Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

"Mayday, I'm In Trouble."

"Lex, baby." Jack whispered and shook me awake from my beautiful and peaceful sleep.

"What." I groaned and rolled over onto my side, facing away from him.

"Wake up honey. Ben and I have a surprise for you." He insisted and I sat up with a huff.

"Happy birthday!" They both cheered and I smiled when Jack pushed a tray with my breakfast on my lap and Ben handed me a teddy bear and some balloons while Jack pulled out some roses.

"Oh boys, thank you so much." I choked out as my eyes filled up with tears.

"Happy birthday, daddy. I love you." Ben smiled and kissed my cheek as he sat down next to me.

"I love you too sweetheart."

"Wait, shouldn't you guys be in school?" I asked Jack and Ben who both looked at me guiltily.

"Well since it's Friday and your birthday, I thought it'd be a great idea if we spent it together as a family." Jack spoke up.

"Alright." I smiled at them and continued eating while Ben babbled away telling us some crazy adventure him and Dylan apparently had while fighting Captain Hook and saving Peter Pan and the lost boys. I really enjoy his stories, they're my favorite part of everyday.

"So what else do you have planned?" I asked Jack curiously.

"Secret." Both Jack and Ben replied while putting a finger to their lips.

"Fine, I see how it is. While you two team up and plot against me, I'll team up with this baby and together we'll rule the world." I told them.

Ben gasped dramatically and shook his head.

"Bad daddy." He scolded me and I laughed at his pouty little face.

"We're going out later and dress nice. Oh and don't make plans for this afternoon either." Jack told me as he took the tray from me and stood up.

"I guess I have to call in sick at work today, then." I mumbled as Jack walked away with Ben trailing behind him.

After taking a shower and all that jazz, Jack, Ben and I went out as a family. We went shopping, to the movies and a whole bunch of other places and had lunch at the restaurant where I met Cassadee and Rian. Jack was acting a bit suspicious though with all the texting and phone calls he was getting. It was starting to piss me off honestly. Eventually we went home and by then I was tired and Ben was sleeping peacefully.

"Babe, don't get to comfortable, we're having people over." Jack told me as we walked inside the house, Ben in his arms.

"Jack." I whined and he just smiled.

"Come on, baby, it's your birthday. Have fun. We can have some fun later tonight." He winked at me and disappeared up the stairs.

My mom and Jack's parents were our special guests. They came over to dinner and Ben was more than happy to have both his grandmas and his grandpa here. Obviously my dad didn't come and it hurt me a lot, but I tried not to let it show. Jack and I also took the opportunity to tell my mom about the baby that was on its way and she was so excited to be a grandma again.

"And how's everything coming along dear?" Joyce asked me.

"Going great." I answered with a smile as I helped Ben with his cake.

"Um, Alex, phone call." Jack said suddenly as he stepped into the living room where we'd been sitting for almost an hour now.

"Ben, I'll be back, let Jack help you." I told the child who nodded happily and Jack took my place as I took his phone and headed up the stairs to the first room, Ben's. "Hello?"

"Just wanted to see if you two were still together, but I guess you are." My dad snarled from the other line and I sighed as I rubbed my temples.

"Look, if you hate me so much, stop calling us." I told him.

"I don't hate you, Alexander, I just want you to realize that he's not good for you!"

"Listen here dad, I love that man. I love him as much as I love Ben and as much as I love the baby that's on its way."

"You're pregnant with that man's baby?! Alexander, I thought your mother and I raised you better than this."

"Better than what. Better than a whore? A hooker? I'm not a slut and you know that. I made the mistake of having sex with Trent, but I know Jack's the one. Now please, stop bothering me. It's my life and I'm twenty one now not five." I choked out, gripping Ben's dresser tightly as I felt myself get a bit dizzy.

"Fine, but don't come crying to us when that bastard has had enough of you." And with that, the man that I had once looked up to hung up.

Tears raced down my cheeks as I gasped for oxygen a few times, trying to shake away this painful feeling in my chest.

"Lex?" Came Jack's soft voice as he entered the room. "Oh sweetie."

I felt his arms wrap around me and he lowered us to the ground. I clutched his shirt tightly and kept crying until my eyes had run out of tears. Until my lungs felt like exploding from the lack of oxygen. Until my throat became raw and my voice was almost completely gone. Jack simply held me in his arms and whispered comforting words into my ears.

"You done now, honey?" Jack asked me softly and I nodded into his chest, rubbing my aching stomach. "You feeling alright?"

"Yeah, just a small ache. It'll pass." I told Jack, my voice cracking.

"Alex-" Jack sighed and I shook my head.

"Look, I'll be fine alright!" I snapped at him and then felt guilty right away, feeling the tears spill over again. "I-I'm sorry."

Jack chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"Come on then. They're probably wondering what's taking so long."

Jack helped me stand up and he wiped away my tears before pecking my lips and leading me downstairs. My mom and Joyce looked up as we walked in and I send them a reassuring smile.

"Everything alright, boys?" Joyce asked us.

"Yeah, just an unwanted phone call." Jack replied as we sat down on the couch.

"It was your father, wasn't it?" My mom asked me and I nodded.

After my mom and Jack's parents left, I stayed in the living room going through my birthday texts that my friends had sent while Jack left to go put a sleeping Ben in bed.

From Vic: Happy birthday, Alexander! The big 21 huh? Well anyways, hope your having a great day! Love ya!![/b
From Kellin: Happy b-day bro!You're old, have you thought about retiring yet?
From Oli: Hey love, best wishes on your big day today! See ya soon! xoxo~Josh and Oli

I shook my head and smiled before sending a group text saying thanks to them and the others who sent me text. Jack walked back in and sat down next to me, pulling me into his arms as he laid down on his back.

"You know, originally I had planned to take you out to a bar to celebrate your birthday, but since we've got this little angel, things changed." Jack told me, rubbing my stomach lightly.

"Aww, you're too sweet." I chuckled and leaned up to peck his lips.

"I know I am." Jack grinned cockily and I rolled my eyes.

"Dork."

"So did you like your day? You know besides that incident."

"Yeah I really did like my birthday. Thanks, Jack." I smiled at him.

I yawned and cuddled into his chest as he held me tight and told me a random story about when he was younger. I just chuckled a bit and slowly drifted off into a dreamless sleep. When I woke up in the morning, Jack was gone and I felt terrible. I had a splitting headache and my morning sickness seemed to be a lot worse than all the other mornings. I sat up and quickly bolted to the bathroom where I fell on my knees a little hard and started puking.

"Baby?" Came Jack's voice from behind me. "Oh honey."

After a few minutes of me puking and crying, I eventually stopped and Jack helped me get back into bed after brushing my teeth.

"Do you need anything, hon?" He asked me and pushed my hair back.

"No thanks." I whispered and gave him a weak smile.

"I'll keep Ben busy, maybe even call one of the guys so I can come keep you company."

"I love you."

"Love you too sweetheart."

Jack kissed my head and left the room. I placed a hand on my stomach and sighed. I feel miserable. I just want my dad to accept my life now. I can't stand this situation.
♠ ♠ ♠
I believe I lied, there are a few more than three chapters left. Oops but yes there will be a sequel!!