Status: One-shot :)

Will You Be Mine?

One/One

Kellin walks onto the bus, greeting Justin who is sitting at the table, his laptop open in front of himself. He walks by, grabbing a bottle of water before sitting across from Justin.

“What’s up?” He asks after taking a sip of water.

“Nothing much.” Justin shrugs and Kellin responds with a nod. After a brief pause, Justin speaks again. “So, I’ve been thinking…”

“You, thinking, really?” Kellin teases, laughing at Justin’s glare. “About what?” He asks more seriously, twisting the top off of his water bottle to take another gulp, watching as Justin hesitates for a moment before answering him.

“Dude, I think Vic likes you.” He finally blurts out. Kellin literally chokes on his water, some spilling down his chin and on the front of his shirt as he coughs and splutters.

“What the hell are you talking about?” He asks once he’s caught his breath, voice now a little hoarse.

“Seriously! Have you not notice the way he looks at you?” Justin continues, closing his laptop and giving his full attention to the man sitting in front of him. “And he’s always touching you in some way, and he’s constantly flirting with you.”

“It’s just a joke.” Kellin shrugs, trying to remain calm and casual. “We always pretend to flirt with each other.”

Justin rolls his eyes, arguing, “I think he means it, though.”

“He does not.” Kellin whines, getting irritated.

“Just pay attention the next time you’re with him. You’ll see what I’m talking about.” Justin smirks, opening his laptop again and ignoring Kellin’s confused and slightly annoyed expression.

After a moment, Kellin remembers his wet shirt and gets up, going to his bunk to find a dry one. He pulls the wet article of clothing over his head and tosses it aside, searching through the mess in his bunk for a clean shirt. Just as he finds one, about to pull it on, cool hands slide around his waist. He jumps, quickly spinning around and coming face to face with the man he was just talking about.

“Damnit, Vic!” He snaps, but can’t help but smile when Vic laughs at him, hands still on his waist. “I didn’t even hear you come in.”

“I’m a ninja. Shh, don’t tell anyone.” He winks.

“Shut up.” Kellin giggles, playfully shoving him away. Vic takes a couple steps back, his hands falling away from Kellin as he pulls on his shirt.

“Wanna go get lunch?” Vic asks, throwing his arm carelessly around Kellin’s shoulders as they walk back towards the front of the bus. Normally, Kellin wouldn’t have paid much attention to the small gesture, but after his talk with Justin, he couldn’t stop his face from heating up, hoping Vic doesn’t notice the pink along his cheeks.

“Sure.” He nods and allows Vic to lead him off the bus.

They end up at some small diner that’s almost empty, sitting in a secluded booth in the corner. Kellin scans the menu as he takes sips of his soda and he briefly glances up at Vic, quickly looking away when he catches Vic with his eyes on him, not even looking phased by being caught staring. He can feel his eyes boring into him and he reluctantly looks up, not looking away this time. He smiles shyly, Vic smiling widely back, his deep brown eyes sparkling.

“What?” Mumbles Kellin, self-consciously messing with his hair.

“What?” Vic repeats, amusement in his voice.

“Why’re you staring at me?”

“I just can’t take me eyes off you’re pretty face.” Vic smirks. Kellin would reply with sarcastic gratitude, but now he hears Justin words from earlier today echo in his head. I think he means it.

The slightly awkward moment is interrupted by the waitress coming over to take their orders, but as soon as she’s gone it returns. Kellin continues to take small sips of his drink, looking everywhere but at Vic. Vic notices, frowning as he silently tries to catch Kellin’s wandering gaze.

When he can’t, he gives in and speaks up, “Kell, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” He says quickly, forcing himself to look at Vic and smile convincingly. Vic doesn’t look completely convinced, but changes the subject anyway.

-

Thing are different after that. No matter how much Kellin just want to ignore it, he can’t forget about what Justin said and it makes him feel awkward whenever he’s around Vic. The only time he feels normal is when they’re on stage together. He can’t say that the possibility of Vic – one of his best friends – liking him bothers him, but that just make him more confused, because shouldn’t he be at least a little freaked out? He’s just really confused and a little pissed off at Justin for being the cause of all this overthinking.

He’s brought out of his thoughts when Vic throws himself onto the couch in the back lounge next to him, startling him a bit.

“How do you always get in here without me even noticing?” Kellin pouts.

