Status: under construction

Mercury Sells

Prologue: Past

Leon glances around the circle. Claus, the group leader, nods, giving Leon an encouraging smile. The support group all have their eyes on Leon. Some are staring directly at him, while some were flicking rocks to the side. Today, their weekly class is outdoors to change things up.

Leon straightens his back, folding his hands on his lap.

“I could no longer see my sister.” Leon starts. Some of his fellow group members ask why. He answers, “She is dead.”

Leon hears some of them gasp. He sees some of his support group members stare with wide eyes. The one flicking the rocks to the side peers at him, wondering why Leon’s voice is shaking. The one paying close attention stays silent. They are all wondering the same question.

“Leon?” a small voice asks. She pokes her head to the side, identifying herself in the small crowd. Leon remembers her name is Don. “What happened to your sister?”

He lets out a wiry sigh, looking distantly away from his class. Leon hears Claus warn the support group about being delicate to his situation. Claus suggests they take Leon’s story into perspective and stay quiet.

Leon keenly thanks Claus but says it is alright to be curious. The class brings their attention back to Leon, meekly waiting for Leon to continue.

He closes his eyes, calming himself with the sound of the wind.

“My sister committed suicide last August.” Leon starts. “I was the one who found her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Riiiight, I have a problem with posting too many stories before prewriting...Hopefully you liked this chapter c: Thank you to the readers, recs, comments and subs! (: