Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Early Arrival

June arrives quickly and with it my anxiety about the babies coming into the world in less than three weeks. Today is Jack and Ben's last day of school for the summer so they'll be gone half of the morning and for some weird unexplainable reason I'm nervous and scared.

"We'll be home later, baby. Don't do anything stupid and don't go out." Jack warned me as we stood by the front door.

"I won't. I'll be fine and I promise. Now go before you two are late on your first day." I told Jack who smiled and leaned in to kiss my lips.

"Bye daddy!" Ben waved from where he was standing by Jack's car.

"Bye sweetie!" I called back and watched them drive away before I went back inside.

I groaned in pain a few minutes later, but otherwise thought nothing of it and just decided to lay down on the couch. Not the best place, but I really can't be going up and down the stairs all the time. It's around an hour or so later when the pain gets stronger and that's when I realize that the children are coming and fuck I am terrified because I'm home alone. Grabbing my phone I quickly dial Josh's number and wait for him to answer me.

"Hello?" He answers sleepily and I almost feel guilty, but then I don't because I am in pain and I just want these kids out of me.

"J-Josh, the babies. Coming." I panted as I held my stomach and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Shit, Lex. I'm on my way mate!" Josh yells and hangs up.

I don't wait long and when Josh arrives I'm glad Oli's with him. They both get me into the car and drive off to the hospital, Oli driving and Josh sitting in the back with me and trying to get a hold of Jack. The whole way to the hospital I'm screaming at Oli to drive faster, but he's already going over the speed limit and Josh tries getting me to calm down, but it doesn't work since I just want to smack him across the face right at this moment.

~~~Jack's POV~~~

It was around ten in the morning when Patrick was reading the kids a story that I decided to check my phone. I frowned when I noticed I had about ten missed calls from Josh, three from Oli and two from Kellin and Vic.

"Shit." I whispered and quickly dialed Josh's number.

"Jack, finally!" Josh yells.

"Sorry, but- anyways, what's up? Did something happen?" I asked while trying not to be too loud, but really, my heart is fucking pounding in my chest in fear.

"Get your fat arse to the hospital, mate. Your husband's about to give birth to your children!"

"What?! Now?! Um, I'll be there quickly then. How long do I have?" I questioned Josh as I packed my things.

"Probably half an hour. They still need to prep him for the c-section and his doctor's helping another patient, so you have a few minutes."

"Alright. We'll be there quick." I hung up and put my phone in my back pocket before looking up to see the entire class looking at me.

"Everything alright, Mr.Barakat?" Patrick asked me.

"Uh no, I mean, I don't know. Benji, we're leaving kiddo you get to meet your siblings in about an hour." I told the child who smiled and ran up to me, careful not to step on Dylan.

"Really?!" He exclaimed happily and I nodded, watching as he grabbed his backpack.

"You don't mind staying with the kids, right?" I asked Patrick who smiled and shook his head.

"Course not. I'll drop by later."

"Thanks." I smiled at him. "Kids, I hope you have a happy summer, stay safe and hopefully I'll see you guys around next year." I smiled at them.

"Bye Mr.B!" They yelled.

Ben grabbed my hand and waved goodbye to his classmates before we headed out into the early June sun. The drive to the hospital was filled with excitement, since Ben wouldn't shut up about meeting his new siblings and such. I smiled and kept listening to him blabber on and on. We raced into the hospital and found Josh, Oli, Kellin and Vic in the waiting room. Ben ran over to Oli and kept his chattering away. Vic chuckled and I looked at them awaiting on news.

"Oh, they're getting him ready but the doctor said you could go right into the room when you got here. I would hurry though, they just had to wait for the anesthesia to kick in." Josh told me and I nodded before he gave me directions as to where to go.

I walked into the room and a nurse smiled at me while I walked over to Alex who was looking at me happily though he actually looked like a wreck. I kissed Alex's forehead and held his hand, looking into his eyes and talking to him as we waited a bit. Ten minutes later after making sure Alex really was numb and wouldn't feel anything, the first cry broke through the air and I felt my eyes tear up as I looked over to see a nurse holding one of my babies.

"And we have our first born. It's a girl!" The doctor told us with a smile before going back to get the other twin who cried a lot louder than his sister as the cold air hit his skin. "And your little boy!"

I looked over at Alex who looked up at me with teary eyes like mine. I leaned down and pecked his lips, mumbling an I love you to his lips.

