Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 28

Small breaths escaped Riley's lips coming out in small puffs as she pulled out the glass shard. She watched as more blood gushed out the gash.

Riley pulled her cape up and pulled a piece off where it was ripped and tried to bandage the wound as best she could.

The blood seeped through staining the already red fabric. Riley looked around at the snowy icy world she was in. It looked just like the woods she had been in twice except it was completely covered in snow and totally white.

"Have to get back to the others." She said as she tightened her cape around her and pulled her hood over her head.

Wincing at the pain in her side Riley began to walk as it started snowing.

Allie's blurry vision slowly came into focus. She looked seeing torches in the room and there was a window on the ceiling which the sun was shining through.

She groaned as she moved the impact of the brick wall surging up her body making her cry out.

As she moved she heard a clanging noise then she realized she couldn't move her arms. Looking up Allie saw that her arms were in chains along with her legs.

Looking around she saw she was in a dungeon that was dark except with the dim light of the torches and the window.

"Help!" She started yelling and yanking at the chains. "Help!"

The window on the door opened and a face peeked in. "Be silent!" The guard yelled. "All that yelling won't do you any good so there's not point in it."

"Where the hell am I?" She asked.

The guard chuckled darkly. "You're gonna be executed today at noon which is in a couple of hours." He said closing the window

"Executed?" Allie said then her memory came back.

She remembered her and Summer fighting the minions then the deck of cards running through and taking her.

"The Queen of Hearts also known as The Red Queen." She said grimly.

"I prefer The Red Queen." A voice said as the door opened.

Allie looked to see known other than Michella enter with more of her card guards behind her. She walked up to Allie with that mean smile she knew too well.

"Where are my friends at?" Allie asked glaring.

"I wouldn't worry about your friends." She said. "I'd be more worried about you your execution is in thirty mintues."

"Thirty mintues?" Allie asked. "But the guard said at noon!"

Michella smirked. "I changed my mind about the time I wanna get it over with."

She leaned forward. "And guess what else?"

"What?" Allie asked glaring even more.

"I'm doing the honors of cutting your head off." She said.

"We have to find them now." James said wincing as the elfs wrapped a bandage arouud his waist. "Riley was injured when she and the wolf fell in the well and went into another world."

"Which world did they fall into?" Deanna asked.

"I don't know but the light was so bright it could blind you." James said putting his shirt back on.

"She's in the Land of Spirituality." Giselle whispered. "She'll be okay."

"How do you know?" James asked.

"Cause that's the same thing that happened to her great grandmother." Giselle said. "She fell in the same land injured and she survived and got back here with help from a friend."

"I hope that friend comes soon." Deanna said looking into the crystal as Riley stumbled.

"Where are you going?" Deanna asked noticing Zackary arming himself.

"Me and the dwarfs are gonna save Summer from the queen." He said. "Don't try to talk me out of it cause I won't listen."

"We won't cause we're going with y'all." Deanna said getting up.

"What about Riley and Allie?" Zackary asked.

"They have to get themselves out their situations." Giselle said. "Summer is worst then them cause she's in the deep sleep something only you can bring her out of Zackary."

He nodded. "I know I was hoping she would've figured it out before it happened."

Giselle smiled. "She'll know when you said her now y'all must be going and be careful."

All three nodded and left Giselle's chambers. They walked outside where the dwarfs were loading a big cart up.

"I see we have four more passengers." Doctor said.

"Four?" They asked in unison then turned seeing the twins following them.

"Y'all want to come too?" Zackary asked.

"Yes we want to be there when Summer wakes up and be there to help Riley and Allie." Dum said. "Plus we can distract the guards for you."

"They are good at distraction." Deanna said with a smile.

Zackary chuckled at their pleading looks. "Guess they're coming with us."

The twins whopped for joy and did cartwheels into the cart. "Kay let's get a moving." Neutral said.

They left with the villagers cheering them on as went through the gates of Diamond City.

Jimmy sat on the porch step smoking and looking at the full moon high in the sky.

"I hope they're okay." He said.

"What are you doing out?" A voice asked.

Jimmy looked to see Emily coming out the house quietly closing the door cause the others were sleeping.

"Couldn't sleep needed to get some air." He said blowing a puff out.

"Mind if I join you?" She asked.

"Not at all." He said as she sat next to him.

"The moon really is beautiful isn't it?" Emily asked. "Takes my breath away if I had any." She said with a giggle.

Jimmy chuckled. "Why'd you had to come out?"

"No reason." She said. "Just wanted to finally enjoy the beauty of the moon since we're safe right now."

"Let's home it stays like that till this mess is fixed." Jimmy said.

Emily nodded in agreement as a shooting star went by. "Make a wish." She said closing her eyes.

Jimmy closed his eyes. "Please let the girls be okay and fix this." He said in his head.

Riley coughed as she tripped in a rock falling into the snow. She looked around in disbelief.

"I've been here before I'm going in circles." She whispered. "I'll never find my way out."

"Of course you won't cause you can't win." He said.

"Get the fuck out my head!" Riley said getting up and running.

He chuckled. "I'm everywhere with you Riley you can't escape me."

"I can try." She said running into the snow storm as it grew stronger.

She could his laughter all around her then she heard a growl Riley turned and tripped falling through the ice and into the water below.

"Gotta get out of here." Allie said. "But how?"

"You know how Allie." A voice said.

"Chester?" She said looking around and seeing the familiar grin through the ceiling window.

He slowly appeared. "We have to get you out there before Miss Tyrant comes back."

"How?" She asked. "There's no way out."

"On the contrary." Chester said. "Just think what did your great grandmother did to get out of Wonderland?"

Allie thought about it then she gasped. "She was asleep so she woke herself up."

"Bingo now wake yourself up." Chester said vanishing.

Allie closed her eyes concentrating and whispering Allie wake up.

"Everyone covered up good?" James asked as they neared the castle.

"Yeah." Everyone said in unison.

"Halt!" The guard said. "Who goes there?"

"We stayed behind at Diamond City taking some trophies from our victory." Zackary said pulling the bandanna up further.

"Let them through." The guard said.

The gate went down and they slowly cautiously walked over the bridge. Walking in they got to the center of the square.

"Now!" Deanna yelled throwing the cover off and shocking a guy with her slipper.

The dwarfs and twins jumped out with their weapons and joined the fight. Zackary managed to get through the guards and into the castle in search of Summer.

Riley slowly came to the snow blinding her slightly. She shivered from the cold and being wet.

She shivered as her vision became clearer she realized something was standing in front of her.

Riley slowly looked up and gasped coming face to face with a white wolf.