Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 20

Riley ran hearing panting and snarling close behind her. She stumbled briefly but regained her footing.

Glancing over her shoulder she saw Matthew getting closer and his eyes were flaring with rage and anger.

Looking ahead of her she saw a branch out and low enough for her to reach it. Picking up speed she reached out and jumped grabbing the branch and scurrying to the trunk.

She tried to catch her breath as Matt started jumping and snapping in an attempt to get her. Reaching up she climbed three more branches up the tree.

Panting she touched her neck and chest feeling the bite and scratch marks.

"I have to get to the others and back to Diamond City fast before this gets any worse." She thought.

She heard a laugh below. Looking down saw Matthew back in human naked.

"It's already spreading my dear." He said with that grin. "You're slowly becoming like me."

"I'll never be like you." She said.

"We'll see about that when you fully transform and turn against your own friends." He said.

Her eyes widen and she looked down. "You planned to infect me with Miriam."

He clapped. "Smart girl Riley." "You've figured it out we're all planning to turn y'all against each other that way you'll kill each other."

"Monster." She whispered.

He smirked. "Sweetheart won't be long till you join the club."' "I'll just wait for you to come down."

"Who says I'm coming down?" She asked.

"You'll have to come down sometime." He said. "Hunger will eventually drive you down."

Matt transformed back into his wolf form and started circling the tree.

Riley sighed and tears came to her eyes thinking about what had happened to her friends and what her fate was.

"We're almost there." Hooky said as they came nearer to the woods.

"There's the barrier." Allie said as they went through and landed.

"It's really dark." Dum said stepping closer to Allie.

"It's cause of Valora." Hooky said. "Her powers are strongest at night and she made it come early so she could get Summer."

"I hope we're not too late." Allie said as they started to walk the path.

"Your great grandmother used that sword to defeat the original queen." Doc said.

Summer held the sword up looking at it. "Now it's in my possession."

Smiley nodded. "It belongs to you now."

"Why did it appear out of nowhere?" She asked. "I was lying on the ground then boom it's there."

"It appeared cause you made it appear Summer." Tabitha said.

"How?" She asked confused.

"Since the sword was made specifically for anyone of Snow Whites bloodline it only works and obeys them only." Neutral said. "No one else can use it and if you really need it or something to protect/defend yourself it answers your call."

"Awesome." She said looking at it in awe.

She swung it and it shrank she swung it again and it enlarged.

"Cool now let's go find the others." She said putting the shrunken sword in her pocket.

As they walked the woods became less dense, misty, and dank.

"Light finally." Summer said running out of the dark woods.

"It's so good to see the sun again." Shy said.

Summer nodded and as she looked around she heard a scream from the woods.

"That's Allie!" She yelled bringing out the sword and running back into the woods.

"Summer wait!" Tabitha said.

They tried to follow her but the woods closed up preventing them from doing so.

"Let's hope she finds them and they all get out safe." Tabitha said.

Summer ran noticing the others weren't behind her. "Damn bitch." She mumbled and continued running towards the screams.

"Allie where are you?" She yelled.

"Summer over here!" The twins said.

Summer ran towards the sound of their voices and ran out finding Allie, the twins, and Hooky being held prisoner by a large weeping willow.

"Let them the fuck go!" Summer yelled raising her sword.

A large branch flew out and knocked her on her back and the sword out her grasp. It then grabbed her by the legs and started swinging and throwing her.

"Stop!" Allie yelled she didn't notice her costume shooting out a substance. "What the hell?"

The liquid started hitting the tree it started screeching as it began to die. Slowly it let all of them go.

"Summer you okay?" Allie asked running over.

"Yeah what the hell is up with your costume?" She asked grabbing her sword.

"Miranda the white queen fixed it up for me." She said.

"She apparently infused some weed killer in it." She said looking at the dead tree.

"Where's Riley?" Allie asked.

"Me and the dwarfs were trying to get to y'all when I heard y'all scream." She said. "We have to safe her from the wolf."

Allie nodded and they all started walking out the woods.

"We have visitors." Thorn said leading them to the living room.

"What's up guys?" Dusk said. "Who's the other three?"

"This is Jimmy, Emily, and China Girl." Velma said.

"Nice to meet y'all." Luna said. "Nice costumes you two."

"Those are not costumes believe me." Shaggy said.

"What brings y'all here?" Luna asked.

"Apparently some witch cast a spell that's causing all this madness." Thorn said. "Jimmy's friends are in some other world trying to stop it."

"And y'all want a spell correct?" Dusk asked.

Velma nodded and held out the book. "This spell can supposedly open other worlds and dimensions." "Think you can do it Thorn?"

She took the book and skimmed the words. "I don't think I can."

"Why not?" Jimmy asked.

"Cause there some worlds you just can't get in." She said. "And this world you're trying to get in requires you being blood of the characters there."

"And I'm not a descendent of any character." Jimmy said with a sigh and sat down.

"Don't give up Jimmy." CG said hugging him. "We'll find some other way."

"I hope so." He said returning the hug.

Riley watched the sun setting soon it would be dark. Matt was currently sleeping still at the bottom of the tree. Her stomach growled.

She sighed grabbing her stomach. At that moment she felt something in her cape.

Reaching in she pulled out what looked like an energy bar and a container of ointment.

"Apply generously to your wounds it will slow down the infection till you get back to us."

It was signed by Giselle, Eden, James, Zackary, and Deanna. She smiled and rubbed some on the scratches and bite marks.

She then opened the bar and took a bite a feeling came over her. She felt as if she could escape the wolf.

Looking down she took a chance and jumped down running. He was on her trail in no time. Her feet started to hurt and her heel broke but she didn't stop.

"We must help her find it." Eden said.

"No she must find it herself." Giselle said. "You're almost there Riley."

Riley started running faster till everything appeared to blur. She stopped not seeing the wolf and started walking.

As she walked she saw something. Pushing back the branches she saw an old house.

"This must've been grandmothers house." She said walking towards it.

She accidentally stepped on a twig then heard a growling noise. She ran towards the house and shoved the door opened.

It was dark and looked like it had been abandoned for years. She desperately looked for a weapon as the growls got louder and nearer.

As she looked a gleam caught her eye. Pushing back old papers she picked up the item.

It was a crossbow with an arrow ready to shoot.