Status: Complete

Nightmare

Chapter 38

Somewhere in Huntington Beach a bright portal opened in the middle of the street and three girls walked out it. The portal closing behind the last one.

"Goddamn!" Summer said looking at the fires, broken glass, fallen power lines, streetlights, and other damage.

"Everyone's turned into their character for one night and they've turned Huntington into a wasteland." Allie said.

"Let's fix this wasteland." Riley said and held her hand out for Allie to take.

"I still can't believe all this time that's the word we had to say to fix this." Summer said taking Allie's hand.

Allie giggled. "Let's do it." She said closing her eyes.

"They're getting through the door!" Shaggy said shaking and holding Scooby in his arms.

Daphne screamed as the blockage fell down and the zombies came through snarling and growling.

Everyone backed up into a corner holding each other and shaking as the zombie's advanced on them.

"Leave them alone!" Jimmy yelled and hit one with his bat.

The zombie turned snarling and grabbed the bat lifting Jimmy off the ground and threw him into the wall.

"Jimmy!" China Girl yelled and tried to run over to him but was stopped by Emily.

Jimmy groaned as the zombie picked him up baring his teeth at him then...

The zombie stopped snarling and his appearance slowly turned back into a human wearing zombie makeup.

"What the hell am I doing here and who are you?" The guy asked dropping Jimmy.

Jimmy gasped for air and looked seeing that the rest of the zombies along with The Hex Girls, and The Scooby Gang turn back into people.

"What are we doing here?" The girl dressed as Daphne asked.

"Um y'all were here for a party and y'all drank too much and passed out." Jimmy said.

"Yeah I'm not feeling too hot." The guy dressed as Shaggy said grabbing his stomach.

"Let's get home then." The guy dressed like Fred said. "Takes for the party."

With that said the Scooby Gang, Hex Girls, and zombies left leaving Jimmy, Emily, and China Girl.

"Jimmy are you alright?" CG asked coming over and lifting her arms.

"I'm fine." He said picking her up.

"If they turned back to normal that must mean...

"Everyone's turning back to normal." Jimmy whispered. "Come on!"

"It's working!" Allie said and said the word again.

"Everything's getting back to normal." Riley said as people changed back into themselves.

The girls walked down the street as people took off their mask touching their faces then looking at their masks. There was a bunch of what happeneds and where the hell am I?

Eventually the girls got back to Michelle's house where the chaos had started.

"The final act." Riley said taking their hands again.

"Still can't believe this word was the answer to this all." Summer said rolling her eyes making the other two laugh.

"Let's do it on three." Allie said closing her eyes.

"1, 2, 3...

"Trapa!" The three said in unison.

They opened their eyes as the sounds of people chattering and talking was heard and music played.

"We did it!" Allie said and hugged her friends.

"Let's find the guys." Summer said running into the house.

The party goers like the pedestrians outside were taking off their masks and looked in confusion wondering what happened.

"Okay." Michelle says into the mic. "I don't know what the fuck happened but I have to say this has been one killer party!"

Everyone cheered as music started playing and they started dancing.

"It's like nothing ever happened." Allie said.

"Girls?" A voice said from behind them.

"Johnny!" Allie said and hugged him. "You're okay!"

He chuckled. "Yeah thanks to y'all."

"You know where we've been and what happened?" Riley asked.

"Not really but I know y'all set everything right." Johnny said.

Allie laughed before hugging him again. "Guys?" A voice said.

"Zacky!" Summer yelled and threw herself at him making him stumble.

He chuckled. "I'm happy to see you two Summer I'm happy to see all of you."

"How you feeling Z?" Riley asked.

"I feel like I've gained some weight back." He said making them laugh.

"You're still hot to me." Summer said and pecked his cheek making him blush.

"Summer I have something to tell you...

"I know Zacky I like you too and have for a while now." Summer said.

"Sorry I took forever I...

"Zacky shut up and kiss me." Summer said and Zacky happily obligated.

"Bout damn time." Johnny said. "Allie you wanna dance?"

Allie smiled. "I'd love too." She said and took his hand.

Riley smiled as her friends went off with the guys that had their hearts for a while now.

"Time to find the guy who's had my heart." Riley said.

"Everything is less horrible." Emily said then gasped as she changed back. "Where am I?"

"I was walking you home cause you were drunk." Jimmy said.

The girl wrinkled her face. "I do feel nauseated slightly thanks for walking me." She said and walked away.

"Jimmy." China Girl said and lifted her hands showing them growing.

"You're changing back too." He said setting her on her feet.

"I'll never forget you Jimmy." She said hugging him as she continued to grow. "I'll miss you big brother."

Jimmy chuckled. "I'll miss you too little sister." He said as China Girl grew to human size.

"Where's my mommy?" The girl asked.

"Emma?" A woman said coming over.

"Mommy!" Emma yelled and ran into her arms.

"Don't ever wandered off again." The mother said then looked at Jimmy. "Thanks for helping her say thank you to the nice man for looking after you Emma."

"Thanks mister." Emma said waving as her and her mom walked away.

Jimmy waved before turning with a smile on his face to his next destination.

Riley looked around but couldn't find Jimmy. She sighed then felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned with a smile that faded at the sight of the person who tapped her shoulder.

"Matt?" Riley asked with wide eyes.

"Hey Riley how ya doing?" He asked if she wasn't mistaken awkwardly.

"I'm good better actually." She said. "Is there something you wanted?"

"Yeah I wanted to apologize to you for all the times I've harassed you and bothered you and your friends." Matt said. "I'm very sorry."

Riley was surprised. "Matt what brought this on?"

"I don't know honestly." He said. "I just got a feeling something happened to me that was a wake up call to change my ways." "So if you accept my apology I was wondering if we could start over."

Riley was shocked but she had a feeling that Matt had memory of turning into the wolf and he remembered the things he did while he was turned.

"Sure Matt I'd like to start over." Riley said with a smile.

"Great I guess I'll see you at school then." He said.

"Yeah see you around." She said as he gave her a friendly smile before walking away.

"I'm getting a feeling things are gonna be different from now on." Riley said.

"How different?" A voice asked.

Riley turned and smiled. "Jimmy!" She said hugging him. "I'm so glad to see you."

"I'm glad to see you too Riley." He said hugging her then whispered in her ear. "You did it."

Riley smiled. "We did it." She said glancing at Allie and Summer who were dancing with Johnny and Zacky.

"Bout time they got together." Jimmy said. "They made it too obvious."

Riley laughed. "You make it too obvious too James." She said then kissed him.

She pulled away as Jimmy's eyes widen. "How long have you known?"

"For a while now James." Riley said wrapping her arms around his neck.

"James?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "You never call me by my real name unless you're mad or serious."

"I am serious about how I feel about you Jimmy." Riley said. "I'm sorry it took me this long to realize it."

Jimmy grinned. "Better late then never."

Riley nodded in agreement and smiled as Jimmy pressed his lips to hers lifting her up.