Status: just started

A Walk in the Park with You

to keep from getting burned

It was monday and I had arrived at school early today to see if I could catch a glimpse of Scarlett
this morning but no such luck, as the day progressed I caught myself looking for her everytime I thought I had a chance to. At lunch period when I sat down I immediately saw her sitting down next to Bathan and some other random nobodies. I wanted to sit next to her and get to know her but before I questioned the thought my best friend Tony snapped me back to reality. "Hey man, you're gonna stare holes through her, besides, she's wayy out of your league man. She's like that mysterious sexy girl that likes to do it doggy style ya'know?" He laughed while taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Out of my league? Yeah sure, besides I'm not staring at her, I was staring at Bethan, I saw her at a party over the weekend and she blew one of my college buddies, was just wondering if I could get some action man." I tried to play it cool but i think we both knew none of this sentence was true.
"Yeah, sure man if you're such hot shit then it wouldn't be an issue tapping that right?"
"I could do it with my eyes closed" I laughed but knew I was about to get my ass handed to me.

"100 bucks says differant." "100 dollars says I make you my bitch man" He laughed and we shook on it. "The deal is.." he began. "You sleep with her by prom or the moneys mine, so get to work man you have a lot of work cut out for you, she's never gonna give you the time of day."

"Yeah yeah" I waved him off throwing away my half eaten lunch tray and walking to my locker for the last period.
When school finally went out I decided to walk home today so I could see scarlett, and after 10 minutes of walking I did.

I ran up to her, "Hey wait up" She didn't reply so I asked her what was wrong. "I don't know if I gave you the wrong idea the other night but I don't want to talk to you."she stated almost bored with my presence, I was taken back but i persisted. "Why's that, I thought you didn't judge a book by its cover?" "I'm not judging I'm keeping my distance." she countered. "Wow so thats how you make new friends huh?play hard to get?" I smirked then winked at her. she than calmly replied

"Ahh my mission in life, to be best friends with Kit himself. But obviously I struck your fancy so I see it worked, the world makes sense again." she turned around to walk the other way but then I asked her why she was avoiding me. "Why are you avoiding me like the plague?" "Why are you latching on to me like a virus?"

"Do you always awnser questions with questions ?" I chuckled. I tried to stay calm as well but I was honestly hurt. "Do you?" she replied again rolling her eyes.
I really didn't understand why she was being so crude to be honest, The other night she seemed totally into me, shy but into me.

"Well not with anyone but you." I smiled yet again. "Good to know." she started walking faster and I finally gave up and started walking home. I'll try again tomorrow, this girl and 100 dollars relied on my smooth skills and I had to keep them both.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't really want to change the POV but I did because it wouldnt have made since to just suprise dump this on you in the middle of the story so here this is, some interesting stuff huh? comment what you want there first date to be and ill decide in the next few days and write up the next chapter.