Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 26

"They're attacking us tonight?" Allie repeated in a whisper.

Riley nodded. "Yes and they all have something planned for us three specifically."

"What about Queen Bitch?" Summer asked. "What does she plan on doing in the fray?"

"I didn't see her but no doubt she's got something planned for us." Riley said.

Miriam chuckled darkly looking into her crystal ball. "You have no idea what's in store for you three."

"Did they say what time specifically they're attacking?" Deanna asked.

"No all they said was tonight." Riley said.

"Which means they're attacking anytime tonight." Zackary said getting up. "I'm gonna go get the dwarfs ready."

"I'm coming with you." Summer said following him out.

"We better go get prepared too." James said picking up his ax. "I'm getting this sharpened."

"I'll go get the twins and Hooky." Allie said. "Riley you coming?"

"In a minute I need to talk to Giselle about something." She said.

"Okay we'll be target practicing when you're done." Deanna said as the three of them left.

Riley sat there with her head in her hands. "I can't believe this is really happening."

"That's not all that's happening." Matt said.

Riley looked up eyes wide. "Get out of my head and leave me alone." She growled.

"I can't and I won't." He said. "As long as we're connected I'll always be with you."

"I don't want you asshole." She said. "That went away a long time ago."

"Did they now?" He asked. "Is that why you slept with the woodsman to get over me?"

Riley grew angry. "That's none of your damn business."

"It is since he touched and slept with my mate." Matthew said. "Nothing's stronger then the bond between a wolf and his mate."

"I'm not and never will be your mate." Riley said. "I want James like that and only him."

Matt chuckled. "You tell yourself that but you know deep down you want both of us." "You're conflicted between light and darkness but we know which side always wins in the end."

"Yeah and it's not you." She said getting up and walking to Giselle's room. "You won't win I won't let you."

"We shall see." Matt said before vanishing.

Riley got to her door. "Enter." Giselle said before she even knocked.

She walked in finding Giselle sitting in front of the crystal ball.

"Giselle they're...

"I know they're planning to attack tonight Riley but that's not what you wanted to tell me isn't it?" She asked leaning forward.

Tears came to Riley's face as a sob escaped her lips. Giselle got up taking her into her arms comforting her.

"Riley you will defeat him and her just don't give up." She said.

"I don't know anymore Giselle." She said. "I want to fight against her but at the same time I don't." "It seems easier to give in then to fight it."

Giselle pulled back. "Riley have you ever heard of totems?"

"Yes Indian and Native American culture they used it to represent a person usually the animal represents a person's spiritual self having qualities that the person has." She said.

"That's pretty accurate." Giselle said. "The reason I ask you this is because have you ever heard of the white wolf?"

Riley shook her head. "No."

"It's rare but in times of need people have claimed to see it." She said. "They believe the wolf acts as a guide to help those in need." "The white wolf represents not only purity but leadership."

"Why are you telling me this?" Riley asked confused. "How is it suppose to help?"

Giselle smiled. "Cause you'll need to remember it when the time comes."

Before Riley could ask anymore questions the door burst open revealing Allie and Eden out of breath.

"She's making of dark early." Allie said. "Look!"

Riley walked over to the window seeing the sun disappear and it turning pitch black.

"They're attacking already." Giselle said getting up and taking her wand. "Y'all must help the others."

"Come on guys!" Summer said appearing.

Giselle gave them a reassuring smile as they ran out the room and downstairs.

"Where are the others?" Riley asked.

"They've got their weapons ready and are fighting along with the villagers." Eden said as they went into the chambers changing into their costumes.

"Come on!" Summer said grabbing the sword and running out the castle.

Riley looked around seeing Diamond City in disarray. Everyone was fighting and some it the houses were already on fire.

Some were using their wands and zapping Miriam's minions.

"Riley look out!" Summer yelled jumping and slashing the head off a goblin. "Get your head in the game Ri."

Riley nodded rasing her crossbow and shooting a troll. "Where are the others?" Riley asked.

"We all got separated when they started attacking." Allie said. "But I saw Deanna around here."

They ran around a corner finding Deanna zapping a ghoul with her shoe till it fell dead. She turned seeing them.

"Watch out!" Allie said shooting a vulgar. "Where is everyone?"

"I don't know they're everywhere." Deanna said punching a troll. "We have to find them."

"We'll have to split up." Summer said. "I'll go this way y'all be careful."

Everyone nodded before going their separate ways. Riley ran pass all the chaos she picked up the wand of a dead villager. Running pass she zapped a witch the was fighting a fairy.

She continued to run zapping till she heard a familiar yell. Running around she saw James swinging his ax he was covered in blood.

Riley zapped some of the minions he was fighting. James looked up they exchanged a smile.

Riley's smile faded at the sight of a pair of famaliar hazel eyes coming out the darkness.