Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Begin Again

It's been another month. And this time around Kellin's happy because I'm showing a lot more now. Like I woke up one morning and my stomach wasn't that small anymore and I started crying because seeing my stomach much bigger made my situation so much more real. The idea of being a parent finally dawned on me and I just can't wait anymore.

"I'll pick you up at noon, sound good?" Oli asked me as he walked me to my mom's car.
"Sounds great. I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled and leaned up to peck his lips and then got into my mom's car with a smile.
Once we got home, mom started making dinner while I went up to my room to leave my school things. Oli and I finally decided to give us a try earlier this week. It happened while we waited for my mom to pick me up and he kissed me on the lips then asked me out for this Saturday.
"I'm gonna need a bigger room." I groaned as I looked at my room and seeing all of the baby things crowding the small space.
"Sweetie, we've talked about this. The baby will take the guest room." My mom spoke up, scaring me in the process.
"I know, but look at all this junk. We really need to start working on the room then. I'm six months along, what if the baby comes early?" I panicked.
"Alex, calm down. Don't think like that alright? How about we fix the room next weekend and you can invite your friends to help you out? How does that sound?"
"Thanks mom, I love you."

Saturday arrived quickly and I was putting on my sweater when the doorbell rings and I open it, smiling when Oli steals a quick kiss.
"Ready to go baby?" He asked.
"Yeah, just let me get my phone first." I told him and walked into the kitchen, grabbing my phone and house keys from the counter top. "Let's roll."
Oli chuckled and he opened the car door for me, helping me get in. Oli got in a minute later and he started driving towards the mall.
"How was your doctor's appointment yesterday?" Oli asked.
"It went great. I got a new picture of the baby, wanna see?" I asked Oli as he pulled up at a red light and pulled out the picture.
"Now he's starting to look like an actual baby." Oli commented and I agreed. "What month are you due?"
"March." I answered.
We reached the mall five minutes later and Oli helped me out of his car. I struggled a bit, but eventually managed. Oli held my hand as we walked around the mall and eventually reached the Cafe Oli wanted to take me. He ordered coffee for himself and I got some hot chocolate. After getting our order, we sat down at a small table and started to talk about our lives as kids.
"How long have you known Vic? I've noticed that you two are like attached to the hip." Oli spoke up after taking a drink from his coffee.
"I met Vic at a daycare center when we were both around three. Our parents became friends and then we became friends and since then we've been like Batman and Robin in a way." I replied.
"That's pretty cool that you guys are still friends." Oli smiled, taking my free hand in his.
"How long are you going to be here for Oli?"
"My parents thought it'd be great for me to stay here until the end of this school year, but I don't want to leave you behind."
"I know Oli. I don't want you to go either." I stated sadly while looking down at my drink.
"Hey, don't be sad alright? Lets just enjoy our time here together. We'll talk more about the subject when the time comes."
I nodded in agreement. After we finished our drinks, we started to walk around the mall, occasionally getting stopped by nosy people asking how far along I was and what the baby's gender is. We walked into a baby store because Oli insisted on buying something for the baby. I laughed at all the things Oli wanted to buy for the baby. He's really excited for the baby to get here and he's not even the father.
"What about this?" Oli asked me as he held up a blue stuffed bear.
"I like it." I told him while kissing his cheek in approval.
After paying for the toy, Oli and I continued our walk through the mall. The place was crowded since Christmas is almost here.
"Hey, are you free next weekend?" I asked Oli as we headed for the exist.
"Yeah, why?" Oli asked me.
"I want to start working on the baby's room and my mom said I could call whoever I want to help. Will you help me?" I pouted up at him.
"Of course I will, love. Who else are you gonna call?"
"Vic and Zach. Maybe Kellin. Maybe not." I shrugged.
As Oli dropped me off, he gave me one last kiss before I unlocked the door and he drove off. I smiled happily and walked upstairs to my room with the stuffed toy in my hands. Oli's a gentleman. A real gentleman.

I woke up the next morning to an excited baby kicking me at full force. I winced in pain every now and then as I tried getting him to calm down. Eventually by breakfast the baby seemed to be asleep since he wasn't moving much, just the occasional flutter here and there.
"Alex."
"Yeah dad?" I looked up at my father who was looking at me intensely.
"I heard you went out on a date yesterday. Care to share?"
I looked up at my mom who was looking at me guiltily and gave me an encouraging smile. I sighed and turned back to look at my dad who was still staring at me.
"Yes I did. His name is Oli and no he's not from the area." I answered the basic questions he always asks me.
"I'd like to meet him someday, boy."
"Don't worry dad."

