Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 14

"How much further Deanna?" Allie asked. "I'm getting a little nauseous."

"Hold on it's not much further." She said. "How the rest of y'all are doing?"

"It's not as bad as the first time." Summer said.

"What about you Riley?" She asked.

"I'm fine." She said.

Deanna nodded and continued to lead the way to Emerald City.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Emil asked. "You're really quiet."

"I'm still trying to grasp all of this." She said. "Me and me friends have to save basically the entire world from a witch and others who are after us."

"That is a lot to take in isn't it?" He asked.

"Yeah but it's all sinking in and I'm accepting it." She said.

"That's good cause if you don't believe in it it'll hinder you from saving the world." He said.

"Speaking of which why did you and your friends turn over a new leaf?" She asked.

"After Deanna defeated the witch we were no longer under her control." He said. "She just came to our forest and recruited us to help her." "We were all scared of her and we helped just so she wouldn't kill us." "Now that's she gone we're free from her."

"I didn't know the monkeys were under her control." She said.

He nodded. "We were but not anymore thanks to Deanna."

Riley nodded and glanced at Deanna who was laughing at the twins behind Allie.

"She really is an amazing person." Riley said. "She's already helped us so much and made us welcome here."

Emil nodded. "That's how her and her great grandmother are."

Riley smiled as they landed on the yellow brick road just outside the gates.

"Thanks goodness we're here." Allie said grabbing her stomach.

"Eat this." Dum said pulling out what looked like a small pebble.

"What is it?" She asked taking it.

"It's a little pill that help with your stomach." Dum said. "It won't make you shrink or anything."

Allie hesitantly put it in her mouth and chewed it. "Tastes like strawberries." She said swallowing.

"How do you feel now?" Dee asked.

"A lot better now." She said hugging Dum who giggled.

Deanna walked to the gate and knocked. The guy was a small wearing green clothes.

"Miss Deanna it's you." He said opening the door and hugging her.

She laughed. "How are you Hewey?"

"I'm good we've been missing you here." He said then glanced at the others. "And you've brought visitors."

His eyes widen when he gave them a good look. "Are they?"

Deanna nodded. "Yes they are."

Hewey walked forward giving the three looks. "Y'all finally arrived." He said. "Come on in."

They all followed Hewey inside Emerald City.

"It's so beautiful" Allie whispered looking around.

Hewey chuckled. "We try to keep it beautiful."

As they walked the inhabitants stared and whispered and gave them friendly looks.

"Everyone sure is friendly." Allie said waving to someone.

"You know I'm starting to get tired of the celebrity status." Summer said.

Riley laughed as they were lead up stairs to a big door.

Hewey talked to the guard who nodded and gestured them forward. He opened the door revealing a long hallway.

"Oz has been expecting you." He said.

They all nodded and followed him down the hallway.

"It looks a little scary down here." Allie said.

"It only looks that way but Oz isn't like that." Deanna said.

They were lead to another big door where a voice said..

"Enter.

The door opened and they walked in. Instead of the giant floating head like Riley was expecting they found a elderly man sitting in a giant chair.

"They've arrived sir." The guard said.

"Thank you Cole you may go." Oz said. "Please come forward."

They all walked forward till they were standing in front of him. He slowly got up and stood in front of them.

"Deanna it's been so long." He said hugging her.

"Yes it has." She said hugging him back.

"Haven't seen you two in a while either." He said to the twins waving a finger.

The twins jumped on each other till they reached Oz height and waved their fingers.

He chuckled then moved on. "Summer." "You look much like your grandmother."

"Yeah and I'm tired of hearing that." She said.

Oz chuckled. "And has the same personality too." He looked at Allie. "Allie has the same blue eyes like her."

She blushed slightly.

He laughed. "And she's shy like her too."

His eyes finally landed on Riley." Riley." He whispered. "Look at you."

He took her hand and held it in his own. "You're still unsure about all of this."

"I'm coming to terms with it." She said.

"Slowly but surely you are which is good." He said with a smile and released her hand.

He walked to his chair and came back over with a big bag. He reached inside and pulled out a pendant of a red apple.

"For you Summer." He said placing it over her neck. "To give your body resistance to the poisons of the witch."

"Awesome." She said looking at the pendant. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He said reaching in and pulling out a pendant of a white rabbit. "For Allie to resist being lead astray or to potential danger."

"Thank you." She said looking at it.

"Lastly Riley." He pulled out a wolf pendant that had green emeralds for the eyes. "To resist the temptation and seduction of the wolf."

Riley looked at the pendant as it was placed around her neck. "Will it really help me resist?"

"It will to an extent but it all ultimately relies on you." He said. "Resist with every fiber or your being or he will destroy you."

She nodded and looked at the pendant again.

"I'm so out of breath." Jimmy said slowing down.

"I would be if I had some." Emily said with a laugh.

"Lucky you." He said panting.

"Guys over here!" Daphne said from behind a tree.

They ran over and his behind the tree as the zombies ran by.

"That was close." Shaggy said. "Were those real zombies?"

Jimmy nodded. "Everything you're seeing is real."

"How can that be?" Velma asked.

"Cause a witch cast a spell and made it like this." CG said.

"Are you sure it's not just a bad guy in a mask?" Fred asked.

"I'm sure." Jimmy said. "My friends are trying to break it."

"How can they?" Shaggy said. "Are they witches too?"

"Not exactly it's a long story." He said.

"You can tell us it in the Mystery Machine." Fred said.

"The Mystery Machine is here?" Jimmy asked.

"Of course don't go anywhere without it." Daphne said with a laugh. "So y'all coming?"

"It's better than being out here in the open with all those things." Emily said.

"I guess we're coming then." Jimmy said.

"Groovy lets go!" Fred said leading the way to it.

"Fly my minions!" Miriam yelled.

"This is so cool." Allie said looking at her pendant.

"I'll say I'm immune to poisons." Summer said.

Riley looked at hers and thought about it. Would she really be able to resist him? Though Matt was an asshole she did find him attractive and there was a couple of times she thought about saying yes to him.

She was brought out her thoughts by a screeching noise. She looked up and gasped. There were flying gorillas coming there way.

"Who the hell are these fuckers?" Summer asked.

"Minions of Miriam." Deanna said. "Everyone hold on!"

They all held up as the gorillas flew past fast. Allie grabbed on to Dum as he almost fell off.

"Emil get us out of here!" Deanna said.

He nodded and flew as fast as he could with his friends. But the gorillas were too fast. They came back and started to hit he monkeys.

The monkeys struggled to shield themselves and get their passengers on.

"Motherfucker!" Summer said kicking one in the nose.

They tried to fly to Diamond City with the gorillas still attacking them.

"Riley look out!" Allie yelled.

Riley looked at the last minute to see a gorilla fly into them head on. She screamed as she fell off.

"Riley!" Summer yelled.

She tried to swoop down but the gorillas prevented her from saving Riley.

Riley continued to scream as she fell through tree branches and finally on the ground. Unconscious in the snowy forest.