Sequel: Before the Storm
Status: Complete as of 5/31/14

Chasing Cars

...To Lovers

I was in my room watching TV when Jack walked in and I smiled. I turned off the TV as he walked over to me and sat down next to me.

"How are you feeling? Vic told me what happened." Jack told me, his hand grabbing mine and it sent some sort of electric current through me.

"I'm fine, just a bit out of it from the medication though."

"I'm glad your fine. Hey um, if you're up for it on Saturday wanna go out somewhere?" He asked nervously.

"Sure, I should be fine by then. Doctor gave me permission to miss school tomorrow so I could heal quicker."

"Alright. I gotta go, but I'll see you soon."

"Bye Jack." I smiled as Jack walked out of my room and Ben walked in with his rabbit. "Hey kiddo. How was school?"

"It was gweat, but uncle Vic said you wewe sick. Awe you okay daddy?" Ben asked me worriedly as he sat down next to me on the bed and laid his head on my shoulder.

"I'm doing good kiddo. The doctor gave me some medicine to make me all better." I assured the little boy.

"Good." Ben giggled and leaned up to kiss my cheek.

"Awe, well look at the lovely scene. A father and son in their natural habitat." Kellin joked as he walked in with Vic behind him.

"Haha, very funny Quinn." I told him as I wrapped an arm around Ben slowly. "What do you morons want?"

"Well, Jacky told us he asked you out on a date for this Saturday. Well if you're up to it." Vic spoke up, a big smile on his tan face.

"What's a date?" Ben asked as he looked at all of us.

"It's when two people go out to have fun." Kellin answered, though frowned when he realized it wasn't the best explanation he could have offered the kid.

"Oh." Ben shrugged and cuddled into my side, making me hiss a bit of the pain in my ribs.

"Yeah so he asked me out, what are you going to do? Tag along on my date?" I laughed.

Saturday. I'm in Jack's car with Kellin and Vic driving behind us. I crossed my arms across my chest in annoyance and huffed out angrily. This was supposed to be Jack and I. Not Kellin and Vic, Jack and I. Nope. No. I did not sign up for a fucking double date.

"Awe, don't be so angry, Lex. Besides, I think it'd be great for all four of us to go out and do something fun." Jack tried, yet I knew he was just as mad as I was.

"Jack, it's our first real date. You don't bring along your two nosey best friends on your first date, that's not normal. I'm twenty, not thirteen."

"You're right. Shall we ditch them?" Jack smirked over at me momentarily before looking back at the road.

"Hell yeah." I answered while looking at Kellin's car through the mirror.

"Well hold on." Jack commented as he started to drive a bit quicker and going around other cars, eventually getting on the highway and losing Kellin and Vic through the heavy traffic.

"Are they completely gone?" I asked Jack.

"Seems like it. Now don't worry, I know where to go, but are you comfortable with spending the night with me?" Jack asked.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Heck, I'm comfortable enough to fly out of here with you."

"Good, because I'm never gonna let you go, Lex."

I smiled and the drive to who knows where took about three hours. Eventually we reached this small cabin in the outskirts of town and I smiled at the beauty of the place. Trees surrounded the cabin and piles of leaves were everywhere on the ground. Orange, yellow, red and brown leaves covering the ground like a quilt. I looked over at Jack who was looking at me with a big smile on his face.

"Is this place yours?" I asked Jack who nodded and got out of the car, quickly walking over to my side and opening the door for me.

"Yeah. My parents bought this place shortly after I was born. We used to come here all the time during the summer or just random days during the fall." Jack explained as he held my hand while we walked up to the front door.

I watched as Jack unlocked the door and lead me inside the cozy cabin. It was very clean and reminded me of home for some reason. When we entered the kitchen, there were candles on the table along with a vase of roses over a white tablecloth. My eyes widened while my mouth was slightly open in surprise as I turned to look at Jack who now had a picnic basket in his hands.

"Where did that- You planned this whole thing, right? But how?" I asked Jack as he lead me to the table and pulled a chair out for me.

"Well, Kellin told me the day I asked you out that he wanted us to double date. I thought I'd go along with his plan but I wasn't too thrilled about that idea so I had my friend Rian help out with planning this date for just us two." Jack explained to me and I heard him heating something up in the microwave.

"Really? Wow, I've never had someone plan something this special for me." I said honestly as I looked at Jack.

"Well I am glad to be the first." Jack smiled and brought a bottle of wine to the table and opened it, pouring it into the glasses and then lighting the candles.

Minutes later Jack was sitting across from me as we ate and talked about everything and nothing. After clearing out the table and doing the dishes, we moved into the living room where Jack turned on the fireplace and brought blankets so we could snuggled together.

"Before we get comfortable, I wanna ask you something." Jack said and held my hands as we stood facing each other.

"Ask me what?" I looked at him confused.

