Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 21

Riley turned the crossbow around in her hands looking it over. It was made out a very fine rare type of wood. The arrow was made from a white wood and the blade was made from pure silver that had a shine to it.

Looking closer she saw the initials R.H. "This was hers also." Riley whispered running a finger over the initials.

She was brought out her thought by a low growling approaching the door. Making double sure it was ready to shot she cautiously made her way to the door.

Walking out onto the front porch she found Matthew circling the house. He stopped eyeing her and seemed to smirk in amusement at her. She raised the crossbow ready to fire.

"You're not gonna shot me." He said in her thoughts.

"Wanna bet?" She asked.

"Okay then shot me." He said walking over and sitting right in front of her.

Riley pointed it but her finger never pressed the trigger. Matt smirked as she raised it again but still didn't shot.

He threw his head back in a laugh that came out as a series of barks.

"You can't do it Riley." He said his eyes locking with hers. "You can't kill me." "We're connected together forever as mates and you know you won't kill me."

Riley lowered the crossbow gasping softly.

He smirked. "Now come with me so we can finish your transformation."

Riley's eyes widen and she looked at the deep gashes in her shoulder. With a glare she ran off in a different direction.

"Why must you be so difficult Riley?" He asked with a growl he ran after her.

Riley panted trying to run in her boots and not drop the crossbow. As she ran she fell looking up she found herself in a circle of trees.

He chuckled. "You're running in circles Riley." He said. "You can't run or get away from me I will find you."

He started laughing his laughs seemed to echoed throughout the forest. Riley covered her ears in an attempt to block his laughs but it appeared to get louder.

"Leave me alone!" She screamed dropping to the ground in a fetal position.

"You're mine now and forever." He said. "I'll never leave you alone."

With this said he started laughing again. Riley groaned and tried to block it out.

Tears came to her eyes of what she had done. "I've given in to him and we're in even more danger." She thought. "The others won't look at me the same and they won't want my help."

Despite the laughter she cried herself to sleep. Sometime later she was shaken awake.

She opened her eyes and saw a tall figure. "James?" She said.

He nodded. "Come on Riley lets get you to Diamond City."

She sat up as fresh tears came. "I gave into him James now he's with me forever." "I'm also slowly turning into a werewolf I can't go back." "I've failed Gisellle, my friends, Deanna, Zackary, all of Diamond City, you, and me."

He squatted down till they were eye to eye. "That doesn't matter Riley." "Sure you gave but everyone makes mistakes."

He reached over grabbing her dropped crossbow. "We can't do this without you Red." He said holding it out for her.

She looked at it then at her torn red cape. She looked at James who gave her a small smile.

She looked down then looked up with a face of determination. "Let's go." She said taking the crossbow.

James helped her up and lead her to a clearing where the others were.

"Riley you're okay." Allie said running over with Summer beside her.

"So are y'all." She said returning the hug.

Allie pulled back her smile fading at the sight of the scratch and bite marks. She touched them Riley pulled her cape over them and looked down in shame.

Summer hugged her. "We're gonna defeat that bastard."

Riley nodded then looked over at the others. "We have a lot of companions."

Allie smiled and pointed. "That's Hooky formerly the caterpillar.

"And those are the seven dwarfs." Summer said pointing. "Doc, Shy, Smiley, Silly, Neutral, Tired, and...

"Aahhh-choo!" He sneezed sending everyone in different directions. "Sorry." He said running his noise.

"The maple here in making his hay fever worse." Neutral said. "Let's get out these woods."

"The only means of transportation is Hooky." Allie said.

"Y'all thought James walked here?" Emil said appearing with Deanna and Zackary.

He landed and Deanna ran over hugging Riley. "Don't worry we'll fix this."

Riley nodded and got on a monkey as did everyone else. They began to fly out the woods.

"Guys we've tried twelve times and still nothing." Thorn said closing the book. "I'm sorry."

"Thanks for trying anyway." Jimmy said.

"What do we do now then?" Daphne asked.

"We can board up the house." Shaggy said with wide eyes.

"Why?" Velma asked.

"That's why!" He said pointing.

Everyone looked at the window to see a group of zombies snarling.

"Give me a fucking break!" Jimmy said getting up.

The zombies snarled and slammed his face against the window.

"Shit come on!" Jimmy yelled pushing a couch back.

Shaggy and Fred came over helping him. "The door!" Daphne said as a zombie punched his fist through.

They grabbed a table turning it up. "That's not gonna hold them off for long." Dusk said.

Daphne screamed as one got halfway in. "Quick everyone to the attic!" Thorn yelled.

Jimmy grabbed CG and Emily and followed everyone upstairs.

As they arrived back at Diamond City Riley pulled her hood over her head not wanting the inhabitants to see her face. They landed and everyone got off.

Giselle was waiting with Eden by her side. She walked over to the girls.

"Thank goodness you're all safe." She said hugging them then looked at Riley. "Why are you hiding your face Riley?"

"Because I don't want to see the disappointment of the people and you." She said.

Giselle took her in her arms rubbing her back. She slowly pulled the hood off and caressed Riley's face wiping the tears away.

"Riley just because you made a mistake doesn't mean we'd look down upon you." She said. "You're still a hero anyway."

"What about this though?" She asked pulling her cape back showing the wounds.

"My magic and our medicine man can fix those up." She said. "The problem is your infected with the werewolf virus and there's still a chance you'll turn."

"Why didn't you kill her?" Valora asked.

"Because now that she's turning we're even more connected." Matt said. "She can't and won't kill her mate."

"That'll help us how?" Michela asked.

"Cause she'll go insane once she turned due to now having someone to help her with the changes." He said. "And Anne that happens she'll turn against her own friends."

"Excellent." Miriam said with an evil smile.