“I have my ways.” Vic shrugs, playfully nudging Kellin’s side with his elbow. Kellin jumps and yelp, hand clutching at his side. Vic smirks, a mischievous glint in his eyes as he leans in a little closer. “Are you ticklish?” He asks.

“N-no.” Kellin stutters with wide eyes, looking adorably innocent.

“So, if I do this, it shouldn’t bother you, right?” Vic digs his fingers into the younger boy’s sides and Kellin squeaks, body flailing.

“Vic, stop it!” he gasps between loud laugher. He grabs Vic wrist but can’t pry in hands off. “Please! Oh my God!”

Kellin wiggles around, eventually falling off the couch, pulling his friend with him and they land in a heap on the floor. Vic is quick to recover, straddling Kellin and pinning both of his hands above his head with one hand, the other continuing its torture.

“Say you love me.” Taunts Vic, leaning down closer slowing his hands movement so Kellin can talk, but not stopping completely.

“I… love you.” Kellin breaths, still trying to catch his breath. Vic smiles at him, his hand finally stopping and allowing the other man to relax and return his breathing to normal. “Can you get off me now?” He asks after a few moments.

“Hmm, no.” Vic shakes his head.

“Vic!” Kellin whines, trying to tug his arms free. Vic uses both of his hands to help hold him down. “You’re mean.”

“And you’re cute.” Vic gives a cheeky grin and Kellin feels a blush spread across his face. That’s been happening a lot more often than usual lately. Vic lays down completely on top of him and Kellin over exaggerates an ‘oomph’.

“You crushing me, fatass.” Kellin says.

“Hey.” Vic playfully glares at him as he sits up again. Kellin childishly sticks his tongue out at him, grinning after.

Vic smiles, but it slowly drops and Kellin watches in confusion as those brown eyes flick down to his lips. He’s about to ask what’s wrong, but then Vic is slowly leaning down and he freezes, eyes wide and heart pounding as he realizes what’s happening. He does nothing to stop it, he’s not completely sure he wants to stop it, as Vic’s lips just barely brush against his, his breath fanning over his face. Vic seems hesitant, but then he presses forward more firmly, sealing their mouths together.

Kellin exhales heavily through his nose, finally able to move again, and instead of pushing Vic off like he thought he would, he kisses back. He feels Vic smile slightly into it before kissing him harder, hands sliding from their place around his wrists into his own hands, lacing their fingers together. Vic is just licking at his bottom lip, asking for entrance that Kellin is so ready to give when the sound of the bus door opening sounds, followed by footsteps and voices. Vic rips himself away, standing and fleeing from the room before Kellin even has time to catch his breath. Justin and Gabe walk in, looking confused.

“What’s wrong with Vic?” Justin asks at the same time as Gabe asks, “Why are you on the floor?”

“Fuck.” Kellin groans, not answering either of the questions and dropping his head back with a painful thump. Gabe shrugs and walks out while Justin moves to help him up, sitting down with him and giving him a questioning look. “He kissed me.”

“Vic kissed you?” Asks Justin, looking both surprised and maybe a little smug.

“Yes, and then you two came in and he ran away.” Kellin mumbles. “Now I have no idea what’s going to happen.”

“I told you he likes you.” Justin says quietly.

“Shut up.” Sighs Kellin, running a hand through his hair.

“Do you like him?” Justin asks and Kellin doesn’t say anything, not sure exactly what to say. “Did you kiss him back?”

“Yeah…” Kellin answers a little hesitantly.

“Well, I don’t know what’s going on in your head right now, but I think you should talk to him and sort everything out.”

Kellin just nods and watches Justin get up and leave.

-

He really wants to follow Justin’s advice, but he finds himself avoiding Vic whenever possible. Vic doesn’t try to initiate anything either; he actually seems to be avoiding Kellin as well. Both bands have noticed the change, used to seeing the two singers attached at the hip, and question it, but the singers just brush it off. Kellin doesn’t know if Vic’s told anyone about the kiss, but as far as he knows, Justin is the only one that knows.

“Come on, Kellin, just talk to him.” Justin encourages.

“I can’t!” Kellin stresses, frustrated. “I don’t even know what I would say.”

“Well you need to figure it out. You two are making things weird.”

“Okay, I will.” Kellin sighs.

