Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 35

"Riley please wake up Riley." A voice said.

Riley groaned softly as she heard the voice again. "Please wake up." It repeated.

She slowly opened her eyes all she saw were blurs, shapes, and one big blur standing over her.

Her vision slowly became clearer until she saw James. "Are you okay Riley?" He asked.

"I think so." She said. "What happened?"

"The wolf almost got to you then he...

"Where is he?" Riley asked now remembering what happened. "Did he hurt you?"

James smiled. "No Riley he didn't hurt me and he won't be hurting anyone anymore."

"You mean I...

"You killed him Riley." James said helping her sit up. "See for yourself."

Riley glanced to her left her eyes landing on the dead body of the wolf in human form. Naked and with an arrow through his chest.

Without thinking Riley got up and walked over squatting down looking at his dead face.

He was gone he was no longer in her head and had no control over her. As she thought this a feeling of sorrow came over her at his death.

She reached out stroking his short hair her vision became blurred as tears came forward.

James knew that Riley felt for the wolf despite what he had done and was planning on doing. He knew she had feelings for the wolf regardless so he let her mourn for him.

Finally Riley stood up still sobbing softly. James walked over putting an arm around her shoulders as she buried her face in his shirt.

James held her close rubbing and patting her back. He didn't say anything but that was okay for Riley.

Pulling away she turned back to the wolf pulling the arrow out. When she did the body glowed before vanishing nothing remained of him.

"Riley I'm...

"You don't need to say anything James." She said with a sad smile. "I'm fine and I'll be okay."

"Are you sure?" He asked as she walked pass him.

"No more questions we have a battle to win." She said mounting her crossbow.

"Shit!" Allie yelled dodging a hex.

The witch cackled at her and shot again. "You bitches never learn." Summer said throwing a knife at the witch hitting her in the heart.

"You okay All?" She asked.

"Fine you?" Allie asked getting up.

"I'm pumped and fired up." Summer said. "Where's Riley?"

"Don't know I hope she's okay." Allie said.

"She's fine she's tougher then she thinks she is." Summer said.

Before Allie could respond the ground starting shaking. She looked towards the woods seeing sqaures running towards the city.

"The cards!" She said.

"Run Allie!" Summer said raising her sword.

Allie ran as they got closer she glanced over seeing them behind her. As she ran she saw another shape appear.

"Running are you?" Michella asked. "You won't be running after your head is cut off!"

Allie skidded to a stop before running down an alley. She glanced over her shoulder falling over a loose cobblestone.

Before she could recover she was grabbed by a card which started to squeeze her.

"Do it slowly." Michella said from her place on his shoulder. "I want to see the life dim from her eyes."

Allie gasped for air as he increased his squeeze. Just as she passed out...

"Let her go!" Dee said shooting an arrow that had a fireball at the end at the card.

The card screamed in pain putting the fire out then hit Dee throwing him against a wall. He slumped down and didn't move.

"No." Allie whispered then anger took over. "I'll...

She gasped as the card started to squeeze again as her vision dimmed she remembered something.

Weakly reaching into her pockets she pulled out what she was looking for.

The mushroom.

Allie brought them to her mouth weakly chewing and swallowing as she passed out.

"Excellent!" Michella said. "Now let's...

Before she could finish the place started shaking as Allie grew in the cards hands. He yelled as she got bigger he dropped her as she continued to grow.

Allie stood up as she grew to at least fifty feet tall. "Woah." She said her voice echoing.

She looked down glaring at Michella and her minions. "Don't just stand there let's run!" She said running.

"No you don't." Allie said walking after them and stomping on some of the cards as she did.

Michella tripped on the train of her dress. She crawled away as Allie stopped her by putting a finger on her dress.

Allie screamed as some of the cards poked her with spears. "I'm not afraid of you." She said picking them all up in one hand.

"Nothing but a pack of cards." She said then flicked them out her hands and into the woods.

"As for you your majesty." Allie said. "You're not a queen you're...

Allie didn't notice she was beginning to shrink until she was face to face with the queen.

Michella laughed at her then slapped her making her fall. "So pathetic." "At least I got a good show before I do the honors."

"The only honor you'll be doing is dying." A voice said shooting the queen with an arrow.

Michella fell revealing Dee standing on Dum's head. "You're okay!" Allie said running over.

"Just got knocked out and a bad bump on the head." He said.

"Great the three musketeers can all die together." Michella said standing up and ripping the arrow out.

"Now?" Dum asked his brother.

"Now." Dee said as they hurled themselves at the queen.

"Get off me you pests!" She yelled blasting them off.

"Hey bitch!" Allie said.

"What?" Michella said turning as Allie jumped with an ax raised.

Michelle's face was frozen in fear as Allie swung the ax and kicked her head as it came off and rolled across the cobblestones.

Allie panted and watched as the queen's headless corspe fell into the nearby well. She looked seeing the head near a carriage.

She walked over picking it up and walked over to a nearby fire.

"Allie!" Deanna yelled. "Are you...

"She's dead." Allie said throwing the head into the fire. "I killed her."

"You did it!" The twins yelled and joined hands running around her.

Allie laughed and picked them up hugging them. "We did it." She said.

"You killed her?" Summer said entering the square with Zackary behind her.

Allie nodded. "Where's Riley?"

"I'm here." She said with James behind her.

"Where's the wolf?" Summer asked.

"Dead." Riley said. "He's dead."

"Riley I'm sorry." Allie said hugging her. "I know how you felt about him."

"I'll get over him eventually." She said and smiled at James.

"Guess we won then." Summer said.

"Not yet." Riley said. "Look!"

Everyone looked towards the woods seeing a figure with a black cloak watching the battle and them. It pulled off its hood.

"Miriam." Summer said angrily.

Miriam smiled evilly before running into the woods. "Y'all are on your own now y'all are the only ones who can defeat her." Deanna said.

"We'll be enough." Summer said her sword ready. "Y'all ready?"

"Not yet." Riley said kissing then hugging James. "I love you."

He kissed her again. "I love you too."

"You better not die." Zackary said as Summer hugged him and kissed him.

"That goes for you too." She said giving him a playful punch.

Allie hugged the twins. "Good luck." They said in unison.

She nodded. "Ready?"

"Ready." The other two said as all three ran into the woods.