Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

New Problem

It was a peaceful February day. I was at home alone with Fluffy, Ben's dog. The puppy was curled up on my lap as I watched reruns of Supernatural while waiting for Jack and Ben to get home from school. I had dropped out of college mid January due to the doctor telling me to get more rest because the babies were too small compared to average twins. So basically I'm under house arrest. I only go out when Jack or one of the guys is with me. Kellin and Vic found out they're having a girl though, so I'm happy for them. Oli and Josh promised to visit before Vic was due which would be in two months. Josh told me that Oli wanted to stay and live here for awhile.

"Are you bored, Fluffy?" I asked the puppy who looked up at me and barked once and I nodded. "Me too. So bored I'm having a conversation with you now." Two barks. "Yeah, I know I'm crazy. No need to tell me." I sighed and shook my head.

"Who were you talking to?" I heard Jack ask and Ben giggle.

"Holy shit." I jumped at the sudden voice, making the puppy fall off my lap and run over to Ben. "Don't do that you idiot."

"Sorry baby." Jack chuckled as he sat next to me and pecked my lips. "Were you talking to Fluffy or the Winchester brothers?"

"Fluffy." I mumbled. "I get so bored at home, Jack. I'm bound to go crazy eventually."

"But you are crazy." He pointed out and I smacked his arm before going over to Ben who was struggling with his jacket.

"How was school, baby?" I asked Ben as I took off his winter things.

"Fun! We gots a new teacher cause Mr.Stump left on Friday." Ben told me with a grin.

"Where did Patrick go?" I asked Jack who walked over to us to hang his jacket in the closet.

"He had a family emergency or something like that so he went back home for a month or two. And that new teacher is a she. Taylor Jardine, an old friend of mine from high school."

"Ahh." I smiled.

Ben ran off with Fluffy behind him barking happily and I went back into the living room to finish watching the episode that I was on. Jack sat down next to me and pulled me into his arms.

"I've seen this episode already." Jack commented.

"I haven't so hush." I replied, my eyes glued to the screen.

Friday arrived rather painfully. First of all, being four almost five months pregnant with twins is pure torture. I'm moody, tired, hungry and a bunch of other crap. Oh and not to mention that they kick like 24/7 now. Second of all, Jack hasn't shut up about this Taylor chick who I know now was his ex-girlfriend. And yes, Jack is still bisexual so I'm a little worried he might still have feelings for her. Oh and I've been very hormonal lately. All I do is cry most of the time especially since I'm alone for half of the day and only get the occasional visit from one of my friends before class or during their lunch break. It's been a tough week. Oh and I've been horny all week but Jack's no help at all because he's either asleep before I even go in the room or stays up really late so I'm in a crabby mood today.

"Honey, I'm home." Jack announces as he walks in through the front door with Ben and Dylan.

"Good to know, Jack." I mumble under my breath as I keep eating my latest craving, Hot Cheetos with chocolate ice cream and chocolate syrup.

"Someone's in a bad mood." Jack states as he helps the kids with their coats and shoes.

"No shit, Sherlock." I snap.

The kids ran upstairs giggling like crazy while Fluffy followed them and Jack took a seat across from me, peeking into the bowl before frowning and I cracked a small smile which made him smile in return.

"Why are you in such a bad mood? I've noticed how you're gradually gotten more and more mad all week."

"I'm just tired, Jack. I-I feel disgusting and all I do is cry and eat and I c-can't take it a-anymore." I stopped talking as tears poured out of my eyes and Jack cooed at me before moving over to sit down next to me and pull me into his arms.

"Oh baby. You should just tell me how you feel. I know this must be hard for you and all, but just remember that I'll always be here to listen to you rant and what not. I'm your boyfriend, almost husband, I'm here for you and everything you need whether it's a silly craving or you want to runaway for a few days and forget everything here. I love you." Jack told me as he kissed my forehead and I nodded, wiping away my tears.

"I'm fine now. Thanks." I told him and pecked his lips. "Can we cuddle after dinner and be all cute and romantic and what not because I'm feeling like a teenage school girl with her first boyfriend."