"Would you guys like to hold them for a bit?" A nurse asked us and we both nodded.

I got the girl while Alex got the boy and I smiled down at my little angels. We got to hold them for a bit before they took them to make sure they were healthy and cleaned properly.

"Alright, so do you guys have names for the children?" The nurse whose name is Molly asked us happily.

"Yeah. For the boy we'd like to name him Asher Lee Barakat." I told the nurse who wrote it down and smiled.

"And for the girl Angelica Marie Barakat." Alex responded.

"Very well. Alex will get sent back to his room in a few minutes but meanwhile, why don't you step out and tell your family, Jack?" Molly told us and I nodded.

"I'll see you in a bit." I told Alex and walked out of the room as they were still stitching him up.

I walked into the waiting room probably looking like Kellin did when he walked out of Vic's room two months ago. Ben ran up to me and I picked him up, kissing his cheek as he asked me about his siblings.

"We'll see them in a bit." I told Ben who nodded.

"How are they?" Kellin asked me.

"They're fine. Angie was born first and then Ash." I stated proudly.

Ben and I walked back into the room and Alex smiled, making grabby hands over at Ben who hugged his dad carefully.

"Where babies daddy?" Ben asked as I helped him sit on the bed, telling him to be careful.

I was just about to answer when the door opened and two nurses walked in with the babies. I took Asher this time and Alex took Angelica. Ben waved at the nurses and who waved at Ben and then left.

"Buddy, meet Asher, your little brother." I said while lowering the baby down to his height.

"Hi Ashie, I'm Ben." Ben introduced himself with a big smile, giggling when Asher opened his eyes momentarily.

"And this is Angelica." Alex told Ben.

"Girls are icky." Ben said while sticking his tongue out and I chuckled while Alex simply rolled his eyes.

Molly walked in with a smile and her eyes locked with Ben who waved at her. He's so friendly today.

"Hi little guy, what's your name?" Molly asked him.

"I'm Benjamin Gaskarth." Ben stated proudly as he held his hand out to my surprise and Alex's.

"Well hello Ben, I'm Molly." She said and shook Ben's tiny hand. "So Ben is only your son, Alex?"

"Yeah." Alex answered.

"Alright, so both your babies are perfectly healthy so nothing to worry about. Ash is a bit smaller than Angie, but that's nothing to worry about. Still, we'll keep an eye on the babies for the time that they're here."

"Thank you Molly." I told her and watched her leave before the others walked into the room, Ben smiling at them.

"They're so small." Josh cooed as he took the boy from me and let Oli take a peek who smiled down at the newborn.

"Well duh, Josh. They're newborn babies. They're not going to be born Ben's size." Alex replied sarcastically.

"Rude." Josh pouted and looked down at the baby before saying, "Your dad's rude to me."

"Now now children, no fighting." Vic interfered and took Angie carefully.

"Did someone bother calling my mother?" Alex asked suddenly.

"Oops. I haven't called mine either." I shrugged and took my phone out to call my mother and mother-in-law.

"Hi sweetie, shouldn't you be at work?" My mom asked me and I stepped out into the hall.

"I should be, but Alex went into labor a few weeks early and I'm at the hospital with my husband and three children." I smiled.

"They were born?! Oh sweetie, we'll be right over as soon as possible!" My mom squealed in happiness.

"Yeah, thanks mom. I gotta go though. I still need to call Alex's parents."

"Alright Jack. See you soon." My mom hung up and I called Alex's mom before heading back into the room.

Later after they all left the room and the babies were sleeping in their respective "cribs", Ben was sitting on the ground coloring while Alex took a nap. I sat on the chair next to Alex's bed watching TV. Alex woke up sometime later and I walked over to him, kissing his forehead.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"Tired. How are the babies?" Alex asked me with a yawn.

"Still sleeping, though they should be waking up soon." I told him.

A knock on the door made us all draw our attention over to it just as it opened and in walked my mom and dad along with May and Joe.

"Hey boys." My mom greeted us.

"Hi." Alex smiled.

"Grandma, grandpa! Come see my baby brother and sister!" Ben exclaimed as he took each of their hands and dragged them over to where the babies were resting.

I chuckled and Joe patted my shoulder as him and May congratulated us.

"Any more babies in the future?" My mom asked us as she held Angie after she woke up screaming her lungs out.

"Not now, but maybe when they're all older." Alex responded.

"Well you boys have a beautiful family." May told smiled.

"Thanks sis. I really do have the most beautiful family ever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Two more chapters left!! ^.^