going to next month.
"That's great honey. I'm glad you have such nice friends. Vic and Zach especially, I know they're like your brothers."
"Yeah." I smiled.

"Mom, why are we here?" I asked looking out the window at this building usually used for parties.
"You'll see honey, now come on." My mom smiled and helped me out of the car.
We walked inside the building, the room we walked into was dark and then suddenly it was filled with light and people yelling surprise.
"Oh wow." I smiled, tearing up at the beautiful sight.
"Happy birthday, Lex." Vic smiled and pulled me into a hug.
"Thanks Vic." I hugged back and then pulled away.
I hadn't seen it, but now looking at the place, I realized that not only was it my birthday party, but also my baby shower. There was a banner that said 'It's A Boy!' over a table that had presents probably for the baby. And another table with a presents and 'Happy Birthday!' over it. My family was here along with all of my friends. Mike, Jaime, Tony, Zach, Kellin and a few others.
"Look at you, you look so cute!" My friend Jenna cooed and kissed my cheeks before hugging me and rubbing my small bump.
"Thanks Jenna." I chuckled. "Are you behind this?"
"Guilty. You can blame Vic and Zach as well though."
"Oh I will."
"Lex, come over here!" Someone called and I sighed.
"Yes?" I asked Vic who was standing there with Trent's sister.
"Anne, what are you doing here?" I asked her in shock.
"Alex, I know my brother never treated you right and even though you two aren't dating, I still want you to know that you can count on me on whatever you need. That baby's still my nephew." She smiled at me.
"Thank you." I smiled back at her.
"Anytime."
The party was going great and my mom organized a lot of games for the people to play, some including me which I didn't like much. I got a lot of presents for the baby, things that mom told me not to buy I now understood why.
By the time we went home, I was exhausted. I had been on my feet most of the time talking to the people. Vic tagged along when we went home, saying he wanted to help me put the baby things away.
"What'd you think of the party?" Vic asked happily as he folded the baby clothes.
"I really loved it, thanks Vic."

"When do you really start to show?" Kellin suddenly asked me one day during lunch and all heads turned to him. "Sorry, it's just you're not showing much."
"Dunno. Everyone's different." I replied and kept eating my lunch until the bell rang and we all headed to class.
As I was walking to class I bumped into the exchange student that arrived today for the start of the new semester. Looking up and apologizing to him, my breath was taken away by his gorgeous features. He was really handsome.
"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was heading." The guy smiled at me and I all but melted.
"No it's fine." I smiled back and held my backpack strap tightly.
"I'm Oli by the way. I'm the exchange student and I don't know many kids here." Oli commented.
"I'm Alex and welcome by the way. Where are you heading to?"
"My English class, but I'm kind of lost." He admitted with a slight blush on his cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.
"English with Mr.Brown?" I asked, ignoring the students giving us looks as they walked towards their classroom.
"Yeah. So we're in the same class?"
I nodded and we walked together, getting to know each other a bit more.
After school Oli walked me to the parking lot where my mom was waiting for me already. I turned to look at Oli and I smiled.
"It was great meeting you Oli. I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled at him.
"Same here, mate. I'll see you tomorrow. Take care Alex."
"I will and thanks." I waved at him and climbed into my mom's car.
"Who's the cute kid?" My mom asked while raising a thin brown eyebrow at me.
"Oli, he's new." I told her.
"And do you like him?"
"Mom, I just met him!" I chuckled while looking at my mom in surprise.
"What? He's cute, seems nice. Who knows."
I rolled my eyes and stared out the window as mom drove us home.

The next morning at school, Vic and I were heading to our lockers when we bumped into Oli. Well, I did. again.
"I'm so sorry." I laughed and I could see Vic shaking his head from the corner of my eyes.
"Don't worry, mate." Oli chuckled. "Seems like this is going to be our way of meeting each other."
"Yeah."
We both stood there in silence, just staring at each other until Vic cleared his throat awkwardly. I looked off to the side a bit and noticed Zach and Mike standing by Jaime and Tony's lockers.
"I'll see you after lunch, Alex." Oli finally told me and walked away.
"Geez Alex, control your hormones. You're practically drooling all over the guy." Vic spoke as we started to walk again.
"I'm pregnant, I'm sorry I get horny with every hot guy I see." I shrugged and Vic started laughing.
School was boring as usual, nothing interesting happened, well Jenna and Mike decided to ditch school after lunch. Kellin and Vic weren't talking at all which made me frown. I thought they liked each other. By the end of the day though, my mood swings were all over the place. By the time mom picked me up, I was a crying mess. Oli and I were sitting outside on a bench waiting for her and I was crying with my head in my hands and Oli rubbing my back awkwardly.
"You alright Alex? You've been crying for quite sometime now and you haven't told me what made you cry. I'm worried mate." Oli spoke a bit into my ear so the other students lingering around wouldn't hear.
"It's just... everything's going wrong! I'm not supposed to be in this situation. I should be living my teenage years like a normal teenager, not a pregnant one." I sobbed, not even realizing that I told Oliver I was expecting.
"You're pregnant? Is that why you're crying, Lex?" Oli asked gently, his hand still rubbing circles on my back.
"Y-Yeah. You don't mind hanging out with a pregnant teen, right?" I hiccuped slightly as I finally looked up at him.
"Of course not. You could have told me, Alex. No wonder your friends are so overprotective of you."
"Yeah. You're okay with me being so moody, right?"
"Of course I'm fine with it." Oli chuckled and pulled me into a hug.
"Thank you, Oli." I whispered while hugging him back.
"So how far along are you?" Oli asked after we pulled away and continued waiting for my mom.
"Heading for six months now and it's a boy." I smiled while rubbing the still small bump.
"That's great, Lex."
A car beeped and I turned to see my mom waiting for me. I smiled and both Oli and I stood up from the bench.
"See you tomorrow Oli." I told the taller male while grabbing my backpack.
"Yeah, bye Alex." Oli smiled and leaned down slightly, placing his lips against my right cheek. "Until tomorrow."
I smiled and walked off happily, getting into the car where my mom bombarded me with questions.
"We're still just friends mom, nothing more." I told her.
"Uh huh, we'll see." Mom told me and I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oli's in the picture now and there will be some Oli and Kellin drama. We can't forget that now can we?