Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 27

Riley's eye locked with his as he slowly came out the darkness in wolf form. Noticing her expression James turned seeing the wolf who snarled at him.

James back up with his ad raised and stood in front of Riley. Matt appeared to chuckle as he continued to advance towards them.

"You're not getting her you son of a bitch." James said.

Matt chuckled. "You think you can stop me?" "How can you stop me when you can't even stop her?"

James glanced at Riley then turned back facing the wolf. "She's not gonna be like you I won't let it happen."

"You can't control that can you woodsman?" Matt asked. "Only she can control it and she wants the animal within to come out."

With this said Matt growled and jumped forward James raised his ax but it was knocked from his hand as he fell to the ground with Matt on him.

James tried to grab a brick lying nearby but Matt kicked it away and pinned him down. He screamed as the wolf dug his claws into his shoulders.

Matt growled brining his face close to James. "Now I can finally finish what I started eighteen years ago."

Matt growled in anger as a brick hit his head making him look up seeing Riley with the croossbow raised.

"Get off him and leave him alone." She said her hand on the trigger.

Matt laughed and looked at James then dug his claws in deeper making him cry out in pain.

"I said get off him!" Riley yelled.

"You think you can stop me?" Matt asked. "You know you can't Riley but if you really think you can pull the trigger."

Riley held the crossbow tightly as the wolf stared at her with amusement. She tried to press the trigger but at the same time she couldn't.

"You can't do it can you?" He asked her in her head. "You're not strong enough to do it."

"Yes I am." Riley said rubbing her forehead trying to block his voice. "Yes I can do this."

"Then what's stopping you?" He asked.

Riley raised the crossbow again as his gaze intensified her eyes widen as she slowly lowered the crossbow.

"Riley don't let him win!" James yelled then gasped as the wolf intensified his hold.

"Now come and feast with me." Matts aid as he lowered his teeth to James throat.

"No!" Riley yelled and ran forward knocking him off James.

Matt growled in anger his eyes flaring. Riley raised the crossbow he jumped on her causing it to go across the ground. He brought his mouth close to her throat Riley grabbed a shard of glass cutting his leg.

Howling in pain he got off giving her enough time to get up. Riley stood up as Matt's eyes focused on James.

He ran over as James tried to get up. "No!" Riley yelled and slammed into him.

Her eyes widen and she gasped as the shard of glass stabbed her stomach. Though injured Riley managed to slammed so hard into the wolf it sent both of them into a nearby well.

"Riley!" James yelled watching both of them vanish into it as a bright light flashed.

"Dum watch out!" Allie yelled pushing him out the way of a fireball.

"Where's your brother?" She asked.

"Last seen him over there." He said pointing.

Allie looked over seeing a ogre towering over Dee with a club raised. She ran forward and pushed him out the way as the ogre swung the club sending her into a brick wall.

Allie rolled on her side groaning at the impact. After checking on his brother the twins ran over helping her up.

"Are you okay?" They asked.

"I'm fine but I'm really sore." She said noticing a bruise forming on her side. "Let's find the others."

They ran around a corner finding Summer fighting a centaur. It tried to hit her with it's club she ducked it hitting him with a mallet.

Allie shoot him with an arrow he stumbled before falling down dead.

"Summer you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine where's Riley?" She asked.

"Don't know we lost her." Allie said. "Where's Zackary and Deanna?"

"Most them when a group of centaurs ran in." She said wiping her bleeding lip. "Let's find them."

"What's that noise?" Dee asked.

They listened hearing a loud thundering noise that made the ground shake. Looking up their eyes widen as a deck of giant cards ran through.

"Allie run!" Summer yelled.

Gasping Allie ran jumping over things as they got closer. She yelled as a card grabbed her making her hit her head on the ground knocking her out.

"Very good now bring her to me for her execution." Michella said.

"Let her go!" Summer yelled shooting a card.

The card stumbled then turned around hitting her. Summer groaned her vision becoming blurry as she watched the cards carry Allie away.

The twins helped her up as she ran after the cards she stopped hearing a yell. Looking she saw that one of the trees had Silly and another was holding Shy, Happy, and Tired over a blazing fire. The others were knocked out.

"Let them go you big weed!" Summer yelled shooting the tree holding Silly in the eye.

It screeched dropping him and grabbing his eye. Summer ran over the other tree dropped the dwarfs and swung at her making her to back hitting her head.

Summer groaned as it picked her up staring at her. She spit in it's face. The tree screeched in her face bringing it's branch close. Summer gasped as a pin needle stabbed her in the side.

Zackary wandered over bleeding and saw the sight. "Summer no." He said as the wound started spreading.

Summer gasped as she started choking and gasping for air. The poison spread her skin became paler and slowly the life faded from her eyes.

With a screech of triumph the tree carried her away into the woods with the other tree following her. Zackary ran over helping the dwarfs up.

"The evil queen has got her." Neutral said. "They've got all three of them."

"Not for long they won't." Zackary said with determination.

Riley groaned waking up as a snowflake hit her face. She looked seeing she was in a forest that was completely white. There was no sign of the wolf.

She got up crying out in pain she stumbled against a tree. Looking down she saw the big puddle of blood tainting the white snow.

She pulled back her costume seeing the big gash in her side that was bleeding profusely.