"Lex, I've really enjoyed your company and I'm falling really really hard for you, so I just want to know if you'll be my boyfriend."

"I'd love to be your boyfriend, Jack!" I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning up to connect our lips together for the first time. Jack's arms wrapped around my waist as he deepened our kiss. We pulled away and I couldn't help the blush that spread over my face as we sat down on the mountain of blankets that were on the ground and wrapped another one around us.

I laid my head on Jack's shoulder as we held hands under the blanket and watched the fireplace in silence. My cellphone rang and I sighed, knowing perfectly who'd be calling right now. I pulled the phone out of my pocket and answered it without looking at who it was.

"Alex speaking." I mumbled tiredly while lifting my head from Jack's shoulder.

"Where the fuck are you two? We lost you on the road!" Vic yelled.

"Dude, chill out. We decided to ditch you guys and have our own date away from you hooligans. Now, is that all or-" I stopped talking when I felt Jack's lips kiss my neck and I shivered at the pleasure.

"No, we have Ben and he wants to talk to you." Vic grumbled and I heard him shoved the phone in Ben's hands.

"Hi daddy!" Ben cheered happily.

"Hey kiddo, having fun with Vic and Kellin?" I asked him as Jack laid his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Yeah! When awe you coming home?"

"I'm not kiddo, I'm staying at a friend's house." I told Ben.

"What?! You're spending the night with Jack?!" Vic yelled and I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Vic, are you sure you're not pregnant? You've been moody all day." I said in hopes of getting him to change the topic.

"Alexander William Gaskarth, I raised you better than this!"

"Mom?" I joked with him.

"Don't mom me, mister. If you're not home by midnight you're grounded."

"Whatever." I mumbled and hung up.

"He's definitely pregnant." Jack mumbled into my skin.

"Yeah. He's never yelled at me like that. Not even when I first- Never mind." I sighed.

"We should head to bed. It's getting late." Jack said sometime later after we finished watching some horror movie.

"Yeah, we should." I yawned and stood up, following Jack up the stairs to a bedroom.

The next morning Jack drove us to my apartment and I sighed happily. We didn't exactly sleep last night. One thing lead to another and- well let's just say I woke up this morning in a bit of pain.

"So did you have fun yesterday?" Jack asked me.

"It was the best date I've ever had. Thank you Jack, you made me so happy." I told him and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"Anything for you babe. Now come on. Let's hope mommy Vic is better than last night." Jack joked and I laughed as we walked up to the apartment.

When I opened the door, I was greeted by Ben running around the house and Kellin scolding him. Jack and I stood at the front door and Ben ran over to us.

"Daddy! Jack!" Ben giggled and I picked him up.

"Hey kiddo, are you being good?" I asked Ben who just giggled.

"Try bad, Lex." Kellin grumbled. "Never do this to us again. Next time you guys want to go do the dirty all night, warn us so we can drop off this kid somewhere else."

"What's the dirty?" Ben asked looking between Jack and I.

"It's um... uh-" Jack was caught off by Vic yelling for Kellin from the bathroom.

"I'll tell you later kiddo." I said as I set Ben down. "Now what's wrong with your uncle Vic?"

"He's just being a butthead." Kellin grumbled as he walked back in.

I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom only to see Vic throwing up in the bathroom.

"You alright?" I asked him gently.

Vic shook his head and I sat down next to him while rubbing his back.

"I take back what I said about being ready for a baby. Lex, I don't want this anymore." Vic cried, tears running down his face.

"Vic, you're not even sure if you are. Maybe it's just food poisoning or something." I offered.

"But it's not. I don't feel that type of sick." Vic cried, wiping away his tears. "It's just- Please don't leave me."

"Hey, I won't." I assured him.

Awhile later I walked back into the living room where Ben and Jack were playing some board game while Kellin was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. I sat down next to him and rubbed his back. Kellin looked up at me and I sighed.

"How is he?" Kellin asked me.

"He's sleeping right now, but you should go buy some tests. Vic thinks he's, you know." I told Kellin.

"Oh man oh man oh man. Lex, I'm not ready."

"Don't even talk to me right now. You both made the decision so now man up and face the consequences." I scolded him.

"I know, I'm sorry. Tell Vic I'll be back with the tests in a bit." Kellin stood up and left.

I sighed and sat down next to Jack, watching the two play their game. Jack turned to look at me asking me something and I nodded.

"Benji, can we talk to you for a second, baby boy?" I asked Ben with the sweetest voice I could muster up.

"Okay." Ben nodded and turned to look at us.

"Kiddo, how would you feel if Jack um was my boyfriend?" I said but ended up sounding like a question.

"Happy!" Ben yelled and threw his arms around us both.

I chuckled and we both hugged Ben back. Guess this won't be so bad now. I hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapter so far :)