Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Baby Shower Blues

It was mid February when I noticed something suspicious going in with everyone. Jack was always on the phone with Jenna, Josh and Oli talking about something. There mysterious ways were making nervous.

"Babe, you feeling okay? You look pale." Jack commented one Saturday after we had breakfast.

"Not really." I sighed while rubbing my forehead. "I have a headache and the babies won't stop kicking."

"You should go rest. It's not good to be on your feet so much anyway." Jack told me while massaging my shoulders.

"Yeah, don't forget to pick up Ben at Dylan's house in an hour." I told Jack who nodded and kissed me softly.

"No worries. Now go rest. You really need it."

I pouted and walked up the stairs to our room. Laying down on my bed I realized how tired I really was even though it was like nine in the morning. I was awakened sometime later by Ben getting on the bed and kissing my cheek softly.

"Hey buddy. Have fun at Dylan's?" I asked Ben while wrapping my arms around him and holding him as close to me as possible.

"Fun." Ben grinned nuzzled his head into my neck.

Jack walked in and smiled at us before he too joined us on the bed, his arms wrapping around us.

"Lex, why don't you get changed into something nice. We're going out in a bit." Jack told me, kissing the back of my neck a few times.

"Jack." I whined. "I don't want to go out."

"Too bad."

An hour later Jack was driving us to the same building where my baby shower was held four almost five years ago. I looked over at Jack who smiled at me innocently.

"Jack, what are-" I began to ask but he hushed me.

"Trust me babe. You'll love this." Jack grinned and found a parking spot next to my mom's car.

We got out of the car and into the cold February air. Delicate snow flakes falling from the sky at a slow pace. Ben held my hand as Jack lead us inside the building. Ben giggled beside me and I looked down at him. Walking into the familiar room, I noticed the place decorated with both pink and blue along with all our friends and family.

"Surprise Alex!" They all yelled and I felt myself tearing up before turning around and hugging Jack and thanking him.

"You're welcome babe. Now come on." Jack kissed my temple and lead me further inside with Ben still holding onto me.

"The biggest present on the table is mine!" Jenna grinned as she pulled me into a hug.

"Thanks Jenna." I chuckled and hugged her back.

"At least it's not your birthday this year." Vic teased me as he walked over to us.

"I know. Though it's his birthday next month, we should have just combined it." I joked while motioning to Ben who ran over to May and Joe who were walking in along with Jack's parents.

"Alex, my dear brother in law!" May cheered and pulled me into a hug before handing me two presents. "Can't wait for my little niece and nephew to be born!"

"Yeah, I can't wait either. They're heavy and rude." I told her, making the others laugh.

"Hey, who's that?" Cassadee asked as she joined our little group.

We all looked over to see a girl with dark brown hair and pale skin talking to Jack and Joe by the table that held all the presents.

"That's Taylor. Jack's ex-girlfriend almost fiance." May answered, glaring at Taylor.

"So that's the infamous Taylor." I mumbled while looking at the way she laughed and smiled at Jack. Every gesture she made was a flirty one and Jack simply smiled at her as Joe spoke and got them to laugh.

"Alex, why don't you go sit honey. You look tired. You too, Victor." My mom spoke up and both Vic and I nodded before going over to a table where Josh was talking with Mike and his girlfriend, Alana.

"So whose the chick hanging to your man?" Mike asked me as we sat down.

"Taylor, she substituted for a teacher where Jack works and apparently she was almost his fiance. I knew they dated, Jack never told me how serious they really were." I mumbled and thanked my mom who brought me a plate of food.

"And she doesn't seem to get the idea that he's taken." Alana commented, making me hum in agreement.

After eating I got up and walked around greeting everyone when Jenna walks up to me with a smile and a girl with bright orange hair next to her.

"Lex, I want you to meet Hayley. I met her at my little time at college. Hayley, meet my best friend Alex." Jenna introduced us.

"Nice to meet you Hayley." I smiled at the girl who shook my hand.

"Same! I met your son, Ben, and he's so adorable!" She giggled.

"Thanks."

The door opened and I looked over to see Trent. I frowned and walked over to him.

"What the hell are you doing here." I hissed quietly.

"Now babe, no need to be rude to me. I heard that today was your baby shower and I wanted to drop by and say hi to the family. You know, my ex mother in law oh and I'm sorry about your daddy. I heard he's dying." Trent told me.

"You bastard. I want you out of here. Now." I told him, resisting the urge to slap him.

