Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 31

"You're my great grandmother?" Riley whispered in disbelief staring at the white wolf.

"Yes I am." She said.

"Perhaps we should go in so you all can get treated and fed and talk about this." Giselle said.

"Great I'm starved." Summer said making everyone laugh.

When they got inside and to the area where they washed at the guys separated from the girls.

"I'll take your sword to be shined and sharpened." Eden said.

Summer handed her it as the other elfs came forward. They all stripped out it their outfits.

"Never thought I'd be so happy to have my hair washed." Allie said as water was poured over her head.

Riley looked through her hair as the white wolf slowly stood up turning into an elderly woman. She looked like an older version of Riley with white hair that was cropped short, her eyes were slightly dull but still a lively blue color.

"Grandmother?" Riley whispered again.

"Yes and I'm so proud of you Riley." She said.

"What for?" Riley asked. "I gave into the wolf letting him claim me as his mate I've done nothing to be proud of."

"You made the same mistake as did I." Isodora said.

"You mean you gave into the wolf too?" Riley asked.

"Yes I did and just like he did to you he tried to turn me against my friends and allies so he along with the other evil doers could take over the worlds." She said. "As you can see he didn't succeed and I fought against him."

"How did you manage to break his control over you?" Riley asked. "Though I didn't kill my friends he still has power over me I can feel it."

"True and you know he'll try to do it again but you have to fight it Riley." Isodora said. "You've managed to do it so far and you can continue to do it."

"I don't know I just have a feeling he'll try full force to control me in the final battle." She said.

"It's true he will but in the end you'll be victorious in your fight against him." Isodora said.

"No offense but how are you still alive after all these years?" Summer asked.

"I still age just slowly." She said. "All the inhabitants of Diamond City age slowly."

"Where's mine and Summer's grandmothers then?" Allie asked.

Isodora laughed softly. "They've been around y'all this entire time."

"What are you talking about?" Summer asked.

"We've been here all along with y'all helping and preparing you." Tabitha said then changed into an older version of Summer.

"Holy shit!" Summer said splashing the water. "You're my grandmother?"

"Yes." Tabitha said with a smile.

"How the hell are you an elf then?" She asked.

"I can shapeshift." She said. "Been able to do it for a while now."

"You pretended to be a little girl that I babysit." Summer whispered.

"That was just to get an eye on you the only way to her close enough to you was masquerading as a child." Tabitha said. "I knew you wouldn't believe me if I appeared to you in my natural state."

"What about my grandmother?" Allie asked.

"I gave you your new dress." A familiar voice said.

Allie looked up as Miranda came in with a smile. "You're my grandmother?" Allie whispered.

Miranda's smile widen. "I'd hoped you figured it out but you didn't but that's okay cause you know now."

"How are you still young?" Allie asked.

"I'm not but a little enchantment and magic helped me retain my youthful appearance." She said.

"If y'all have been alive this entire time why haven't y'all told us about all this shit going down?" Summer asked.

"Y'all had to find out yourselves." Tabitha said.

"I've been hearing that alot and I still don't get why we had too." Summer said.

"We mean y'all probably wouldn't have believed us if we just told y'all Summer." Randi said. "So y'all had to find out on your own."

The girls got out the tubs drying off and getting into the white dresses as Giselle entered the room.

"Now that you know I have something to show y'all." She said leading them out the room.

Walking into Giselle's chambers they saw the crystal ball showing Michella who was angry with rage over the death of her sister.

"Bitch is pissed cause I killed her sister." Summer said with a small smile.

"Yes and now she wants yours and Allie's heads to roll." Giselle said.

"Let her try." Summer said. "It's gonna be her head rolling."

"You must practice your fighting cause her along with the wolf are planning to attack tonight." Giselle said.

"Tonight?" Summer asked. "Are you serious?"

Giselle nodded. "I am."

"And we just got back from escaping them now we have to fight them again so soon." Allie said.

Miranda squeezed her shoulder. "It's best if y'all get a good rest."

"Don't we need to practice though?" Riley asked.

"A sleepy person has a better chance of their head rolling." Tabitha said.

Riley laughed. "Okay let's go."

As they walked to their sleeping quarters Riley stopped seeing James sharpening his ax. "Hey." He said with a smile.

"Hi." She said coming over. "How are you?"

"Fine you?" He asked.

"Never better." She said and kissed him.

He chuckled. "Don't you need to rest for tonight?"

"I don't want to think about it right now so distract me." She said with a mischevious smile.

"That I can do." He said cupping her face and laying her on the pallet.

"I'll have all three of their heads tonight!" Michela yelled.

"One of those heads is mine." Matthew said. "I intend on getting it along with another."

"Relax both of you." Miriam said. "All their heads will be ours tonight."

"It's even better the second time." James said panting.

"In my case third time but it does get better with each time." Riley said kissing his chest.

"Riley when all these is over will you remember me when you go back to your world?" He asked.

"Of course I'll never forget you how can I?" She asked.

"Cause you might when you go back and Jimmy is waiting for you." James said.

"Listen James yes you and Jimmy look alike with a few exceptions but y'all still act alike and harbor the same feelings for me." Riley said. "Even when I do fix this I'll never forget about you and I'll love you as much as I do now regardless of my feelings for Jimmy."

He stroked her cheek. "Promise you won't forget me?"

She kissed him. "I promise as long as you don't forget me."

"I could never forget you." He said.

Riley snuggling into his arms her head on his chest and falling asleep smiling.