Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 1

Nineteen year old Riley Evans awake to the rays of sunlight hitting her face through the blinds. Groaning she rubbed her eyes and looked at her clock. 7:40 it read.

"Shit!" She said getting up.

School started at 8:00.

She ran to the shower not bothering to get it to a comfortable temperature. After showering she got out and dressed in a The Ramones black band shirt with cut off shorts and black leggings with combat boots.

For her makeup she did heavy eyeliner, with purple lipstick and blush. After doing her hair in a messy ponytail with bangs she grabbed her bag and purse running downstairs.

"See ya mom!" She yelled grabbing her keys.

"What about breakfast?" She called from the kitchen.

"I'll get something at school." Riley yelled opening the door.

"Okay bye hon." Ms. Evans said as she shut the door.

Riley walked to her big old black truck getting in and driving to Huntington High.

She arrived five minutes before the bell rang. Parking her truck she got out and entered the school making her way to her locker.

As she got her books her locker was slammed shut by a large hand. She sighed knowing the owner of the hand.

"What do you want Sanders?" She asked.

"No good morning Riley?" He said with a grin. "I'm hurt."

"Like I care about your hurt feelings." She said walking past him only to be pulled back by him. "I'm late for class."

"You cares if you're late?" He said flashing a deep dimpled grin.

"I do cause you know you'll get off easily if you're late." She said.

"You have no idea how easily I get off." He said.

Riley rolled her eyes. Matt Sanders was the captain of the football team. He was dating the head cheerleader Valary Dibenedetto. Despite this it didn't stop him from flirting and fucking other girls. Riley being his conquest for the past couple of months.

She had rejected his advances every single time but this didn't dissuade him. He thought all because he was hot shit he could have any girl he wanted.

Well he's not gonna have me. Riley thought pushing him back.

"So when we're going out?" He asked.

"Never like I've said every time you've asked me that." She said as he grabbed her again.

"Come on Riley." He said with the grin. "Let me show you a good time."

"No and you're dating Valary." She said.

"She doesn't have to know." He said.

"You're sick." She said ripping her arm from his grip as the bell rang. "Shit." She said as she ran to her class while Matt laughed at her.

She entered first period which happened to be literature.

"Miss Evans you're late." Mrs. Turner said. "Why?"

"My alarm didn't go off." Riley said.

"You've used that excuse the other two times." She said. "I'm gonna have to give you a tardy."

Riley sighed as the populars snickered at her. She walked to her seat which was by her two friends Allie Barker and Summer Powell.

Allie gave her a sympathetic smile knowing the reason she was late again.

Summer mouthed out "Sanders again?" Riley nodded.

Summer rolled her eyes as the devil himself entered glass.

"Mr. Sanders why are you late?" Mrs. Turner asked.

"Sorry Mrs. Turner I had to take care of a wild filly." He said glancing at Riley.

Riley rolled her eyes and smiled at Summer who made a gagging face.

"Don't let it happen again." She said. "Take a seat."

"Yes Mrs. Turner." He said walking pass Riley.

"Okay class today we're gonna be talking about old classic fairy tales." She said.

Everyone groaned. "Why do we have to learn about this baby stuff?" One student asked.

"Because this baby stuff is part of grade in this class." She said. "Now stop whining and listen." "First we're gonna talk about Little Red Riding Hood." "Does anyone know what she's best known for?"

"Her red cape?" One asked.

"That's correct." Mrs. Turner said. "But does anyone know what her red cape symbolizes?"

Riley raised her hand. "The color red has lots of meanings in these case it symbolizes Red Ridings Hoods going into adulthood and the loss of innocence."

"That's correct Riley." She said. "Now it's been incorporated differently as the years have gone on." "Some stories have even me told of Red having losing her virginity to the big bad wolf."

Mrs. Turned drag on talking about more fairy tale characters like Alice, Snow White, Dorothy even though she really wasn't a fairy tale character. Finally the bell rung.

"God the old bag goes on and on." Summer said as they sat to lunch.

"I think it's really interesting." Allie said. "Wouldn't be cool of they really existed."

"Then the world would be more chaotic then it is." Summer said.

"Hi ladies." Jimmy Sullivan said as he along with Zacky Baker, and Johnny Seward sat down.

"Hey guys." Riley said. "What's up?"

"Nothing much except that Michelle Dibennedatto is throwing a Halloween party this Saturday." Jimmy said.

"So?" Summer said. "Who cares that the bitch is throwing a party?"

Michelle was Valarys twin sister who was also on the cheer leading team with her sister. She was the schools biggest bitch just like her sister and she was dating quarterback prick Brian Elwin Haner Jr.

"I told y'all cause I was thinking we should show up." Jimmy said.

"Why would we want to?" Summer asked. "Be around those assholes more than we have to be."

"He's not finish." Zacky said. "We show up, have some fun, then crash the party."

"Guys I don't know." Allie said uncertainty.

"Come on All." Johnny said.

"Okay fine I'll go." She said with a smile.

Summer was thinking hard about it. "Okay but just because I want to get some popular people's ass!"

"That's the spirit." Jimmy said. "Riley?" "It won't be fun without you."

She sighed. "Fine I'll go."

Riley arrived home to find her mother still at work. As she entered her room she thought about what she had agreed to.

Why did I agree to this? Then again I have nothing better to do. But I don't have a costume. All the good ones are probably gone by now.

She got up walking to the attic and pulled the stairs down.

"Mom probably has all kinds of shit in here." She said climbing the stairs.

She turned on the light and started looking through them finding nothing but a bunch of junk. She kicked a box in frustration knocking it over.

It fell over spilling its content out.

"Shit." She said going over and picking it up.

As she did something caught her eye. It was soft and felt like some kind of velvet or cloth.

Picking and holding it up to the dim light.

She found a red cape with a hood.