School was a different story. Trent found out about Oli and I and he decided it'd be fun to beat him up a bit. After that Oli was put in a bad mood and I decided to stay away from him. Kellin and Oli seemed to be mad at each other about something as well. It was after school when everything went down. Vic and I were at my locker putting my things away when Jenna ran over to us looking frightened.
"Jenna what's wrong?" Vic asked.
"Oli and Kellin are fighting out in the back of the school."
"What? Oh my gosh. Jenna, take us over there." I pleaded the blonde haired girl who nodded and took us over to the scene where some students were already there.
Sure enough Oli and Kellin kept throwing punches and kicks at each other.
"Oliver!" I yelled while tears blurred my vision.
"Kellin!" Vic yelled in shock and Mike along with Zach tried breaking up the fight.
"What's- Oh." Jaime spoke from beside me, placing a hand on my back.
Zach managed to hold Oliver back and Mike helped Kellin off of the ground. Oli turned to look at me and his anger turned to shock before his face softened. I shook my head as tears fell from my eyes and Vic took me away from the scene. Some kids murmured about what a dick both were.
"Lex, you alright?" Vic asked me gently as we walked over to his car.
I nodded though from all of the emotions I've been having through the day, it was starting to take a toll on me.
"Alex!" I heard Oli yell and I saw him run over to us.
"Oli, not now." Vic warned him but Oli practically pushed Vic aside.
"What? This is the second time you get into a fight today, Oliver." I cried while placing a hand on my bump as the baby started to kick a lot.
"I know and I'm so sorry you had to see that again, Lex. Baby, please don't be mad at me." Oli begged but I couldn't look at his bloody and bruised face.
Kellin ran in and Vic shook his head at his crush. Zach walked over to us still angry at both boys and stood next to me, putting his arm around me as I just looked down at the ground.
"Look, both of you give him some space. He's been through a lot today and this isn't good for the baby." Jenna spoke up suddenly making me jump.
"Alright." Oli sighed defeated.
Jenna grabbed my hand and led me to her car, helping me into the passenger seat with Vic in the back.
"Can we not go to my house." I asked her.
"Sure, Lex. Wanna go over to mine? My parents are at work." Jenna offered and I nodded while rubbing my bump, the baby still kicking.
When we reached Jenna's place, we all walked up to her room and I laid down on her bed tiredly. Vic sat down next to me while Jenna pulled up the chair from her desk and she held my hand, rubbing circles on my skin with her thumb.
"Do you guys know why they were fighting?" I asked quietly, though somehow I was afraid of the answer.
"You're not going to like this at all, Lex." Jenna stated, squeezing my hand.
"Just please tell me." I pleaded them, not taking my eyes away from the ceiling.
"Fine. Kellin saw Oli kissing this girl Kellin really liked. Kellin got angry because well, Oli was cheating on you and because he took the girl he wanted." Vic answered.
"Oli was what?"
"He cheated on you, honey." Jenna concluded.
How could Oli do this to me? I thought we were doing great.
"Get him on the phone for me." I told them while sitting up with Vic's help.
Jenna quickly dialed Oli's number and she put it on speaker.
"Hello?" Came Oli's thick accent from the other line.
"We need to talk." I demanded, grabbing Vic's hand.
"Baby-"
"No no, let me talk. Why the hell would you kiss someone that's not me."
"Who told you?"
"Does it matter? You cheated on me, Oli. We were only together for a damn week!" I cried.
"Were?"
"Yeah, don't think that I'm just going to forgive you for everything that happened today. You showed me your true colors."
"Alex, love, please-"
"Just leave it, Oli." Jenna spoke up as I buried my face into Vic's neck.
"Alright, but I won't give up. I'll keep fighti-" Oli's voice was cut off by Jenna hanging up.
"Relax, honey." Jenna cooed as she rubbed my leg.
"I should just give up on love." I sniffled, wrapping an arm around Vic's waist.
"Don't think like that, bud. You're still young and you don't see me giving up on Kellin even though he's pretty much turned into a player." Vic told me as he squeezed my side gently, resting his head on mine.
"He's right, honey. Look, you'll find someone, just maybe not now. But someday." Jenna spoke with a soft smile on her face.
Oli, he really knew how to dig himself into my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update!! I'll aim for a third one tonight!!! :3