Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 33

"Zackary how'd you get involved in all of this?" Summer asked between his legs in the basin.

"Valora sent her minions to kill my parents mainly my mother to prevent her from conceiving me." He said.

"She knew about you and all of this long before you were born?" Summer asked.

"She dabbled in dark arts and magic so she had ways of seeing the future before it happened." He said. "Anyway one night she sent her people after my mom who at the time was nine months pregnant."

"They went after my parents burning and destroying the cottage they had lived in to the ground." Zackary said. "My father tried his best to defend my mom but he was running out of ammo." "He told my mother to get as far away as she could."

"What did she do?" She asked.

"She refused at first to go without my dad but he demanded her too and she eventually did." Zackary said then looked down. "That was the last time my mother saw my dad alive."

"Zack I'm so sorry." Summer said facing him.

"It's alright my dad sacrificed himself to save my mother and me." He said. "He wouldn't have done it any other way if it meant protecting me and my mother."

"I wish my dad was like that." She said looking away.

"What is he like?" Zackary asked pulling her closer to his chest.

"I don't know he abandoned by mom when she was still pregnant at with me." Summer said. "I never knew him not that I want too."

"You really don't wish to know him?" Zackary asked.

"Sometimes when I think of big events in my life like graduation and marriage but if he really wanted to be in my life he would've been there." She said. "At least I have my mom."

"You don't sound so happy bout her either." He commented.

"She just worries about me so much it gets annoying and on my nerves." Summer said. "I know it's all because she loves and cares about me I just wish she'd give me room to breathe."

"I wish my mom was here to worry bout me like that." He said quietly.

"Zackary I didn't...

"I know you didn't mean anything by it, it's just sometimes I wish she were here so I could go through growing pains is all." He said.

"Well it's a bitch but it's nice feeling loved." She said. "You didn't finish your story."

"My mom was running as best she could carrying a baby and being nine months but her minions were everywhere." Zackary said. "Then an ogre came knocking her down and was about to deliver the fatal blow when...

"Giselle saved her." Summer finished.

"How'd you know?" He asked.

"Just a feeling plus Giselle's been saving everyone's ass it seems like." She said.

He chuckled. "She blinded them then teleported my on to Diamomd City and explained to her about this." "My mom was skeptical at first but gradually came to believe it." "Then as luck would have it she went into labor at that moment."

"And out you came crying and chubby." Summer said with a smile.

"I wasn't that big when I was a baby!" Zackary said laughing and tickling her sides.

"I'm teasing you're still cute either way." She said grabbing his hands. "And I love you just the same."

"I feel the same way." He said kissing her.

"So what happened to your mom?" She asked when they pulled away.

"When I was six she was killed by Valora while trying to protect me." He said. "We had been living out in the woods protected my an enchantment but Valora found a way to infiltrate it." "My mom told me to run till I got to the cottage where the dwarfs were at."

"I did but I turned and saw Valora cast a spell that froze my mom till she shattered into a million pieces." He said. "I ran and ran she almost got to me till Giselle came and brought me here."

"She comforted and soothed me and I met another little boy who's parents died that same night as my mother." Zackary said.

"James." Summer said which he nodded to. "And she told y'all about us and the future?"

He nodded. "Ever since then we've been training and waiting for y'all so we could protect, train, and fight with y'all against them."

"I still can't believe that all of this was long forthcoming." Smear said. "To think one day I'm a normal teenager then next I've gotta save mutiple worlds from evil."

"I felt the same when I found out but you accepted it alot better and quicker than I did." He said.

She said nothing playing with his hand. "Zackary what will you do after we save the world?"

"Didn't give it much thought I guess everything will go back to normal." He said. "I'll probably build myself a cottage near the dwarfs."

"What about starting a family?" She asked.

"Didn't give that much thought either." He said. "It might happen but it'd be difficult cause all I'll ever want and love is you."

She smiled and kissed him before leaning back on his chest closing her eyes.

"You know when we save it I'm gonna miss this world." Allie said as she and the others ate.

"You'll miss us too?" Dee and Dum asked. .

She laughed. "I'll miss you two the most." She said hugging them.

"As much as I can't believe it I'm gonna miss not being queen though I've only been it for a few hours." Summer said looking at the crown.

"You know you can still rule even if you do go back to your world." Tabitha said.

"You mean we can still come even after we save it?" Allie asked.

"Of course talk can come and visit." Deanna said. "Just don't stay away too long or the twins will drive me crazy."

"We're not that annoying!" They said making everyone laugh then stopped when a loud noise happened making the castle shake.

"What's happening?" Allie asked.

"The battle." Riley said standing up. "They're here."