"Trent, what the hell are you doing here?" Jack growled as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Jack, always a pleasure seeing you. I'll be leaving now before you all gang up on me and beat me to death." Trent grinned and left.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I mumbled and started heading to the bathroom when Taylor walked out of the girls bathroom.

"You're Alex, right?" She asked me as she leaned against the wall casually.

"Yes and you're Taylor." I told her.

"You know Alex, I don't like you."

"Same. Ever since you decided to show up, you took Jack away from me. You practically pushed him away from his family. I know that you and him dated. And correct me if I'm wrong, but you still like my boyfriend. Don't you?" I asked her and she laughed like the bitch she is.

"Why do you think I'm back? I was determined to get him back, but then I found out that he had a boyfriend, a step-kid and two kids on the way. Guess what though. That's not stopping me."

"You're such a bitch. Are you that desperate that you're willing to destroy a family?" I asked her angrily.

"Not desperate, honey. I'm in love with him. And you know something? He's going to forget about you because he doesn't deserve to have a whale for a boyfriend. Hell, he doesn't deserve you because you're nothing but a piece of sh-"

"Taylor, I see you met Alex." I heard Jack speak as he walked over to us and I looked down at the ground as my eyes glazed over with tears.

"Yeah, he's such a cutie Jack." Taylor lied and I stormed past them and into the party room.

"Alex, what's wrong?" Josh asked me as he walked over to me.

"Taylor's a bitch." I mumbled and hugged him tight.

"What'd she do?" He questioned as he rubbed my back.

I explained to Josh what Taylor said to me and I started crying quietly into his shoulder. Josh simply kept rubbing my back and kept sending worried people away with a simple, "His hormones are all over the place right now." They'd nod and leave. Everyone but Jack. He kept insisting on knowing what was wrong and tried pulling me away from Josh, but I simply refused and hugged my friend tighter.

"Jack honey, just leave him alone. Give him some space." I heard Joyce speak up and Jack sighed before walking away.

"Come on, let's go sit down and not keep making this into a show." Josh murmured in my ear and lead me to an empty table.

We sat down and he handed me a tissue. I saw Ben running around happily playing with Dylan. Vic walked over to us with a worried look and pulled up a chair in front of me. He placed a hand on my knee and gave it a squeeze.

"What's wrong?" Vic asked just as Kellin appeared behind him, setting his hands on Vic's shoulders.

"T-Taylor said somethings to me." I stuttered out as I wiped away the remainder of my tears.

"What did that bitch say?" Kellin growled.

"Said I wasn't worth Jack's time and all this other none sense. You know I wouldn't believe her, but in the s-state I'm in-" I started to cry again and Josh cooed before pulling me into his arms again.

The day wore on, but my mood had long gone sour because of Taylor. She had left almost instantly after talking to me. Jack didn't know about our conversation and I didn't know if I should tell him because I was afraid he wouldn't believe me. Some people started to leave after I had opened the presents and I was helping my mom, Jack's mom and Josh clean up. Vic and Kellin had already left. Ben walked up to me with Dylan on toll and I smiled down at the two little boys.

"Hi kids, what's up?" I greeted them as I threw the trash in the trash can.

"Daddy, we want to go home." Ben whined.

"I know sweetheart, me too. Why don't you guys go sit somewhere and here. Play with my phone just don't make phone calls." I said while handing them my phone. Ben took it greedily and ran off with Dylan.

"You feeling alright?" Jack asked me as he walked up to me. We hadn't talked since Joyce had told him to leave me along.

"Not really." I sighed and placed a hand on my stomach as I reached across the table to grab my water bottle.

"Care to tell me what happened or do I have to guess?"

"You won't believe me." I mumbled, looking into his eyes.

"Babe, just tell me no matter how crazy it is." Jack urged me.

"Taylor and I talked, well more like argued. She told me some things about you not wanting me because I'm nothing but a whale and other shit that hurt me. She said she was still in love with you." I told Jack, my eyes stinging with tears yet again.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry she said that to you. You're not a whale. You're beautiful and I love you and only you. Taylor can go be crazy somewhere else because I'll never love her as much as I love you." Jack told me as he cupped my face in his hands and leaning down to peck my lips a few times.

"I love you too." I whispered and felt Jack's thumbs wipe away my tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright so this was more like a filler because Alex had to meet Taylor some way, right? Anyways yeah I'm too awkward for these note thingys