Until We Meet Again

Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Cade's POV

I got off of the school bus and walked into the school. Gage was running late, so he couldn't pick me up. I walked into my first hour class, remembering that Roxi was in first hour with me. I went and sat next to her.

"Good morning!" She greeted.
"Good morning, did you like the concert Friday?" I asked.
"Yeah, it was the best one I've ever been to!" She replied. "Who was the boy with you again?"
"That was Gage, he's a good friend of mine," I answered.
"Oh, he's cute," She said.
"Yeah...." I replied, looking away.
"Oh, do you like him?" She asked. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of said that."
"It's fine, I don't think he even likes me" I answered.
"Whose idea was it to go to the concert?" She asked.
"His," I replied.
"Then he obviously likes you!" She exclaimed.
"Maybe...." I said, becoming less confident by the minute.
"Maybe? Well do you want me to talk to him for you?" She offered.
"I guess, if you want to," I said.
"Ok, you guys are perfect for each other!" She said.
"Really?" I asked, as the teacher walked in.
She nodded her head and turned her attention to the teacher.

I, on the other hand, thought about if I actually had a chance with Gage. The bell rand at the end of class and Roxi and I walked out of class together. Gage was standing outside waiting for me, so I ran up and hugged him. Roxi passed us giving me the 'I told you so' look.

"What was that all about?" He asked, with a confused look on his face.
"Nothing....Do you want to skip next hour?" I asked, changing the subject.
"Sure, but that's the class I have with you," He replied.
"So?" I said with a smirk on my face.
He smiled and pulled me outside of the doors behind us.

We walked to the park farthest away from here, so no one would catch us cutting class. We sat down in the grass and layed back to watch the clouds. Suddenly Gage sprang up and stared at me.

"So tell me about yourself," He said.
"What do you want to know?" I asked.
"Everything, but let's start with how you feel about me," He said, smiling.
"Well you tell me how you feel about me first," I ordered, smiling in return.
"Let's see...I think you are an amazing person, and very strong if you are still standing after all the hell that you were put through. I also think you are amusing, fun to be around, and pretty," He said confidently.
I was blushing, and Gage noticed.
"Why are you blushing?" He asked. "It's not like I like you or anything," He said sarcastically.
I turned away from him so he would feel bad, unless he doesn't actually like me.
"Oh come on..." He said, grabbing my shoulder to turn me around.
I slowly turned around and Gage unexpectedly pressed his lips onto mine. He pulled away gazing into my eyes, as if he was unsure as to how I would react. I smiled so he kissed me again. He pulled away again, and he stood up as he put his hand out to help me up. We began to walk back to the school, our hand linked together.

"So you never did tell me what you think of me," He said, attempting to hide the grin on his face.
"Well let's put it this way," I began. "I never thought I would find happiness again after Camdon died until I met you."