Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 11

"Try again Allie!" Summer said from beside her.

They were currently practicing shooting with a bow and arrow. So far Summer hadn't missed a shot, Riley had only missed two, and Allie had missed all six times.

"I'm so close to giving up." Allie said in frustration shooting another it hit a tree.

The twins laughed. "At least you finally hit something." Dum said.

Allie laughed despite her frustration.

Deanna came over. "Just concentrate and then fire Allie."

"I've been doing that and I still miss." She said.

James chuckled. "Your great grandmother was the same way."

"She was?" Allie asked looking at him.

He nodded. "She missed a lot at first and she got frustrated." "But she got it the seventh time."

Allie looked at the bow and arrow.

"Please try again." The twins said in unison.

Allie sighed and took another arrow and positioned it in the bow.

She pulled the arrow back and focused unblinking on the target. Biting on her bottom lip and after counting to three she let it go.

She opened her eyes as the twins cheered to see the arrow on the red dot in the middle.

"You did it!" They said in unison joining hands and running in a circle around her.

She smiled as everyone came over. "I did it."

"Told ya you could." James said.

After more target practice they moved on to something else.

"What are we doing?" Riley asked as she was handed a knife.

"More target practice except this time it's with a knife." Deanna said.

Allie gulped this made Deanna laugh.

"Your grandmother got this fast I have a feeling you will to." Deanna said.

She walked to the center she raised the knife and threw it. It landed in the tree point blank.

"See?" Deanna said turning around. "Nothing to it just requires concentration like the other practice."

Allie walked forward and stood in the middle. She looked at the knife and then the tree.

Raising her knife she threw it. It landed in the tree.

Allie jumped for joy. "I did it!"

Zackary chuckled. "Yes you did."

"Mine turn." Summer said coming over.

Summer had her back to the tree. Glancing over her shoulder she turned back around her back facing the tree.

"What are you doing?" Riley asked.

"Surprise attack." Summer said.

She closed her eyes then turned and threw it fast. It landed above Allies thrown knife.

"Damn." Deanna said with a smile.

Summer smiled smugly and walked over.

"Piece of cake your turn Riley." She said.

Riley looked skeptically at the knife in her hand.

"You can do it." Allie said. "It's easy."

Everyone gave Riley encouraging smiles. She walked over and stood in Summers previous spot.

As she concentrated on the target...

"Can you hear me little lamb?" A voice asked.

Riley opened her eyes and looked around.

"What's wrong Riley?" Summer asked.

She shook her head. "Nothing. She said turning back to the target.

As she prepared to throw the voice came back.

"Can you feel how close I am to you?"

Riley gasped and looked around breathing heavily.

"Are you okay Riley?" James asked.

She nodded. "I am."

She turned back to the target the voice came back again.

"You'll be mine real soon."

Riley gasped and fell to the ground. Everyone came to her aid.

"Are you okay?" Allie asked as they helped her up.

"I keep hearing a voice." Riley said looking around.

"A voice?" Summer asked.

She nodded. "It sounds like it's right beside me the last time it sounded like it was inside my head."

Deanna, James, and Zackary exchanged looks.

"We have to go to Giselle." Deanna said leading them to the castle.

"Why?" Riley said.

"He's trying to get to you just like he tried to get to your great grandmother." Zackary said.

"Who is?" Riley asked.

James stopped and turned around looking her in the eye. "The Big Bad Wolf."

"Nobody can read my poker face." Lady Gaga sang as Jimmy walked by.

"If I hear one more pop song." He murmured.

"Jimmy why are they singing all the time?" China Girl asked from her place on his shoulder.

"I don't know just to be annoying I guess." He said as he walked along.

"Welcome to Fright Night for real!" Jerry Dandridge said.

"Shit!" Jimmy said running as he transformed into a bat.

He hid behind a tree and Jerry flew pass it.

"Another close call." He said setting China Girl on her feet.

"I'll say." She said. "Jimmy do you have anything to eat?" She asked. "I'm a little hungry after all this running."

"All I have is a couple of pieces of candy." He said taking out a peppermint.

"That's excellent!" She said taking it and biting a piece off. "Thank you."

He chuckled. "You're welcome." He said as she took his finger and they walked away from the tree.

"Victor where are you?" Emily the Corpse Bride asked. "Have you seen Victor?"

"I'm sorry no I haven't." He said shaking his head.

Emily sighed then smiled at the sight of China Girl.

"Well aren't you the cutest thing?" She asked.

China Girl looked from around Jimmys back and smiled.

"Thank you." She said. "You're really beautiful for a dead woman."

Emily laughed. "She's just the sweetest thing."

Jimmy laughed. "I know." "You ready to start moving again?"

"Where are you off to?" Emily asked.

"We're trying to find a way to stop all the bad things that are happening." China Girl said taking Jimmys finger.

Emily looked around. "It is rather awful isn't it?"

Jimmy nodded. "Exactly why we're trying to find a solution to the problem."

"May I come with you?" Emily asked.

"What about Victor?" He asked.

"I'll find him eventually." She said.

Jimmy didn't want her to come along because she was a corpse and her limbs and her eyeball was always popping off.

But Emily was really nice and China Girl was looking at him with those big blue eyes.

He sighed. "I guess it's okay."

"Excellent!" Emily said holding her bone finger out for China Girl.

China Girl wrapped her other hand around it and they began to walk.

"Giselle we have a problem." Deanna said as they entered her quarters. "He's getting to her."

Giselle's eyes widen. "When did this happen?" She asked gesturing for Riley to sit down.

"Just now." She said. "We were target practicing and then I head his voice inside my head."

Giselle tensed up further. "He's after you just like he was after your great grandmother."

The crystal ball changed to show the snowy woods and a wolf roaming the woods.

"He's charming, charismatic, and really seductive." Giselle said.

"Other than me being a descendant of Red Riding Hood what does he want with me?" She asked.

"He wants you for a mate." She said.

Riley gasped. "Why?"

"Because you're young, pure, and innocent which is exactly what he wants." Giselle said. "He wants to take that all away from you and lure you to the dark side."

Riley gasped again and her eyes widen as the wolf changed into human form.

The wolf looked like Matt.