Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 25

"James how long have you lived in the forest?" Riley asked as he poured some warm water over her back.

"Pretty much my entire life." He said running a rag gently over her back. "Lived there for so long I didn't know of the other worlds and I was afraid to venture out."

"What made you venture out?" She asked.

"The wolf killed my parents." He said quietly.

"James I'm so sorry." She said turning to face him. "I shouldn't have asked."

"It's okay and I'm glad you did." James said. "I haven't really talked to anybody about my past."

"How did the wolf get your parents?" Riley asked.

"It was night I was seven at the time." James said. "Every night my parents acted strange they would put all kinds of traps around our cottage but that night they seemed more on the edge then usual."

"Because the wolf was coming." Riley said.

James nodded. "He was trying to get to me cause he knew y'all would come here someday and I would be the one to save and guide you in order to defeat him."

"Despite my parents best efforts he managed to get in the cottage." He said. "My dad held him off while my mother helped me through a passageway in the floor." "She told me to run through until I got to the surface and no matter what I heard don't look back or stop."

"Then what happened?" Riley asked.

"That's when the wolf broke down the door." James said. "My mother quickly covered the passageway up while I ran." "He demanded she tell him where I was saying he wound spare her life."

"She refused and I was halfway through when I heard her scream and a loud tearing noise." He said. "Through the cracks I saw her body fall to the floor then her head rolled near where I was looking through the cracks."

Riley shuddered and the thought of a young child being witnessing their own parents deaths.

"What happened next?" Riley asked.

"I managed to get to the surface and I ran into the woods." He said. "As I ran I heard him growling and snarling behind me." "I ran faster and ended up tripping."

"He almost got me when there was a bright light that made him howl in pain and made him go away." James said. "I had my eyes still covered cause I was scared the light vanished and I felt someone stroking my hair and wipe away my tears."

"Giselle wasn't it?" Riley asked.

James nodded. "She took me in her arms telling me everything was gonna be alright and she brought me to Diamond City where I met Zackary." "His parents had been killed by Michella to prevent him from saving Summer."

"And that's when Giselle told y'all about us and your destinies." Riley said. "She started training y'all till the day came."

"That's right." James said holding out a towel so she could dry off.

Getting out the bucket Riley dried off and laughed at James back to her.

"You've already seen me naked James this is no different." She said.

"Want to give you some privacy." He said turning around. "You sure you're okay with this?"

"Yes I am and thanks for sharing your story with me." She said giving his hand a squeeze.

"One of the main reasons I shared it with you Riley is because I don't want you to give up fighting the wolf inside of you." James said. "Remember what he's done to you, me, all of us."

"Don't let him win don't let her win either." He said hugging her.

Riley returned it but deep down a part of her wanted to give in to the animal inside.

"What the hell happened in here?" Jimmy asked walking into the kitchen.

"Sorry man there was so much food and we were so hungry." Shaggy said as he and Scooby laid there with big bellies.

"So ungry." Scooby said burping.

Jimmy shook his head and chuckled. "Okay but we still need to clean up the kitchen."

"We'll help." Daphne said grabbing a broom.

"Y'all are guests y'all don't have to." Jimmy said.

"Nonsense." Velma said grabbing a towel. "We don't mind we always have to clean up after these two chickens."

"Chicken where?" Maggot asked popping out Emily's socket.

Everyone laughed. "There's no chicken maggot just a saying." Emily said.

"Darn!" He said and looked at all the crumbs. "No chicken but there's still a buffet."

He crawled out and onto the table eating all the crumbs.

"A miniature inch vacuum cleaner." Fred said.

"More like a grub eating more grub." Maggot said making everyone laugh as they cleaned up.

"Look who's finally coming down." Summer said with a knowing look. "I assume y'all had a good talk?"

"Better than good." Riley said squeezing his hand. "It was amazing."

"Okay too much detail." Allie said making the others laugh.

Riley stopped laughing as she was hit by a vision. "Riley are you okay?" Deanna asked as they all ran over. "Get Giselle."

Riley continued to scream and groan as the vision continued. "Give me some room." Giselle said.

She waved a hand over Riley's body and the vision stopped. Riley laid there gasping and sweating at the intensity of the vision.

"Are you okay?" Allie asked as they helped her up.

"Now I am." Riley said.

"What did you see?" Summer asked.

"It was the wolf along with Michella and Valora." Riley said.

"They're planning to attack tonight."