Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

Approve

"You are picking Ben up after school, right?" Alex asked me for millionth time that day.

"Yes. Yes and yes." I replied a bit angrily. "Can't you like trust me for once in your life?"

Alex gave me a look, but before he could say anything else Jaime and Tony walked over to us arguing about some dumb video game. I rolled my eyes and continued my conversation with Alex who seemed distracted about something which perked my curiosity.

"Gaskarth, something's up with you. Why are you so spacey? You're acting like when you started... to like... Oli. Oh my gosh you have a crush on someone! Spill!" I urged him while Jaime and Tony looked at Alex excitedly.

"Fine. It's Ben's teacher-"

"Ew. He's probably old and bald." Jaime joked earning a smack from Tony.

"Let him talk, dude." Tony hissed.

"Anyways, he's just- he's just so different from the other guys I went out with. He's nice and not to mention hot." Alex spoke, a blush spreading over his cheeks and I laughed.

"I'll be the judge of that lover boy." I teased him.

Kellin drove to Ben's school and I got out to go get Ben. The guy who I assumed was Mr.Barakat was walking out with a couple of children and handing them off to their parents. He smiled at me when I reached him and I smiled back.

"Hmm, you are hot." I mumbled.

"May I help you?" He asked me.

"I'm here for Benjamin Gaskarth, I'm Vic." I introduced myself to him.

"Jack and I'll be right-"

"Mr.Barakat!" Yelled a little boy and we both turned to see a boy with dark brown hair and wide green eyes run over to us.

"Dylan, what's wrong?" Jack asked as he knelt down in front of the little boy.

"Tyler said mean things to Ben and pushed him down the slide!" Dylan cried and we ran towards the playground where Ben was laying on the ground crying with who I assumed this Tyler kid standing beside him, a smirk on his fat face.

"U-Uncle Vic!" Ben cried as he sat up slowly and lifted his arms up, giving me a peek at a cut on his elbow.

"Oh kiddo. It's okay." I cooed while lifting him up in my arms and holding him tight against my chest as he continued to cry.

Kellin walked over to us and his smile faded when he saw Ben crying in my arms. Jack was telling Tyler's parents after having scolded the chubby kid. Kellin's arm wrapped around my waist as he brushed away Ben's tears.

"What happened, Benji?" Kellin asked him.

All Ben did was cry so I told Kellin what Dylan had told us and Kellin frowned.

"Alex won't like this at all." Kellin mumbled.

"Kellin, hush. Just take Ben to the car, I'll be there soon, yeah?" I told Kellin and pecked his lips while handing the kid to him.

"Alright. Come on, Benji." Kellin walked off with Ben waving goodbye to Dylan and I smiled.

"Dylan, your parents are here." Jack told Dylan who nodded, waved at me and then ran off.

"Jack, is this the first time Tyler bothers Ben like that?" I asked the teacher who sighed and shook his head.

"It started yesterday when Dylan and Ben sat down at a table together and wouldn't let Tyler join their club. After that Tyler kept bugging Ben about every little thing the poor boy did. And when it came down to their reading activity, since Ben is a bit of a slow reader and stumbles on his words a bit, Tyler made fun of him for that. I've done and said things to Tyler to make him stop, but he just won't listen." Jack sighed and I nodded in understanding.

"Don't be surprised if Ben doesn't come tomorrow, Alex can be a little bit too overprotective, worries himself until he's sick and- in simple terms he can exaggerate just a tiny bit." I told Jack who simply laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll understand."

"Alright. I gotta go though. I'll see you around, Jack."

"Goodbye Vic."

I walked back to the car quickly and climbed into the backseat with Ben who whimpered in pain. I gently cradled Ben in my arms and occasionally caught Kellin's longing gaze in the mirror. I sent him a small smile and he returned it as we eventually reached the apartment. Kellin took Ben while I grabbed the boy's backpack and walked up the stairs to the apartment.

"You should clean his cuts." Kellin told me and I nodded before taking Ben into the bathroom and setting him on the counter.

"Sweetie, besides this boo-boo here, does it hurt anywhere else?" I asked Ben as I disinfected the cut and placed band-aids on it.

"Hewe." Ben sniffled and lifted his shirt up, revealing some scratches a a bruise on his stomach.

"Oh baby, your daddy's going to faint when he sees this." I told Ben who giggled quietly.

"I'm home!" Came Alex's voice and a yelp from Kellin.

Ben looked at me with wide eyes and his tiny hands covered his mouth as he held in giggles and I smiled while ruffling his hair. I wiped away the remainder of his tears and picked him up gently before walking out to the living room where Alex was setting his school things down.

"Hey guy- What happened?" Alex rushed over to us and took Ben from my arms.

"Some kid pushed him in the playground." I told Alex who sighed and held Ben tightly.

"Oh baby, are you alright?" Alex went on and on asking similar questions which only earned chuckles from Ben.

"Alex, seriously calm down. You act worse than a mother hen." I told my friend who looked at me with a glare and I stepped back.

"I'm sorry, it's just I don't want something bad to happen to my baby." Alex pouted while pressing his cheek against Ben's.

"Whatever. I meet Mr.Hottie." I told Alex who's eyes widened.

"And?"

"I approve." I smirked and walked into the kitchen where Kellin was looking for something to drink. "We should get Alex and Ben's teacher to hook up." I whispered in his ear.

"We should, but how's that going to work? You know Alex hates it when we meddle in his love life and we barely know this Jack dude." Kellin told me, his arms wrapping around my waist.

"Hey, I have my ways. Besides, Ben can help us out."

"Help out with what?" Alex asked as he walked into the kitchen.

"With the Halloween decorations and buying the candy." I answered, earning a 'WTF' expression from Kellin.

"Halloween? It's still a little over a month in a half away." Alex told us suspiciously.

"I know. Better early than to procrastinate, Mr.I'll-Do-It-At-The-Last-Minute."

"That was one year and besides, he was still only months old."

"You do procrastinate a lot, Lex." Kellin said seriously.

"Alright, fine I admit it. I procrastinate. Happy?"

"Very." I smirked.

"You know what you two need?" Alex asked us, leaning against the other counter.

"According to you, what do we need?" Kellin mumbled, resting his chin against my shoulder as we both stared at Alex.

"A place of your own, and your own freaking child to keep you busy and away from me."

"Well, I see where we're not wanted. Kellin, let's go eat somewhere and be away from Mr.Sour."

"Alright babe. Bye Lex. Bye Benji" Kellin yelled as we headed for the door.

"Bye!" Ben yelled back.

As Kellin and I walked over to his car, he suddenly stopped me and pinned me against one of the hallway walls. I blinked at him in surprise and he leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back, but then he pulled away quickly.

"You know Alex is right." Kellin suddenly spoke, placing kisses on my neck.

"About?" I asked him nervously.

"About having our own kid."

"Kellin, I'm not sure. We just started dating like two months ago." I whispered out.

"So? Alex was only with Trent for two weeks before they had sex and made Benji. Besides, we're older and they weren't and I'll never leave you and our child behind." Kellin told me sincerely, his eyes staring deep into mine.

"Alright." I smiled and he kissed me roughly.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO since I most likely will not have school on Monday and hopefully Tuesday, I'll get plenty more updates in while I'm home.