"I would love too babe, but I promised Tay I'd take her out to a bar today." Jack told me and I pulled away from him angrily. "But I can cancel and stay with you."

"No don't. I'm no one's second plans. Just go have fun because your whale of a boyfriend isn't important." I spat out and threw the empty plate in the sink before marching up the stairs to my room where I collapsed on my bed crying.

Awhile later I woke up to Jack opening drawers and muttering a few curse words under his breath. I just pulled the blankets higher up and attempted to fall asleep, but I really had to pee at that exact moment. I sat up with a bit of difficulty and walked into the bathroom. When I walked out Jack was gone and I sighed sadly. Sitting back down on my bed, I pulled out my phone and noticed a text from Vic and missing call from Josh.

"Hey, I'm leaving." Came Jack's voice from the doorway and I nodded still staring down at my phone. "I left you some dinner in the fridge and the kids are watching TV in Ben's room. I'll be back later."

"Just go." I whispered.

"Don't wait up." Jack sighed and left the room.

I walked out of the room and into Ben's where they were watching Spongebob and Fluffy was curled up on the bed between them. I smiled and Ben ran over to me, hugging me and patting my belly.

"Hi daddy, Jack said you no felt good. Are babies being good?" He asked me curiously and I nodded.

"Yes honey. The babies are sleeping right now." I told him.

Ben giggled quietly and went back to the bed.

"I'll be downstairs if you need me, alright boys?" I told them and they both nodded.

I smiled and walked towards the stairs. I was halfway down when the doorbell rang and I groaned before hurrying up and walking towards the front door. I opened it and smiled when I found Josh and Oli standing there.

"Oh my gosh you guys! When did you get here?! Why didn't you tell me?!" I yelled while pulling them into a hug and they chuckled.

"We got here in the morning and we wanted it to be a surprise, though Josh did call you earlier but you didn't answer. Then Vic texted you but you didn't answer so we came over to check on you. You alright, love?" Oli asked as I let them inside.

"Fine, just being hormonal. Where are you guys staying?" I asked them as we sat in the living room.

"At a hotel for the moment, but Oli's looking for an apartment nearby." Josh spoke up.

"So you guys are planning to live here for awhile?"

"Yep."

"Daddy." Ben whined and he walked down the stairs with Dylan and Fluffy following behind. "Oli! Josh!"

"Hey kiddo!" They both greeted as Ben ran over to hug them, Dylan standing next to me awkwardly while I lifted up Fluffy and set him on my lap.

"Daddy, can Dylan and I have ice cream?" Ben asked me as he stood in front of me.

"Sure kids." I told them and they cheered before running into the kitchen.

"I'll go give them the ice cream." Oli offered and I thanked him.

"Where's Jack? Usually he'd be attached to your side, especially now with the babies and what not." Josh asked me, turning a bit to face me.

"We had a fight because he went to a bar with his ex-girlfriend who now works in the same classroom as him. And you know, me being pregnant I tend to over exaggerate things." I told Josh who gave me a sad smile.

"Everything will be fine though because Jack loves you and he probably won't ever look at his ex like the way he looks at you."

"Anyways, how's Vic? I haven't seen him in awhile." I asked Josh just as Oli walked back into the room.

"He's doing fine, but he's mad at you because you haven't called or texted him or anything." Oli responded, pulling Josh into his side.

"Well it works both ways. He doesn't have to depend on me to contact him. He can just as easily pick up his phone or make Kellin drive him over." I shrugged.

"He did text you earlier though but you didn't answer him."

"Well I was sleeping off my anger."

It was really late at night when Jack came into our bedroom stumbling and knocking things over. I sighed and tried going to sleep, but I felt the bed dip and Jack's nasty alcohol stench hit my nose, making me want to puke all over the bed. He started kissing my neck and I tried moving away.

"Jack seriously, get the hell away from me." I sighed and tried shoving him away.

"Aww babe, but I need you." He slurred, pulling the blankets away from me and attempting to take off my pants.

"Jack, stop!" I cried, feeling tears prick at my eyes.

"Fuck, Lex-"

"Just go fucking sleep on the couch." I mumbled before getting up and walking into the bathroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh look, drama ^.^