“Soon.” Justin says firmly. Kellin just nods, watching Justin walk away. He sits for a moment, trying to sort out his jumbled thoughts before giving up, getting up and going to find Vic.

He has no idea what to say, but he misses the older man like crazy, and he just wants things back to normal. He walk around for a while, his nerves building up the longer he takes. He eventually finds Tony and Jaime, but no Vic.

“Hey, guys, do you know where Vic is?” He asks quietly.

They give him strange looks, probably since they knew the two had been avoiding each other, but Jaime nods anyway, saying, “Yeah, he’s on the bus.”

“Thanks.” He gives them a small smile before going to Vic’s bus, walking fast. Normally, he would just walk in, but this time he stops and knocks. Mike opens the door, looking a little surprised to see him.

“Hey, Kellin.” He says loudly, and Kellin is guessing he’s trying to warn his brother. Sure enough, he hears quick footsteps hurrying away.

“Hi, Mike. Can I talk to Vic?” He asks, getting straight to the point.

“Um, I think he’s sleeping.” Mike mumbles, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Mike, please.” Kellin says, both pleading and annoyed.

Mike hesitates for a moment before stepping back and opening the door wider. “I think he’s in his bunk.”

Kellin nods and rushes past him, going straight to Vic’s bunk and knocking softly on the wall next to it. He doesn’t get a response and he thinks about just opening the curtain but decides not to.

“Vic?” He says softly, knocking again. After a moment, the curtain slowly slides open and Vic looks out at him with a blank face.

“What?” He asks, voice monotone.

“Can we, um, maybe, talk?” He asks, nervously wringing his hands together. Vic looks annoyed and he feels his heart start to sink at the look.

“Fine, talk.”

“O-Okay.” Stutters Kellin, taking a deep breath to try to stay calm before continuing. “We need to talk about what happened the other day. Y’know, the… kiss.” He blushes, looking down.

“What about it?” Vic mumbles. Why is he making this so hard?

“Why have you been avoiding me since it happened?” He blurts out.

“You’ve been avoiding me, too.”

“But you’re the one that kissed me! Why would you do that and then just run away?”

“I didn’t mean to kiss you. It just happened.” Vic says. He pulls the curtain back further and slides out, walking to the back lounge and Kellin follows.

“What do you mean you didn’t mean to? You didn’t want to?” Kellin asks, confused. Why would Vic kiss him if he didn’t even want to?

“I did want to!” Vic says, looking frustrated.

“Why?” Kellin asks. He doesn’t want to bother Vic, but he just needs some answers.

“Because I fucking like you.” Vic sighs. He sits down on the couch, putting his face in his hands, muffling his voice a little as he goes on. “I’ve liked you pretty much since I met you, Kellin. I couldn’t help myself anymore.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Kellin asks quietly, a small smile on his face.

“I didn’t want you to freak out and not want anything to do with me. I would rather have you in my life as a friend than not in my life at all.” He says. Kellin’s small smile turns into a full out grin and he sits next to Vic, feeling him stiffen when he gently touches his shoulder.

“You’re so sweet.” Kellin says, Vic slowly lifts his head to look at him and smiles shyly. “I like you, too, Vic.” He says, surprising them both. It’s true, though, he realizes.

“Really?” Vic asks, perking up but looking like he’s trying to stay calm.

“Yes, really.” Kellin chuckles. He leans in and before his nerves can stop him, he presses his lips to Vic’s softly. The kiss doesn’t last very long and stays innocent, but it’s perfect. When they break apart, Vic cups Kellin’s pale face in his hands and holds him in place, leaning their foreheads together and looking into the other’s eyes.

“Kellin?” Vic whispers.

“Mm, yes?” Kellin hums happily.

“Will you be mine?”

Kellin’s eyes widen slightly, “Like, your boyfriend?” He asks and Vic nods. “Okay.”

Vic laughs and closes the small gap between them again, kissing his new boyfriend slowly and passionately. They get lost in it until someone who’s clearly not either of them clears their throat loudly. They pull away, both embarrassed at having been caught and see Mike and Justin standing there with smirks on their faces.

“Finally!” Justin shouts, causing Mike to laugh before the leave.

Vic grins and turns back to Kellin, pecking his lips quickly before pulling Kellin into his lap, holding him tightly as he repeats, “Finally.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short, cute one-shot. Hope y'all like it :)