Until We Meet Again

Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Gage's POV

I had been trying to get ahold of Cade all weekend. I haven't heard from her since the concert. I decided to get online to see if she was on. I quickly sat at my desk and signed onto AIM, luckily she was on.

xXx Gage xXx: Hey Cade, haven't talked to you in a while
XxiluvMCRxX: Yeah, I know...
xXx Gage xXx: What's wrong?
XxiluvMCRxX: Nothing, sorry, I was out of town yesterday, and I'm getting ready to leave
xXx Gage xXx: Where are you going?
XxiluvMCRxX: Milford.
xXx Gage xXx: Milford? For what?
XxiluvMCRxX: To see Camdon.
xXx Gage xXx: Oh....can I come?
XxiluvMCRxX: I guess.
xXx Gage xXx: Ok, want me to come pick you up?
XxiluvMCRxX: Sure if you want.
xXx Gage xXx: Ok see you in a few!
XxiluvMCRxX has signed off.

She didn't even say bye?

Something was wrong with Cade, I could tell. Maybe I should have just left her alone. I quietly got into my car and drove down to Cade's house, she was waiting outside for me. She was wearing a morbid black dress and a black hat. She had red eyeshadow and nail polish on. She sat down in the car and looked out the window. I saw a tear roll down her cheek. I reached my hand out to her, but she didn't take it.

"Cade, talk to me. Tell me what's wrong." I demanded nicely.
"Well when I told you about Cam, I didn't tell you everything." She began.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"I loved him. He loved me. He was the only boyfriend I ever had. He ment so much to me." She said, beginning to sob.

I was shocked by this. I didn't know the two were in love. I felt bad for liking her now, like I was moving too fast. I placed my hand back on the stereo and stared at the road, not really paying attention to anything else Cade said. I finally thought of what to say.

"Well I'm here for you," I said.
"But Camdon knew how I felt, he went through the same shit I did!" she protested.
I slammed on the brakes and pulled onto the side of the road.
"You think I don't know how you feel?!" I said, raising my voice. "I had the perfect life, a life people would die for to have, and I threw it all away when my dad died. I became someone like you, I had know friends! The only friend I have now is you! And are you even my friend, because you sure as hell aren't acting like a friend right now! You think I never though about killing myself! I was going to until I met you! You gave me a new hope! You saved my life! You kept me alive! You are the reason I'm still here. I thought maybe I would have a chance with you, but I guess not. I thought seeing someone somewhat like me I might be able to relate to would make things better. I thought that maybe, just maybe, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen that I care for more than she could ever know, might have at least some feelings back for me. But i guess not."
Tears were streaming down Cade's cheeks. I wanted to make them go away, I wanted to hug her and comfort her, but I couldn't. I wanted to help her, yet at the same time I was so mad at her.
"I'm sorry....." She started.
"No, just save it." I said, throwing my car back into gear and pulling back onto the road.

I pulled into the cemetery and she jumped out of the car and slowly walked to Camdon's grave. I sat in the car and waited. I wanted to turn on some music, but I knew that would be disrespectful, seeing how I was in a cemetery. I just sat there and waited in pure silence. I glanced over at Cade and saw her bent down at Camdon's grave, weeping. I couldn't take seeing her cry anymore. I hesistated, but slowly got out of my car and cautiously walked over to Cade. I rested my hand on her shoulder and she looked up at me. Her makeup was smeared down her face, her eyes were red from crying. I bent down next to her and hugged her. She finally stood up and grabbed my hand and started walking toward the car. She turned around one more time to say a quiet 'bye' to Camdon, and continued to the car. I opened her door for her, and I walked over to my side of the car and got in. She stopped me as I began to start the car.

"It's amazing..." She started.
"What is?" I asked, still slightly mad.
"That I found someone just like Cam." She said.
I smile and started the car. I drove off, with yet more hope to continue living.